[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Re:Zero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
If Subaru really wanted to be a knight, why didn't he pay attention to how actual knights like Reinhard and Al behave?

For example, respecting and obeying the wishes of person they claim to serve would be a good start.
>>
>>143390974
Because he is a fucking moron who can't even pretend to be somewhat noble and well behaved for 10 minutes.
>>
>>143390974
He did the whole thing with the bowing before the elders and whatnot. That's knight-y, right?
>>
>>143390974
Because Reinhardt gives a shit about Felts wishes, am I right?
>>
>>143391360
No, that was some dumb yakuza shit which he was retarded for trying because it wouldn't have made sense in any context.
>>
Why didn't he just kill himself to reset after that embarrassment?
>>
>>143390974
By our world definition Subaru is already knight.
By their world definition he isn't.

World Dissonance is weird.

Wait. Is Subaru able to tell fucking people he's from another world where fantasy doesn't exist worth a damn and he can show off his cell phone as advance technology/proof?
>>
File: Justice.webm (377 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Justice.webm
377 KB, 1280x720
>>143391446
>Resets to Julius beating the shit out of him.
>>
>>143391584
I meant as soon as he was thrown out of the throne room.
>>
>>143391583
>By our world definition Subaru is already knight.
Who knighted him? He certainly doesn't live up to the standards of a proper medieval knight either.

If he's any kind of knight, he's a figurative one. Like a white knight.
>>
File: 1358648561385.png (71 KB, 195x192) Image search: [Google]
1358648561385.png
71 KB, 195x192
This episode has proven just how much of a fucking scumbag Subaru is. It's honestly revolting. how fucking wicked and distorted his worldviews are. Emilia didn't ask for him to kill himself billions of times for her, she didn't ask for anything, but he still went ahead, dead set on her like a tiger stalking their prey. All he really wants to do is get "muh hot elf girl" and feel like a badass hero. He doesn't care about the well-being of anyone else. Emilia is just an object to him, as is Rem.

No, his "selfless" nature is just self-masturbatory selfishness in disguise, further worsened by his entitlement to any sort of gratitude from the people he "saves," as if they owed him anything in return. It's like this with all "nice" people. In a way, nice people are the biggest scum of all, since they hide their true feelings under a facade of friendliness coupled with a very subtle holier-than-thou attitude, as if they're doing the world a duty by bending over and doing "good deeds" for the world that quickly become really annoying. Hell, sometimes I have more respect for actual criminals than so-called "nice" people since they don't deny and hide their true intentions. They're the most valiant people of all, in a sense. I get the idea that most people here are slightly sympathetic towards Subaru because they see a small part of themselves in him.

They just fail to see how narrow-sighted and vapid he really is. As for Julius, he's been the most honorable male on the show, so far, right in front of Reinhardt. I'd go as far as to say that Subaru is only slightly above the Witch Cult members, but then again, I haven't spoiled myself as to what their motives are, or what they do. But anyway, Subaru has deserved everything that has happened to him, so far.

I can definitely see where the "Dark Lord" predictions are coming from. He's definitely morally bankrupt enough to be an evil tyrant, already.
>>
>>143391385
>Because Reinhardt gives a shit about Felts wishes, am I right?
Well, since she wants to BURN IT DOWN and he's decided to support her in doing so, I'd say yes.
>>
>>143391687
I think you're laying the hyperbole on a bit too thick, but I don't entirely disagree with your bait.
>>
Konosuba and Re:zero are in the same Universe

Subaru is the Demon Lord
>>
>>143391687
Subaru is pretty much /r9k/.
>>
>>143391687
I entirely disagree. Emilia is the good for nothing whore. Nobody asked him to do what he did but Emilia would be pushing up daisies in the dirt if it wasn't for him. Once you save a life they owe you their life.
>>
>>143391446
For all he knows, his checkpoint is way, way back, before the Dog fight and everything. If he did, he risks losing all his progress, completely.
>>
>>143391687
Subaru is basically one step removed from being an unironic frogposter.
>>
>>143391817
I want /r9k/ to leave
>>
>>143391817
>Once you save a life they owe you their life.
That's not the attitude of a true hero. That's the attitude of someone who wants to be a hero because they think it's all fun and games where they'll be richly rewarded for their efforts.
>>
>>143391817
>Once you save a life they owe you their life.
This is such a disgusting attitude. If I didn't ask for it, fuck off.

>>143391877
>>143391779
Pretty apt, honestly.
>>
>>143391896
Why would you want to be a hero for free? Subaru isn't stupid like you.

