[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the fuck was his problem ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
what the fuck was his problem ?
>>
>>143413104
Teenage angst
>>
Puberty and the hormone rush that comes with it.
>>
>>143413126

>teenage angst

so it's usual for japanese teenage boys to refuse sex from really horny women ?
>>
File: fooly cooly.png (143 KB, 630x475) Image search: [Google]
fooly cooly.png
143 KB, 630x475
what was his problem ?
>>
>>143413195
>refuse
No one offered him anything
>>
>>143413104
Flictonic Klipple Waver Syndrome
>>
Anime character syndrome
>>
>>143413104
he had a rectangular cock growing out of his forehead
>>
>>143413195
having sex before marriage would bring great dishonor to their families
>>
>>143413104
literally the entire show is about puberty

you're telling me you never did stupid shit during puberty?
>>
Puberty
>>
So what the fuck will seasons 2 and 3 be about?

Naota's existential crisis?
>>
>>143414881
either completely and utterly unrelated to the first series or some kind of prequel/sequel following Haruko in her chase of her weird spaceship boyfriend.

It'll be shit anyways
>>
>>143414881
Adult Swim describes the new seasons' story:

In the new season of FLCL, many years have passed since Naota and Haruhara Haruko shared their adventure together. Meanwhile, the war between the two entities known as Medical Mechanica and Fraternity rages across the galaxy. Enter Hidomi, a young teenaged girl who believes there is nothing amazing to expect from her average life, until one day when a new teacher named Haruko arrives at her school. Soon enough, Medical Mechanica is attacking her town and Hidomi discovers a secret within her that could save everyone, a secret that only Haruko can unlock.

But why did Haruko return to Earth? What happened to her Rickenbacker 4001 she left with Naota? And where did the human-type robot ‘Canti’ go?
>>
>>143415026
Huh, I thought it'd be a girl this time. Looks like they're going with puberty all over again from a different angle then.
>>
File: 3tq.jpg (51 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
3tq.jpg
51 KB, 500x625
>>143415026
Why is this happening?
>>
>>143415078
it might not be bad
>>
>>143413276
He was a robot missing a core component.
>>
>>143415128
Well, yes. It might be wonderful.

But there's a higher chance it will be mediocre, or plain bad. And it will hurt worse than most mediocre or bad sequels because the original series was so good.
>>
>>143415186
Well it has Adult Swim bankrolling it which means.... something, I hope? They've been pretty good these past few years.
>>
>>143415128
>old gainax not the one making it
>a sequel to an experimental art-house animation
Yeah, it's gonna be pretty bad
>>
>>143413104
He was a functional Shinji put in a good show.
What's not to like?
>>
>>143415026
Heh, might be fun if they do the puberty schtick again, but from a girl's perspective.
>>
>>143415212
Adult Swim isn't exactly one to stick with straight and boring programming, I don't think they have a problem going out on a risk making a worthy sequel to FLCL in weirdness. I'm expecting the whole puberty thing again but probably with a whole lot more flower and vagina symbolism or something, a different perspective on the same theme from the first series.
>>
>>143415243
>Eva is bad meme
One would think that after 20 years of relevance and not a single valid point of criticism being made as to why it's supposed to be bad people would give up. But it is true that the cure for retardation hasn't been found yet.

>>143415315
I kinda doubt IG can make the kind of cheese with substance only gainax could pull off well. But even if they are somewhat successful it will never live up to the original since there is nothing they can improve upon. It's just going to be a weaker version nobody is going to happy with.
>>
>>143415026
>Enter Hidomi, a young teenaged girl who believes there is nothing amazing to expect from her average life, until one day when a new teacher named Haruko arrives at her school
Hey, this doesn't sound so bad. This might turn out good.
>>
>>143415754
>and not a single valid point of criticism being made
There have been tons of valid points of criticism, you just chose to ignore them.
>>
>>143415066
You can't have a girl puberty metaphor like that, it would be like ooze monsters coming out of her blood or something.
>>
>>143415754
>It's just going to be a weaker version nobody is going to happy with.
It's not the same thing though. They'll be approaching the same theme of puberty from a entirely different perspective. Which gives them a whole lot to work with to make this series distinct from the original while retaining what made it great.
>>
>>143414822
I'm only 19 and I don't remember puberty anymore
>>
>>143415970
You're still going through puberty at 19 years old
>>
>>143415970

I know how that feels. Whenever I don't actively think about something it slowly leaves my memory, so most of my childhood and adolescence is lost to me.
>>
>>143415873
Forehead eye instead of forehead lump?
>>
>>143415849
>2deep4me
>it's pretentious
>shinji is a pussy
>valid criticism
NGE is not a flawless show but there is nothing about it that would justify it being called bad.

