[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zankoku na tenshi no you ni Shonen yo, shinwa ni nare...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: LIKE AN ANGEL.jpg (140 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
LIKE AN ANGEL.jpg
140 KB, 480x360
Zankoku na tenshi no you ni
Shonen yo, shinwa ni nare...
>>
>>143451576
>trumpets
>>
aoi kaze ga ima
mune no doa wo tataite mo
>>
watashi dake wo tada mitsumete
hohoenderu anata
>>
sotto fureru mono
motomeru koto ni muchuu de
unmei sae mada shiranai
itaikena hitomi
>>
dakedo itsuka kizuku deshou
sono senaka ni wa
haruka mirai mezasu tameno
hanega ga arukoto
>>
zankoku na tenshi no te-ze
madobe kara yagate tobitatsu
hotobashiru atsui patosu de
omoide wo uragiru nara
kono sora wo daite kagayaku
SHOUNEN YO SHINWA NI NARE
>>
>>143451576
butts
>>
Sotto
Fureru mono
It all comes tumbling down
NOW YOU'RE JUST SOMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOW
>>
>>143451576
Man I don't speak fucking gibbledy gook nip shit take that to /jp/
>>
https://youtu.be/W0FIDjx4Ig8
>>
I honestly don't understand the hype around EVA. Maybe you had to watch it at a certain age or something like reading Catcher in the Rye to really like it but to me it just struck me as another mecha with an asspull of an ending.

Still a great show, though, however.
>>
File: 1467047074667.png (4 MB, 1215x1200) Image search: [Google]
1467047074667.png
4 MB, 1215x1200
>>143451576
I buy sausage
>>
>>143453820
It was one of my first anime, actually the first not counting Ghibli, Satoshi Kon and Akira.

The nostalgia glasses has a lot to do with it, but I just finished rewatching NGE + EoE yesterday and oh boy what a ride.
>>
>>143454335
Yeah, the nostalgia factor is pretty much what I thought it had going for it. Not to say it was a bad show, I really think the movie ending made up for the TV ending.
>>
>>143454407
Even then I still think it's a great anime. It'd probably still be my favorite even if I had watched it later on. I guess it's also about how you perceive the message.

>the movie ending made up for the TV ending
Yeah definitely. I still liked ep25 and 26 but the omedetou end was anticlimatic.
>>
Tfw you're the only person on Earth who actually liked the Congratulations ending
>>
>>143454510
I liked it too.
It's not as good as the EoE ending but it's still good.
>>
>>143454444
>I guess it's also about how you perceive the message.

I get that impression a lot. Most people who love it seem to interpret it as something ultimately positive and seem to believe that it is possible to figure out what is actually going on sufficiently.

I really don't understand how you can think of it like that though, it strikes me as something that, to the very last scene, is almost wholly negative, and ironically mocking whenever it appears to not be.
>>
>>143454758
I'd say it depends, I would've chosen instrumentality and I think Shinji made the wrong choice. But ultimately what is said in the 26th episode and in EoE about one's relationship to others is true.
>it is possible to figure out what is going on sufficiently
You mean that you found the animation off-putting?

>how you can think of it like that
You mean the hedgehog dilemma, or something else?
>>
>>143453820
ur gay
i recently watched it for the fist time and was amazing
>>
>>143453820
It's one of the best directed and one of the thematically strongest shows anime has to offer while also having a wide appeal.

>>143453820
>>143454407
Nostalgia has little to do with it. NGE highly likely has a higher number of new fans than any other 20+ year-old show.

>>143454758
EoE says it outright that if you have hope you can find happiness anywhere. Pretty positive if you ask me.
>>
>>143454812
>I'd say it depends, I would've chosen instrumentality and I think Shinji made the wrong choice.

It's interesting you bring this up, because this is an issue that I feel is much more ambiguous than many fans typically perceive it to be.

>You mean that you found the animation off-putting?
The overall presentation of plot, characterization, motivations, and yes, the overly fast scene cuts that serve to disorient you. The animation itself it fine.

>You mean the hedgehog dilemma, or something else?
Eva seems completely adamant about distrusting any kind of seeming certainty, and especially the basic desire to hope that things might get better. Watching it, I feel like my ability to feel normal emotion is being thrown into a blender, and replaced with something disgusting and myopic.

>>143454905
>EoE says it outright

That characters say this means little to me. In what sense can anyone return to anything resembling a meaningful or functional life with the world in that state? How am I supposed to trust the truth of anything here? Shinji and Asuka (if we can even say they properly identify with their old selves) meet each other with incomprehensible hatred.
>>
>>143455186
>That characters say this means little to me.
Characters come to that conclusion through introspection, it isn't just a blank unjustified statement.
>>
>>143455186
>much more ambiguous than many fans typically perceive it to be.
Could you elaborate?
What's your take on Instrumentality?

That's a lot of stuff you find off-putting. Yet you still like NGE? What are its redeeming qualities to you?

I kind of understand what you mean. The point of the later episodes is the complete psychological deconstruction of the characters, their insecurities are laid bare. Yet as another anon said, it's made clear that hope can be found anywhere.
>>
>>143454031
I see Tsukasa in there.
>>
>>143455387
Shinji comes to his fantasy land where everyone is an ideal, 'normal' projection of how he wishes they were in 26 through introspection. That is the peak of what I see as ironic self mocking, there's no way he's directly communicating with their true thoughts in those scenes and the product is the direct result of him accepting this and giving in to this limbo reality. I don't see how anyone can interpret this as anything but extreme depreciation, it feels like a parody of what he might imagine ideal connection to be, rather than an affirmation of his acceptance that he cannot truly know others. It repulses me.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.