>>143391885
I want chads and roasties to leave
>>
>>143391877
Considering how he used to be a NEET, and obviously envious of romantic relationships, what are the chances that he more or less was?
>>
>>143391945
This man is correct.
>>
>>143391687
>be 14
>do everything for girl
>she gets mad
>can't figure out why she's mad
Emilia is just smarter than he is, I like how the author tried to pass it off as a Return by Death thing when its really just subaru being dumb like always.
This is just the first time his dumb got him in emotional problems.
>>
>>143391945
If you're not doing it selflessly you're no hero
>>
>>143391945
>Why would you want to be a hero for free? Subaru isn't stupid like you.
Emilia agreed. She said she'll pay the debt but then she's out anon, whats hard to understand?
He got mad at her for trying to help him and completely ignored everything she had to say.
>>
is subaru in the top 10 most despicable MCs? i can't think of any other MCs as selfish as him aside from Makoto from school days.

then again, Makoto never hid anything from his love interests, and he was ultimately honest with everyone, which makes him a bit better than Subaru, i feel.
>>
>>143391583
>By our world definition Subaru is already knight.
Knight=/=whiteknight

If Subaru reads so much fantasy fiction shouldn't he have even a basic conception of the idea of chivalry?
>>
>>143391687
its a give and take world. his intentions so far haven't been as warped as you state they are but you would think that from the recent episode ending. you need to remember that subaru is very instinct driven and doesnt put too much after thought into anything. he was probably panicked and flipped out and looked for an easy relief of stress/emotion which ended up saying some shit he didnt REALLY mean.
>>
>>143392016
Real heroes doesn't exist. People always do things heroic for a reason that benefits them or the things they believe in.
>>
>>143392021
She should take off her clothes and fuck him though.
>>
>>143392066
This. Anyone claiming to be a hero is simply a delusional parasite.
>>
>>143392024
Kazuma was worse. He had a goddess sleep in a stable.
>>
>>143391646
Subaru has all the requirements of a Knight:

1. Duty to Countrymen. A knight must have mercy, courage, protect the weak and poor, the knight must be in servant-hood to their lord. Also the willingness to give one's life for another whether poor man or his lord.

2. Duty to God. Being faithful to the church, protecting the innocent, and being a champion of good against evil.

3. Duty to Women. The knight is to serve a lady, and after her all other ladies and be courtly.

Being, Knighted is honorary thing in our world because Knights are fucking useless as hell now.
>>
>>143392066
Yes, but a hero is a person who does good deeds because the doing of those deeds gratifies them, not a person who does good deeds expecting recompense from others.
>>
All and any of you would also believe you are the protagonist if you were taken into that world. However everything points to the fact that satella wants him to turn evil.
>>
>>143391960
>14
He said in the first few episodes he's almost 18
>>
>>143392062
>he didnt REALLY mean.
He meant it, he just didn't mean to say it.
>>
>>143392088
You say that jokingly, but there are people in this thread that seriously think that if you save a girl's life several times and die for her, then you are entitled to sex with that girl.

Remember where you are.

>>143392113
Knights have always been opportunistic and questionable.
>>
>>143392104
That goddess is shit though.
>>
>>143392066
And thats exactly why subaru shouldn't have tried pretending he's one
>>
>>143391960
Subaru has 18
>>
>>143392132
I really hope he turns evil. It's my favorite trope when the MC changes side, not due to brainwashing but due to a change of heart or just being convinced that it's the right way to walk.
>>
>>143392136
this.

it's his true self coming out. Emilia saw a glimpse of just how evil he really is
>>
>>143392171
18 what?
>>
>>143392115
Yeah that's the exact reason Subaru saved the villager kids. I bet a chad like you wouldn't do that though.
>>
>>143392104
I would make that bitch sleep in the stable even after we got the mansion
>>
>>143392232
Chad like to think he is a good warm person but he is the coldest of them all.
>>
>>143391687
Not sure if you are fully serious but I wouldn't go that quite far.

Honestly, until this arc, he's been fairly reasonable since he's been dealing with events that kill him without his input so he needed to be audacious.

It's just that saving Rem seems to have gone to his head and he's gained some sort of ridiculous ego thinking he's some sort of hero everyone relies on him without realising that he's still completely out of his depth and that acting this way is effectively treating Emilia like she's completely incompetant (when she's actually far more competant than him).

He also seems to be acting as if his actions have little consequence because he can reset like before, without understanding how the reset works, the risk behind it or truly acknowleding that resetting probably means a painful death.