>>143415951
I'm not quite sure what kind of different perspective you mean since there are two girls that somewhat mature in the show already and FLCL is kind of ambiguous in saying how one comes of age. And there is always the question of why even tie in a project to an already existing franchise if you could make something amazing on it's own and take all the credit for it.
>>
>>143416170
Pretty much. Gotta make way for all that anime
>>
>>143415873
Kill la Kill already did it
>>
mostly i'm just nervous they'll fuck up haruko's character
>>
>>143413104
Bitches
>>
>>143413104
Low self-esteem, stressful nature, tried to grow up too fast. Also got hit on a lot by people he didn't like much
>>
File: 50244116_p2.jpg (340 KB, 689x900) Image search: [Google]
50244116_p2.jpg
340 KB, 689x900
Naota helped me realize I was a shotacon
>>
>>143415970
fucking lol
>>
>>143416981
Pretty much every girl in the show cemented the fact that femdom is my thing.
>>
File: amarao.jpg (34 KB, 468x351) Image search: [Google]
amarao.jpg
34 KB, 468x351
What on Earth was his damn problem?
>>
>>143418822
His tiny dick obviously.
>>
>>143418822
He gave into the roving /ss/ pirate that had visited him in his youth and had his heart broken while also being caught up in the truth about the conspiracies and stuff?

In that sense, nothing on Earth was his problem. His waifu left and a whole bunch of offworlders want to stir up trouble.
>>
>>143413195
He was only teased. It's the worst kind of torture.
>>
>>143418822
Being a manchild.
>>
File: latest-1.jpg (56 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.jpg
56 KB, 704x480
>>143413104
He was a cuck.
All he did was lust after his brother's used goods, being constantly rejected on top of it.
And every single time he accomplished something before the last episode he was just crying like a bitch askinh his brother to help and borrowing Atomsk's power.
>>
>a sexy alien housekeeper will never help you swing the bat
>>
>>143415026
Is the writer the same?
I imagine Tsurumaki won't be on board since Anno is keeping him hostage with the shitty Rebuilds.
>>
>>143419524
>All he did was lust after his brother's used goods
When exactly? Naota never really showed anything but pity towards Mamimi.
>>
>>143418822
Emotionally stunted manchild.
>>
>>143419598
Rewatch episode 5.
>>
>>143418822
he was too much a patriot and hero of humanity.
>>
>>143419524
13 year olds aren't meant to be jaded and experienced.

You wouldn't expect a 13 year old kid to know from teh beginning that a girl like mamimi is bad news.

in episode 5 he told her to fuck off and stop being such a little cocktease, leading him on in order to use him as an imperfect substitute for his brother.

That is 100% uncucked.

Were you as uncucked as naoto when you were that age?
I doubt it.
>>
>>143419754
He said that, but then he tried to prove her she could protect her like his bro did, only to reveal that he was actually doing nothing and it was Canti/Atomsk that defeated all the robots.
>>
If they get Trigger to make/animate this project, would you be more likely to watch it?
>>
>>143419897
Luluco already had a bunch of nods to FLCL.
>>
>>143419897
I trust I.G more than Trigger desu. They're more likely to make something that can stand on it's own.
>>
>>143419929
Unless you mean in general being about kids being in love, I didn't notice any.
>>
>>143420009
Space Patrol
Space Pirates
Morphing into guns with sexual innuendos
>>
>>143420106
Wow, I guess I was too busy looking for small easter eggs that I didn't see the obvious stuff.
>>
>>143418822
Couldn't get over some chick from when he was like 10 years old.
>>
>>143419830
He still takes that power for himself in the very next episode and uses it to get to first base.
>>
>>143413195
Do you remember what happened when he tried to kiss Mamimi in episode 5. She rejected him.
She was never interested in him. She was just teasing him. Same with Raharu: Her only interest was Atomsk. Everything else was just teasing.
>>
>>143420272
Ninamori truly was the only real choice for him.
>>
>>143420411
But he can't marry her anymore after everyone in their class saw her vagina.
>>
>>143420272
It was just teasing because he never did anything to advance a situation or relationship until the very end. That's why she dropped him, because he hadn't built up enough points to enter the space pirate's lover route. But that other girl stuck around and was even swinging the bat at him in the end, so he'll move on into the future with other opportunities.

I will say that I always read his character as having more or less seen through Mamimi from the start but still being slightly interested in her because the circumstances made her pseudo-affection a low hanging fruit. She was using him as a crutch, and he went with it for fun and as his own crutch, but the high level teasing of a space pirate crippled him beyond what could be dealt with by a mere crutch.

It's all just stages of first love moving toward self-actualization. The one that's a mistake, the one that becomes a miss due to hesitation, and the steady possibility of success in the everyday.
>>
>>143413104
Being a child that despises adults but at the same time wants to be more adult, hormones, and the feeling of betrayal he got from his brother leaving, mainly.
>>
>>143419987
When has I.G ever done a wacky show well? All they can do well are stories that lend themselves to emotionless robotic characters.
>>
>>143415970
>tfw Just turned 25 a little less than a month ago.

When I was your age I just discovered I could actually stream anime. Fuck I'm old.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 736x515) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 736x515
>>143421676
There's Azazel-san, but I take your point. At the same time I could see Trigger flubbing the more serious, meaningful moments whcihc is what I liked most about FLCL anyway.
>>
>>143422221
>At the same time I could see Trigger flubbing the more serious, meaningful moments whcihc is what I liked most about FLCL anyway.
That's another thing, IG isn't great at emotionally resonating moments either. IG is better than trigger but nowhere near old gainax.
>>
Bring back Enokido.
>>
Wanted to be seen as an adult, wasn't an adult.
>>
>>143415315
It doesn't matter if it's le weird and wacky, it has no reason to be called flcl. flcl is a complete story.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.