[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://twitter.com/ProductionIGinc /status/7473610545234165
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 5
File: ghost-in-the-shell-live-action.jpg (148 KB, 650x431) Image search: [Google]
ghost-in-the-shell-live-action.jpg
148 KB, 650x431
https://twitter.com/ProductionIGinc/status/747361054523416577/photo/1

Maybe this film won't be complete shit?
>>
>>143442603
Oshii is there. Let's give it a shot
>>
>>143442603
>Maybe this film won't be complete shit?
I am just sad that they are clearly basing it on the animated-film Motoko. I still very much prefer the manga version or the SAC version.
>>
>>143442603
Only weebs and SJWs think it will be shit.
>>
>>143442603
So, why were people ass-blasted for her playing Motoko? Isn't she a foreign woman reborn as a cyborg and not technically even Japanese?
>>
>>143443381
Because ScarJo isn't muscular enough to be Mako
>>
>>143443381
>So, why were people ass-blasted for her playing Motoko? Isn't she a foreign woman reborn as a cyborg and not technically even Japanese?
Because people are retarded and not want to focus on the adaptation itself sucking. Becauise for some reason the news media likes to focus on a topic that is popular for clicks and right now it is race and gender casting in films.
>>
why even adapt the film at all?
>>
>>143443409
>ScarJo
this sounds like a great murder hobo name, thanks anon
>>
>>143443381
scarjo is a meme.
She's a talentless hack that can't act but has a body normalfags love and clearly knows her way around a cock, and has been typecast in the "token female" femme fatale role in pretty much every recent scifi action movie.

The fact that she got this role shows really clearly that the people in charge going in didn't see this IP as anything other than another Avengers.

Plus it emphasizes the issue of having north american actors in a japanese setting speaking american english. Nobody is still really sure to what degree they'll whitewash the movie but if they're not willing to preserve the ethnicity of the characters then it's a pretty sure sign they won;t preserve the nationality of the setting and we'll just end up with another hollow imitation of cyberpunk by people who really, really don't understand what makes the source material what it is.
>>
She cant act.
>>
>>143443530
Why not?
>>
>>143443381
Because she isn't asian, weaboos and SWJ are saying asians want asians in their Hollywood adaptations of their shows, asians don't give a shit.
>>
>>143443381
Because ScarJo isn't a good actor.
>>
>>143443894
the original was fine, theres no point in doing the same film again. any creative liberties the film takes just removes itself more from the GitS label. Adaptations, IMHO, shouldn't really exist, but specifically it seems valueless to adapt GitS because the original accomplished more than a live action version has the potential to
>>
File: 1456116496826.jpg (10 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
1456116496826.jpg
10 KB, 205x246
>if we take a picture with kowai and oshii, people will think it's not shit!
nice try
>>
GitS is a franchise that deals hevily with the themes of politics in it's world setting. Specifically Japanese politics and how they intersect with Japanese cultural issues.

The fact that they not only cast a white actress but are trying to use Scar's name recognition to draw in the "Cool action spy explosions" crowd makes it pretty clear they don't give a fuck about what actually make Ghost in the Shell good.

Maybe in a couple years we'll get a formal apology from the writers like we did with Dragonball Evolution.
>>
>>143443901
>if I put words in people's mouths, it will make me sound smart!
Weebs want the source material to be preserved as much as possible. Parading hollywood's latest whore across the silver screen instead of casting someone that reflects the character in the original work is what they;re pissy about.

I'm sure SJW gives less than a single fuck about GitS or the japanese.
>>
Never seen anything GITS before and I want to download the first movie but all the different stuff is god damn confusing. I just want the first movie. Also the 2.0 version is only an improvement?
>>
>>143444004
>needing the approval of the minority of the people who will actually go see the movie
kys
>>
>>143444212
2.0 replaced 1/10 of the animation with awful CGI, avoid that like cancer.

You want 1995 original GitS movie.
GitS 2 Innocence is a sequel.
GitS 2.0 is a re-release of the 95 movie with the aforementioned CGI rape.