I'm tempted to call it plot induced stupidity but I can actually see how someone might act this way after his last few weeks have played like routes straight out of a VN.
>>
>>143392113
thats right, put a fedora on him and teach him fifteen variations of m'lady and you'd have the ideal memelord.
>>
>>143392232
No, he saved the kids to improve his standing with Emilia and the maids, and to manipulate the villagers into saying how great Subaru is so Emilia and the maids would trust him, so he could become closer with his object of obsession. Classic sociopathic behavior and tactics.
>>
>>143392113
>A knight must have mercy
Fails because he sure showed no mercy to those roving thugs
>protect the weak and poor
Fails because he ain't protected shit, he's always had to be rescued at the last minute whether by Reinhard, or maids, or Roswell.
>the knight must be in servant-hood to their lord.
Fails because he is blatantly disregarding his "lord"'s wishes and best interests and instead doing whatever the fuck he wants because of muh pride
>Also the willingness to give one's life for another whether poor man or his lord.
Disqualified because he has unlimited lives

>Being faithful to the church
He's Japanese. He serves no god.
>protecting the innocent
See above regarding what he has protected
>and being a champion of good against evil.
He doesn't fight for abstract concepts like good and evil, he's just a whiteknight.

>The knight is to serve a lady, and after her all other ladies and be courtly.
Well he sure wasn't courtly.
>>
>>143392232
There's nothing heroic in his motives for helping people
>>
>>143392147
I was joking. However for the past hundred millennia men have been entitled to sex whenever they saved a girl because she was a girl. And girls were gracious enough to give it to them. These days girls are bitches even in fantasy worlds.
>>
>>143392136
maybe now that i think back in retrospect.
>>
>>143392304
No, classic natural instincts. If you do something that doesn't give you anything then you are just a fucking moron.
>>
>>143391960
He's like 18 though
>>
>everyone ITT calling Sub evil and manipulative
What the fuck? Where is this coming from? He's just retarded.
>>
To you and all of the other autistic faggots in this thread.

Claiming you are a knight when you are not actually a knight is not just some minor trifling thing-- it is an insult and even a crime. Why is this, you might ask? For the same reason that impersonating a police officer is a crime. Being a knight is not just an empty title, it is a social position with privileges, rights, and powers. It means that you are an agent and representative of the throne or a candidate for the throne. Your actions are their actions and should you wrong someone, that wrong is shared between you and the person you represent. It also likely means that you have sworn yourself to certain standards of conduct.

More importantly, it also means that when crimes are occurring, when monsters are attacking, when a cult of violent magic-empowered sadists decide to invade-- knights are the people that respond to this and who you should go to for help. The thing you do not seem to understand is that in this world, those things really do happen. There really is an army of vicious, horrible, and extremely powerful people ready to commit these acts. And knights are the ones called to deal with them.

Being a knight is not an empty title, but a title you use to explain that you have certain capabilities. In this regard, it is also like another crime we have-- impersonating a doctor. When you say I am a knight, that means "I am ready and able to handle these situations". Imagine if someone came to Subaru expecting him to fight terrifying monsters? He had to be protected by Rem and Ram the whole time from just low level trash monsters. He completely cannot do what he is saying he is able to do.

So, for these knights, who spent their entire lives preparing for and engaging in this line of work-- it is an enormous fucking insult. Not only that, it is also a possibly criminal act.
>>
>>143392210
Years
>>
>>143392319
Heroism is a meme. People just come up with their heroic reasons for doing something after it has already been done.
>>
>>143392338
Right, which is why truly heroic people don't exist.
>>
>>143391960
Yeah now I understand why these threads are suddenly so obnoxious today compared to yesterday. You all heard of a meme anime with a meme r9k episode, watched said episode and came to throw your hooks for the fishes.
>>
>>143392390
Subaru's only experience with knights is playing videogames, where knights are scrub NPCs that job to orcs while the protagonist does all the heavy lifting.
>>
>>143392394
Exactly. Altruism is brain damage.

>>143392390
I hope he becomes a black knight and slaughters them all.
>>
>>143392390
This man speaks the truth. They had every right to slaughter that vile fuck, but Julius had pity for him. He's been the most generous character of all, really.
>>
>>143392338
>being a hero is moronic
Stop the presses
>>
>>143392391
How can someone have years?
>>
>>143392304
Yeah but remember the reason for all this? He has to go through things repeatedly to get them right.
I saw someone mention earlier about him being like a /r9k/, but aren't these the things that make people go into a robot-like emotion state? All the despair and death he's gone through is breaking him.
I feel at this point subaru is becoming something he cant control, because he feels he HAS to do the right thing in order to keep people alive.

