[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A52jF 75LTX8 Why the fuck are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 1920x1080
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A52jF75LTX8

Why the fuck are dubs so emotionless? And why the hell are those hacks being paid for something /a/nons could do better?
>>
File: 8i.png (588 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
8i.png
588 KB, 1440x810
>>143453552

>he made a pun using his own name

Jesus christ. At least it isn't as bad as Railgun's dub where Kuroko keeps saying "sissy" in place of "onee-sama".
>>
>>143453552
The HxH dub is looking promising at least. Netero sounds great.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=61GRbLHHb-g
>>
>>143453552
>Why the fuck are dubs so emotionless?
English dubs are dogshit 97.5% of the time, more news at 10
>>
>Mfw There are people on /a/ who have openly admitted to liking the ttgl Eng dubover the original.

I will admit however there are some English dubs that are just as good if not better than the original
>>
>>143453552
Holy shit that's disgusting.
I mean, I didn't expect much out of Accelerator's English VA much less compare him to the absolutely insane performance by his original VA. But what's her face was really bad.

Seriously no fucking emotion in her. You can't tell the difference between the desperate situation she's in at first and then the pseudo-realization that he's brain damage and can't do shit. It's all the same fucking tone with her.
>>
>>143453687
I can't decide if it's great or terrible that dubs have started pronouncing Japanese names like weebs
>>
>>143453687
>won't get to hear the top arcs dubbed for years
>>
The worst part is that 90% of the time the problem isn't even the actors themselves, it's the direction and script. You hear a lot of the actors in other roles and they sound fine.
>>
DBZ
Outlaw Star
Golden Boy
Black Lagoon
Berserk

Those are the only good dubs I've seen that surpass the Jap voices
>>
>>143454584
While you are right in some cases, this scene at least should be pretty fucking obvious.

>You're going to fucking die.
>You caught the attackers bluff. Crisis averted. Boast about it.
>FUCK. YOU'RE GOING TO DIE.

It's simple. But the actor and director did absolutely nothing to get that across.
>>
>dubs
>ever
Consider suicide
>>
>>143454836
I'm sure Japs watch Spongebob in English
>>
>>143454836
I thought the your lie in april Dub was just as good and even better in some parts.
>That Emi
>Arimas final plea
>The final letter
But admittedly, it did have it's lacklustre performances.
>>
>>143453552
Simple, if it's a shit show then it's going to get a shit dub. You'll notice how most of the time when a show is really good it usually has a better dub. Both voice actors here are just talking like they normally would so it's shit. They've actually done a good job else where.
>>
>>143456172
>They've actually done a good job else where
I find that hard to believe. The video in >>143453552 sounds like a fucking fandub.
>>
>>143453552
The women are the worst, you can just tell she wishes she were getting spitroasted by Chad and Tyrone in a nightclub bathroom instead of doing this loser shit.
>>
>>143454753
DBZ is largely better due to nostalgia and because Goku's VA sounds heroic like Superman. I didn't realise that Gokus not meant to sound heroic, he's meant to sound like the same country kid from DB. Black Lagoon, I hate Revy's English voice. I can only imagine it being better cause you don't get awkward Engrish.

At this point, with /a/ sings, Orchestr/a/, etc., I'm surprised we haven't had an /a/ dub or abridged series.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.