After that you want to watch the Stand Alone Complex anime (both seasons) and the Solid State Society movie which acts as an epilogue to the SAC series.
>>
>>143443901
>Putting words in people's mouths while mocking people for putting words in Asians' mouths

I'm not sure how many layers of irony this post is under
>>
>>143444250
>not trying to trick gullible weebs into doing things such as posting threads on imageboards suggesting "maybe it's not that bad!"
>not wanting free advertising from degenerates
kys
>>
>>143444212
I dont feel that the cgi in 2.0 does any favors to the original cut, stick with that first.
>>
>>143444135
>Weebs want the source material to be preserved as much as possible.
Then explain why every time this subject is touched the first thing is the "whitewashing".
>>
>>143443381
literally only SJW's gave a shit

anyone else ignorant of the source materail never gave a shit

fans assumed Major was just using a Caucasian body for the lolz

and Japs assumed she was always Caucasian anyway
>>
>>143444384
Your post is the first one here to use it. Maybe you should be explaining why.
>>
>>143444325
>>143444283
There isnt a 1080p version? Only found the 720p version so dl right now. Thanks
>>
>>143444418
I mean in the Internet in general, not here.
>>
>>143442603

>>>/tv/
>>
>>143444427
Nigger it seems to me like you're a moron that can't use google.

https://bakabt.me/torrent/171377/koukaku-kidoutai-ghost-in-the-shell-1995-bd-1080p-niizk

https://bakabt.me/torrent/173300/koukaku-kidoutai-2-innocence-ghost-in-the-shell-2-innocence-bd-1080p-niizk

https://bakabt.me/torrent/150080/koukaku-kidoutai-stand-alone-complex-ghost-in-the-shell-stand-alone-complex-1080p-ozc-anime

https://bakabt.me/torrent/151916/koukaku-kidoutai-s-a-c-2nd-gig-ghost-in-the-shell-stand-alone-complex-2nd-gig-1080p-ozc-anime

https://bakabt.me/torrent/152374/koukaku-kidoutai-ghost-in-the-shell-s-a-c-solid-state-society-1080p-ozc-anime
>>
File: uyktjfk.png (47 KB, 151x294) Image search: [Google]
uyktjfk.png
47 KB, 151x294
>>143444542
>spoonfeeding
>>
>>143444542
>Enabling dumbasses by spoonfeeding

What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>143444460
You aware of the concept of vocal minority? What you see on the internet doesn't translate well to what it actually is like, especially since the few autists tend to also be the ones who will keep screaming about something over and over again. You see the same thing on /a/ with people like crack-kun who drown out other people since they aren't as persistent as him.
>>
>>143442603
I thought the writer was Masamune Shirow.
>>
>>143443297
It's weird that they could have gone that route I mean Makoto was actively bisexual in the manga (you could even argue she was gay, but he just didn't want to draw male ass). Which would be nice pandering.

Also people need to remember that loving the work too much can be a bad thing.
See Warcraft as an example about how having a movies cock in your mouth can cause you to fuck up.
>>
>>143444129
>adaptation
Good damn it, if you want that then just stick with the original material
>>
>>143444938
But Warcraft movie is an utter lorerape that rapes literally the entire fucking plot of WC1. It's prime example of Hollywood trash that has 0 respect for source material.
t. Warcraftfag
>>
>>143444746
>You aware of the concept of vocal minority?
Sorry, anon but;
>every time this subject is touched the first thing is the "whitewashing".
We were talking about people complaining about ScarJo, I told you what I've seen people complaining about.
>>
>>143444992
>literally the entire fucking plot
Literally kill yourself
>>
>>143445228
>no counter arguments
Eat shit and die
>>
/a/ BTFO
>>
>>143445084
Yes, on the internet, which as said, the few retard autists are the ones screaming the loudest. And let's not forget the paid shills. You might laugh and think it's conspiracy theory thinking, but that's what Ghostbuster is doing right now: shutting down an complaints with muh sexism and using the controversy to advertise.