He reminds me of a factory worker who is always angry about having to fix something at work. They know they have to do it, but they've gone through it many times they're just sick of all the problems it causes.
>>
>>143392390
Subaru is a white knight though. They defend maidens selflessly against cis white males.
>>
I forgot to ask, how are the sales rankings now?
>>
all kind people should be gutted like the livestock they are
>>
>>143392462
He's gonna pull a school shooting in the last episode. I sure hope he does.
>>
>real heroes do selfless heroic things for the sake of others

Wrong.

"Real" heroes do something for their own gain, then they make up a believable "good guy"-story of why they did it to appear more heroic.
>>
>>143392325
What are you talking about? Before tbe modern era, the vast majority of women were married at a very young age. If you saved a woman, you took her home to her husband, especially if you were a knight.
>>
>>143392513
If only they had guns in that time period. I would just keep a glock on me at all times so I could just blow my brains out whenever and start over.
>>
>>143392513
I really wish there were a /r9k/-tier anime with that as a central theme.
>>
>>143392306
>Fails because he sure showed no mercy to those roving thugs.
You mean the thugs who murdered him and were endangering his life.

>Fails because he ain't protected shit.
He Emilia, Rom, and Felt. Rem and Ram, an entire village's children. The fuck are you talking about? And he had to repeat this shit multitple times to get it right.

>Fails because he is blatantly disregarding his lord's wishes.
There has been a lot of knights who disregarded their lords wishes and done shit on their own. I bet you haven't even heard of Lancelot and Mordred.

>Disqualified
Just because you can respawn doesn't mean that death of yours wasn't worth anything faggot.

>He's Japanese. He serves no god.
Nigga what the fuck is Shinto to you? Japanese have fucking gods you ass.

>Protecting the innocent.
Rom, Emilia, Rem, and Felt aren't innocent?

>He doesn't fight for abstract concepts like good and evil.
Fighting, Elise surely wasn't a good thing huh?

>Well he sure wasn't courtly.
Subaru is willing to betray the entire world for Emilia and more if she ask of him. He's beyond courtly.

Get over this shit of yours man.
>>
What is this face trying to convey?
>>
>>143392046
You could argue that he's just socially inept and takes himself too seriously as you might expect from a NEET, but he's so inconsistently even that that it doesn't really work.
>>
>>143392507
How are kind people suddenly bad? What the fuck is this? What the fuckkk?
>>
>>143392520
t.Nice Guy
>>
>>143392393
On that we agree
What he wants is to be entitled of her affection by grinding good guy points
>>
>>143392595
t.alleyway mugger/mercenary
>>
>>143392526
All this is kinda of irrelevant as we are dealing with an entirely alternate universe. Who knows what kinds of history, traditions, and customs they've had. If anything Subaru is in the right for taking the first loop to do something drastic to see how people would respond. It would help him later on.
>>
>>143390974
he's a video gamer.. he doesn't understand simple things like relationships or jobs
>>
>>143392193
"Evil" is going too far, but we do see that he's kind of ugly on the inside. He's weak and his moral character is weak, and his determination doesn't quite make up for it. Put him under pressure, and he and his supposed ideals will break.
>>
>>143392595
I'm not nice at all. I just see through the retarded meme of heroism and realize that true altruistic people are very rare to the point of it being considered a brain damage.

>>143392602
Yes.
>>
Reminder: Being a Knight doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>143392570
>Lancelot and Mordred.
The guy who fucked his lord's wife in disgrace and the guy who started a bloody revolt that fucked everything up?

>what the fuck is Shinto to you?
Meme fanfic based on old pagan legends, created by the Imperial Japanese government after the Meiji restoration as a means of controlling the populace by teaching the Emperor's divinity as historical fact.
>>
File: 025.png (495 KB, 987x1400) Image search: [Google]
025.png
495 KB, 987x1400
Why is subaru such a fag?
>>
>>143392658
Why is Emilia such a hag?
>>
is him being so drawn to Emilia an effect of the curse he has? if not, he's really just a fucking loser.
>>
>>143392647
>dedicating your life to honing your craft so you can protect others means nothing

okay
>>
>>143392653
>Meme fanfic based on old pagan legends, created by the Imperial Japanese government after the Meiji restoration as a means of controlling the populace by teaching the Emperor's divinity as historical fact.
Tumblr/leftypol please leave.
>>
>>143392670
SHE NEEDS A DICK IN HER ELF PUSSY
>>
>>143392390
Re.Zero is just fiction though
>>
>>143392436
Who that retard white knight, Subaru? You want him to slaughter an entire group of actually capable people, that incompetent faggot whose only accomplishment is dying over and over, and even then he takes about twice as long as the average person to figure things out because he's dumb? You think that little cowardly shit can take on a group of people who have trained all their lives? You are probably correct because that piece of shit is the MC and he gets plot benefits, but I sure as fuck hope he stays an incompetent piece of shit who suffers horribly because that's what he deserves.
>>
>>143392526
And you think that makes sense?
Would you willingly offer your ass if a faggot saved your life?
>>
>>143392647
Why, anon? Elaborate.
>>
Subaru was already "thanked."

And what did he request? To become a butler.
>>
>>143392707
Wouldn't a lefty be preaching tolerance and respect of Shintoism as a part of Japanese culture?
>>
Subaru reminds me of those men that take advantage of lonely and innocent girls. I really hope he has a bad end. I'm really hating how two-sided he is.
>>
Why was everyone in this event allowed to keep up rambling about different things that didn't have to do with the faculties of the candidates for Queen? The purple guys at the front didn't even try to stop all the bullshit that was going on in the room
>>
>>143392722
Hopefully he gets taken in and trained by the ones following the witch. Then return a few years later and completely destroys the kingdom and usher in a new era of darkness.

Fuck all those shiny knights and their little princess election.
>>
>>143390974
All he has to do is do what tom cruise did. Train for a day, sudoku, repeat, until he's more powerful than all the knights.
>>
>>143392722
Girls should go back to facebook or tumblr or instagram. I don't want to see your kind here again. The title of Anonymous isn't for just about anyone. We earned that title.
>>
>>143392747
Yes, to become closer to Emilia. He also asked to know Emilia's name.

It's easy to see what he thinks is the real reward he deserves for his actions.
>>
>>143392729
Notice how that /r9k/ faggot said nothing. Proves this guy right. I'd be very suspicious of a guy that saved my life for no reason, myself.
>>
>>143392778
It's a test. They're leaving candidates the freedom to say whatever they want so as to better understand their motives. It'll all become clearer later.
>>
No sane action is truely selfless. But that doesn't mean it can't be heroic.

However, pretending to be heroic and then bemoaning that you didn't get the reward you felt 'entitled' to is morally worse than not helping at all.
>>
>>143392773
Fuck off tumblr
>>
>>143392729
No. I'm arguing against the anon above me, he's completely wrong.
>>
File: okajfsbahisfbahis.png (247 KB, 295x637) Image search: [Google]
okajfsbahisfbahis.png
247 KB, 295x637
>>143392729

Only if it was this faggot!
>>
>>143392513
>I am 18 years old and still a virgin. I've only felt bleak, sad loneliness.

The day of retribution is coming. I will slaughter every single spoiled stuck up princess.

How can Emilia-tan not like me. I am the nicest guy around. A supreme gentleman.
>>
>>143392778
That's what happens when there is no one person who is clearly in charge of deciding who gets to speak and who doesn't.
>>
>>143390974

Why doesn't this faggot just train to git gud instead of spending all of his time being such a beta faggot for Emilia?
>>
>>143392729
Not him, but if I was a cute girl and he was pretty hot and hard working guy. Maybe?

If only I was a cute girl.
>>
>>143392848
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFfA04JyPEY

Please let it happen.
>>
>>143392843
Boys do not dress like that what a fucking faggot
>>
>>143392773
Still I'm glad he's the MC
I was getting real tired of MCs that are nice for the sake of being nice
As disgusting as he is, it feels closer to how a human being would act in his position
>>
>>143392824
Subaru's MC flag must be obvious to everyone, or else his delusions of relevancy would've gottenhim blackballed by now.
>>
Are people unironically calling the kind and gentle comedian Subaru, shitty scum of the earth? Really?
>>
>>143392833
But he's right. All the behavior that Subaru has shown is reminiscent of people like Ted Bundy. He's acting exactly like a goddamn serial killer. He's scum, he's trash, he's filth. He's a killer just waiting to freak out and slaughter everyone.

The only people that sympatheize with him are /r9kers/ or """"nice guys""""" like you. Return by Death is his divine punishment for being such a despicable human being.
>>
>>143392390
Yeah, I imagine subaru equates knights too closely to actual real life knights, who were pretty much military resources for a ruler, where honor is pretty much optional.