Your 'every time' come from a small pool of people because they're the ones who scream the longest and loudest. Again, you don't seem to understand this at all. Majority of the people don't give a fuck about this. It's a small group who do and those few who do will keep shouting. That's why you hear about whitewashing 'every time'; because they just keep regurgitating it 'every time'.
>>
>>143445280
You made a false statement claiming that the entire plot of WC1 was literally "raped".
>>
>>143445338
It was. A faggot like you that never played WC1 wouldn't know that.
>>
>>143442603
I sincere hope it's a pile of steaming shit. Because a good movie is not worth validating and enabling the fucks that made it.
>>
Look at who the director is. That will tell you if it will be good or not.
>>
>>143442603
>Maybe this film won't be complete shit?
its Hollywood of course its going to be shit, their is no financial incentive on their part for it not to be shit.
>>
>>143444729
Retard detected.
>>
>>143444992
It rapes the plot because it wanted to adhere to newer lore, but if it didn't love it and spend exposition and archetypes and "look at the effort in our armor" it migth be better
>>
>>143445479
doesn't matter for these types of movie executive meddling and marketing will win out .
the kind of people that want to watch a git live action will come to watch it no matter what they do to the movie, therefore they will make to movie to appeal to a different or more broader demographic since they know the former will come anyway and they will catch the latter as a bonus.
There is literally no incentive for a company to make a faithful and adaptation.
>>
>>143445306
yes, voice of reason!! we don't want abstracted GitS, we just want GitS, which we already have, and don't need a live action version to do a worse job of
>>
>>143443381
I'm honestly mad because that bitch can't act and she always makes the same 'smelling a fart' face. She's also very ugly
>>
>>143443606
>token female" femme fatale role
I don't even know why she gets this kind of role, she just doesn't project that kind of image at all compared to some other actresses. Her acting in the recent Jungle Book movie was also pretty bad.
>>
>Casuals and normalfags are now going to ruin anime and manga even more
Let that sink in for a moment, now instead of people saying "I'm such a nerd XD", they'll be saying "I'm such an Otaku XD".
>>
>>143445719
>the kind of people that want to watch a git live action will come to watch it no matter what they do to the movie

No, the very much will not.
That's the same logic they had with DragonBall and look how that turned out.
>>
who should play the Major in your opinion?

Milla Jovovich would've fit 15 years ago
>>
>>143445800
Because you don;t have to act or seem threatening to be a femme fatale. It's not about being a strong or effectual character or projecting an aura of confidence or an image of being dangerous or competent. It's literally just sex appeal.

She has an ass that looks good in spandex, so she's typecast. Acting ability is optional, which is why she's suited for that archetype.
>>
>>143443956
exactly! Thats why we MUST make a movie to squeeze every good penny out of this! If it fails it ends in the garbage bin, if it succeeds we have Series Milker Project #2501 for moneywood
>>
>>143445824
>look how that turned out.
from a financial point of view it did fine, even if the movie was panned
in the end it turned a profit.
>>
>>143445938
gah, too true. also sick reference
>>
>>143444129
My major problem with this adaption is that it will probably do the same thing the new Deus Ex does with the old series, where it DOES HAVE politics, but its the bloody "current trend " politics (PROGRESSIVENESS!) rather than taking a spin off a basis of commonly argued political or economical issue and set it in a cyberpunk scenario.
>>
Yes it will with this jew nosed mouthbreather actress.
>>
>>143443901
I give a little bit of a shit
>>
>>143445970
Thats EXACTLY the problem. They already know a certain degree of people WILL want to see it either because A: it MIGHT be good or B: know the franchise and assume hollywood does nothing bad; So even if the movie was utter shit they would have already made initial sales profits and be out of the red. (see batman v. superman). Hollywood's logic is not about quality, its about throwing as many as possible and seeing which sticks whilst muddling with any of their adaptions reputation which they don't give two shits.
>>
>>143445814
I guess we just have to hope it flops like Dragonball Evolution or turns into a hidden gem like Speed Race
>>
>>143446032
>current trend
I wonder if they are going to shoe horn in Internet memes in a vain attempt To seem hip and relevant
>>
>Directed by the guy who has only done this and with literallywho screenwriters
>>
Why would this be any different from the other 100?
>>
>>143443236
Oshii could only make it worse, tbch.
>>
>>143446570
This, desu.