Subaru too often makes the mistake of not knowing what the fuck he's getting into and not doing basic research into this new world he's in, he relies too much on preconceived notions.
>>
>>143392909
I agee. I just hope he goes full black knight now and fuck up their entire election under the banner of the jealous witch.
>>
I really want to know how can anyone think that Subaru is a good MC, he's stupid beyond reason, he's cringe, he loves emilia because reasons. I cant stand this Emilia-tan, you are the best, you are the reason of my life thing. If he was just normal this anime would be soo much better.
>>
>>143392926
I want /r9k/ to leave.
>>
>>143390974
Priscilla & Al are best team.
>>
>>143392886
Then we wouldn't have a cringy plot.
This guy isn't kirito. He doesn't grind and he gives a shit about girls. Kirito just worked hard for 3 years and never even fapped before fucking asuna
>>
>>143391385
Since Felt wants to destroy the world and reinhard could easily solo the world, yes.
>>
File: lolishirt.png (305 KB, 1149x538) Image search: [Google]
lolishirt.png
305 KB, 1149x538
>>143392462
As some anon said some time ago...
Subaru experiences are fucking him up so bad, and he does so much for others that he is starting to feel they owe him something, but everyone else just see a clumsy and weird idiot they know very little about.
And when he does all of that fucking things up in the royal race, of course he's going to be casted out.
Which is exactly how people should react to this behaviour.
>>
>>143392909
>it feels closer to how a human being would act in his position
While there are plenty of depictions of how autists idealize how they would act and be treated, calling any of the behaviour in this show realistic is completely insane.
>>
>>143392932
What if Subaru explained to everyone what a Knight in his world is like, and a Knight in their world is like?

Would the situation come out better for him?
>>
>>143392926
He isn't "evil" like so many are claiming, but he is a bit selfish.
>>
>>143392927
>The only people that sympatheize with him are /r9kers/ or """"nice guys""""" like you.
>/r9kers/ or """"nice guys""""" like you.
No, I'm the former. Subaru did nothing wrong.

>>143392963
I want pretty flashy knights with their pretty heroism to leave.
>>
>>143391687

Reminds me of the social justice warriors. They are always speaking for the dindoos and treating them like they're children or their pets to satisfy them selves.
>>
>>143392588
this show practically channels /r9k/, don't be surprised if you see edgy shit like that here
>>
File: 654499_5521861.jpg (57 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
654499_5521861.jpg
57 KB, 540x540
>this entire thread
>>
>>143392926
Subaru is just like Elliot Rodger and Adolf Hitler. He did nothing wrong yet the normalfags hate him because they can't understand him.
>>
>>143390974
Isn't Julius a knight of Lugnica? Why is he following Anastasia? I mean, she's a foreigner and all. Did he serve a foreign merchant before the selection? That'd be weird.
>>
>>143392898
>the true alpha male
>the ultimate gentleman
Subaru fits his character perfectly
>>
>>143392994
He would just look even more suspicious even mentioning he was from another world. He already has the witches scent. Also, I dont think the witch would even allow him to say something like that, as every time he tries he gets paralyzed for a bit.
>>
>>143392954
If he was normal then he wouldn't have a reason to fall into darkness and jealousy and become the big bad knight of the witch.
>>
>>143392993
And thats why I said 'closer'
>>
>>143393037
They're all princesses you faggot. Even that loli slut Felt
>>
>>143392926
Yes, he is literal scum.
>>
>>143392994
It'd probably only make people more suspicious of him when they ask which land in particular he's from, and when he can't answer properly, they'll think he's nuts, making excuses, or hiding something nasty.

Him and Al are some of the few people "summoned" from other worlds, and since there's no way to provide evidence that they did infact come from another world, it's better to just keep quiet about it since nobody will believe you.
>>
>>143392926
It's just memeing. He's just a bit frustrated, and given his situation, it's pretty fucking reasonable.
>>
>>143393064
Subaru is the MC of the year.
>>
>>143393077
If he was normal we would try to find what is happening with him, why he's cursed, why he was brought to this world, no just Emilia-tan I love you
>>
>>143392994
No. It wouldn't. Knights don't exist IRL so Subaru would be talking out of his ass about what he read on jap Wikipedia
>>
Where can I find the sales/presale rankings?
>>
>>143393147
That's boring and generic as fuck. A good guy MC that just tried to help gets treated like shit by the people he saved, turns jealous and joints the witch in her quest to destroy everything in order to get revenge. Now that's a much better plot. I really hope they go this way with the story.

Subaru did nothing wrong.
>>
>>143392825
Really hope so.

Also, it's so fucking infuriating to see how Emilia was treated just because of her similarities to the Witch even though she's literally the only person that looks like she has good intentions for ruling. If the guys of purple aren't retarded, it actually looks like she's the one who could end up ruling the easiest, followed up by Felt.
>>
File: 1467053095260.png (2 MB, 1018x1842) Image search: [Google]
1467053095260.png
2 MB, 1018x1842
Anyone see a pattern here?
>>
File: 029.jpg (125 KB, 728x1029) Image search: [Google]
029.jpg
125 KB, 728x1029
>>143393074
Well he has a cell phone with him. I mean I'm pretty sure they don't have the technology we have in the slightest, if he flashed it around everybody would be convinced he isn't from their world in the slightest.

Also he talked to Al about it. Subaru is retarded for not trying to clue people in on how he's literally not from their world. Even his old clothes should have tags that read: Made in Japan or some shit which he can most likely only read to them.

Straight up told Priscillia he's from another world.
>>
>>143393207
That's another reason why the pathetic humans should be destroyed by the witch. Let the hatred for this world grow Subaru.
>>
File: 1467025999121.jpg (433 KB, 1365x807) Image search: [Google]
1467025999121.jpg
433 KB, 1365x807
>Going from Sauron to an american chink looking bad actor in a single episode
How the mighty have fallen
>>
File: notevenclose.png (75 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
notevenclose.png
75 KB, 350x200
>>143393137
>>
>>143393234
Why do you find that shit? Been looking forever where to read the manga, and could only find shit about the light novels
>>
>>143393207
>it's so fucking infuriating to see how Emilia was treated just because of her similarities to the Witch even though she's literally the only person that looks like she has good intentions for ruling
Tell me honestly anon, would America elect someone who literally looks like Stalin even if they went around proclaiming that they want to end inequality?
>>
>>143393269
If he goes full /r9k/ then he will be the best MC of all time.
>>
>>143393276
have you tried to bing it?
>>
>>143393207
to be fair all of the options have obvious demerits

which of these five would you chose?

-person who says that the world always works in her favour and that's why she should rule
-person who wants to overturn the foundations of the kingdom and reject the dragon
-person who is just in it for the money
-person who literally looks like fantasy hitler
-person who wants to fuck up the nobility
>>
>>143393207
Their speeches were cut down. The knights were supposed to give their input on why they thought their candidate was a good choice. The greedy girl is a good choice because she'd probably improve the economy and make the kingdom financially successful. She isn't content to just own shit, she wants what she owns to do well.

Emilia, Felt, and Priscilla are the shittiest choices there.
>>
>>143393294
only if Stalin was a cute girl
>>
>>143393207
>Equality
>Good
Pick one

Do you really want retards with down syndrome having the same rights as the smartest scientists?
>>
>>143393351
Emilia is Stalin .
>>
File: 1463349910433.png (3 MB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463349910433.png
3 MB, 1080x1080
>Experience agonizing death several times over in an unknown and hostile world
>The one person who's been unconditionally kind toward you becomes increasingly distant due to her circumstances
>The only time you're ever of use to her is when her life is in danger
>You make an ass of yourself and her in in a desperate attempt to remain relevant in her increasingly grand affairs
>She understandably views your actions as irrational and obsessive due to the nature of your power and erratic behavior

I don't get how you can't at least sympathize with him
He went way too far in declaring himself her knight, but you can at least understand his intent
>>
File: 028.jpg (126 KB, 728x1028) Image search: [Google]
028.jpg
126 KB, 728x1028
>>143393276
Kissmanga.

Seriously, Subaru's fucking cell phone and the fact that it works is a huge plot hole. He could tell people he was summoned and prove it with that alone, and the cell phone should have Japan set as its country/timezone.
>>
>>143393294
>if they went around proclaiming that they want to end inequality?

They wouldn't even need to look like Stalin - they'd just get portayed as a socialist commie pinko by critics and mass media all the same.
>>
>>143391775
Is this a new copy pasta or something?
>>
>>143393384
that would not be sufficient evidence that he's from another world, it would only be enough evidence to show that he has a strange magic item
>>
>>143393207

This scene was fucking stupid. Its sole purpose was to show Emilia was the only one of the candidates with any selfless motivation and paint the other candidates as unforgivably bad rulers with stupid motivations. HEY GUYS ONLY MAIN GIRL HAS ANY MORALS LOL.
>>
File: 1465164099021.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465164099021.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
Normally I don't hate on the "main girl" but something about the half elf is just boring. the maid episodes were interesting, even the gutter rat ruler candidate is lively and entertaining.
>>
>>143393207
>Not a noble
>no wealth
>not even human unlike most (depicted) nobles
>looks like satan (in a medieval setting)
Tell me again it doesn't make perfect sense to treat her like that
>>
>>143393384
No one else can read it. However, they can already tell he's some weird foreigner. One of the break times mentions that he could have actually been killed for being an illegal immigrant.
>>
>>143393384
Al came from the real world too? Why didn't he try to solve the mystery of being summoned here? If he died he would be reset too.
>>
>>143393362
They have the same human rights.
>>
>>143393372
a cute girl who hasn't done any harm could easily win support.
>>
Can someone spoil me if this whole """"unknown hero that no one understand"""" cringy trope ever end?
>>
>>143392365
Same people blaming Machi in Kumamiko threads for the shit she goes through as circumstances and happenings.
>>
>>143393426
She's hot. And she might fuck me if I treat her like a princess.
>>
>>143393324
The militaristic fascist girl who wants to stop begin dependent on the dragon is the only decent ruler. Felt is a good choice too if you just want to fuck shit up.