I wonder how much he was paid to endorse it.
>>
>>143443381
It's because she's a shit choice for the role. Emily Blunt or bust.
>>
>>143443381
Because shes a shit choice.
>>
>>143447430
She looks too much like Olivia Munn and I want to see even less of Munn than we already do.
>>
>>143444283
You forgot how it also slapped in the piss filter from Human Revolution and was basically a shitty rush job to try and make the aesthetic consistent with Innocence.
The only reason I own a BD copy is because the Laserdisc scan of the original on it used to be the highest quality you could get on home media until the proper BD release a year or two ago.
>>
>>143446297
It had some good visual direction desu.
That's about it.
>>
>>143447503
She's still the only woman in Hollywood today that can carry an action role.
>>
>>143447723
I'm not even /tv/ but I know that's wrong as fuck. She's just the CURRENT girl that investors know will draw crowds.
>>
>>143443381
only /r9k/ losers hate her. She's definitely fap material
>>
>No Masamune Shirow
This movie will be shit.
>>
>>143447782
Anon, I'm not talking about ScarJo.
>>
>>143447956
Totally missed that. Please ignore. I suck cocks in hell and all that.
>>
>>143443381
Were the fuck are you cunts getting this foreign woman from?
>>
>>143442603
Oshii looks like a complete cool bro if you ask me.

Also this >>143447821

>respect towards their work.
>no Shirow
>>
>>143442603
If Kawai Kenji is going to make the music, it would probably be the only good thing about that movie.
>>
>>143448041
Did you watch 2nd Gig? There's a whole episode about Motoko's past.
>>
>>143443381
She is japanese as fuck. Plus her name is really rooted into japanese culture. An English equivalent would be Elizabeth Excalibur. For me watching ScarJo play Motoko is no different from watching a japanese girl wearing a union jack shirt that say in strong Japanese accent "Hi, i'm Elizabethu Exucaliburu from Londo".
>>
File: 1423748449461.jpg (685 KB, 1728x1748) Image search: [Google]
1423748449461.jpg
685 KB, 1728x1748
>all the worst things of anime lovers everywhere come together
>3DPD
>CGI
>westerners
Why are you even interested in this?
>>
>>143448260
>Plus her name is really rooted into japanese culture.
Shirow has a thing for japanese swords, hence his pen name, no surprise in why he choose that name. So I don't really thing you could say she is japanese just because of that.
>>
>>143448260
>a japanese girl wearing a union jack shirt that say in strong Japanese accent "Hi, i'm Elizabethu Exucaliburu from Londo".
or Are you my Master?
>>
>>143448253
And how the fuck does that confirm she is foreign? No one contested it so I was expecting something really definite. In any case nothing in that episode is supported by any of the other versions or the source. Even if it stated beyond a shadow of doubt that she was born in burgerland or something that would be only true for SAC.

Fuck off with that nonsense to justify some shit Hollywood casting.
>>
>>143448396
This is like when people wanna turn Hermione Black cause the book don't explicitly state "she is a White girl".
There is no hint in the manga that Motoko is not Japanese. The only thing that can be argued is that she have an apparently standard body to avoid tempting thieves. But that doesn't mean at all is not an asian standard body.
>>
>>143448611
Reminds me of how apparently Voldemort has a silent t and how Android 17 and 18 are named Lapis and Lazuli.
>>
>>143448570
I'm not saying she's not jap, is just that neither you or I can confirm if she is japanese or whatever other nationality you want. Besides she changes bodies so who cares.

btw I think that movie will be shit not just because of the cast, but because everything else. No such a thing as decent can come from a texas cowboy pretending to be japanese
>>
>>143442603
Assuming they actually do the full nudity (I doubt they will), they'll hire a nude body double for Scarlett like they did with Game of Thrones.

Hollywood will never do anime well.
>>
>>143442603
Who's the black guy?
>>
>>143448859
Batou
I jest
>>
>>143442603
no, it will be shit
dont care who happens to end up on set one day
>>
>>143443381
Motoko Kusanagi isn't Japanese.

Right.
>>
>>143443901
>>143443340
keep samefagging
>>
>>143444135
Pretty sure they are not going to cast a better actress. Scarjo sells tickets and you like or not anon, movie business is in the end that business. Money talks
>>
>>143443530
this

Why does Hollywood need to keep remaking movies. Just stop.
>>
>>143449997
She isn't. Literally that's her japanese name for her new identity.

It's lije saying Ryo saeba from City Hunter is japanese because of hia fake name, the man is probably american or central american according to his past of fighting on conflicts at a young age on central america and later working with the FBI
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.