>>143393373
It just shows that the population of /a/ has changed. Too many normal people with happy lives who can't sympathize for shit with him.

If he falls to jealousy and becomes a black knight that wants revenge then this will be one of the best anime in a very long time.

>>143393422
Her >muh equality is shit. She just showed incompetence. Even (((Anastasia))) was better.
>>
>>143393373
Couldn't have said it better myself.
>>
>>143391775
I would enjoy that crossover. So many waifu
>>
>>143393294
This. Remember all the smear campaigns against Obongo when he was running for president? Even going as far as to point out Hussein being his middle name and implying not so subtly that he had terrorist ties?
People are just that stupid when it comes to politics. No reason to assume there aren't people like that in their world as well.
>>
>>143393432
Subaru's reset is not directly linked to being summoned, pretty sure Al doesn't reset.
>>
>>143393432
he has seen some shit, his face is fucked up and he lost his arm. I think he has been struggling to live this whole time.
>>
>>143393520
Al resets, but in a different way.
>>
File: 56998091_p0.png (2 MB, 1240x1753) Image search: [Google]
56998091_p0.png
2 MB, 1240x1753
first Subaru is a real men
who F say he's not are hypocrite
And go back watch Ep1

He show up in a F up world, which have no idea what will happened and get F kill by punks. The only girl willing to help him even she's in great trouble. (doing the same thing as Subaru try to do right now)

Who the F will not fall in love in such a girl.

And someone said he's evil?
are you guys lost your mind?
Or you can't even read the line?

The only reason keep you being yourself and not breakapart don't trust you anymore and don't want to talk to you anymore.

What the F will happened on you.
You F lost it.

you fight for her, stand for her, dead for her and use your life to be supporter to her.(which she absoulty need)
But you just can't tell the reason, and that break the faith between you two.
who can keep normal on that

Shame on you!!
>>
Why doesn't Subaru just go for the oni twins? There are two of them and they already are into him. He's had more interaction with red and blue than with Emilia in all of this lives put together.
>>
>>143393432
>If he died he would be reset too.
No bad stars.
>>
>>143392909
No one in their right mind would act like he did.

I can sympathize with him going against her wishes and going to the castle, but that's as far as any normal minded person would go. Once there, he should have realized his place and kept his mouth shut. Instead, he opens his mouth and starts babbling some cringey shit to a council, claims he's a knight despite having ZERO fighting ability to back that up, and insults all the knights.
>>
>>143393384
If I remember correctly the hand didn't show up when he was talking about being from another world, only when he tried talking about being dying and coming back.
>>
>>143393551
You can say fuck here.
But yes, you are right. He did nothing wrong.
>>
>>143393487
It helps that both Authors of the each series are best buddies with each other. It's only a matter of time
>>
>>143393551
Nice shitpost, tumblr.
>>
>>143393542
[spoilers]Can you provide more details?[/spoilers]
>>
I actually like subaru, so I'll still have faith in him. There's nothing wrong with helping the people you like because it makes you happy. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he basically has PTSD from dying so much so the people around him can't really understand how he feels or his mental state.
He ain't a bad guy. I think he just said some shit he didn't mean completely because he was backed into a corner. All he wanted was to help Emilia because he likes her.
>>
>>143393552
Nigga, only one of them likes him and this is AFTER being killed by her several times. The other one would have done it too if he didn't an hero.
>>
>>143393458
This is bullshit. If mankind wanted to improve then they should simply exterminate everyone with a heritable disease like lactose intolerance.
>>
File: 023.jpg (161 KB, 728x1029) Image search: [Google]
023.jpg
161 KB, 728x1029
>>143393430
>>143393420
>He has technology only he can read and use.
That should be enough proof. Subaru can also teach them how to read and write Japanese if he wanted to.

Teach Japanese to fucking Reinhardt who could pick it up instantly, and then use the cell phone to confirm his story.
>>
>>143393635
>tfw no eugenics program
>>
>>143393635
fuck off Goldenbaum
>>
>>143393601
http://pastebin.com/R8KpGq38
>>
>>143393432
Unlike Subaru, Al was smart enough to survive when he got summoned.
>>
>>143393373
I can't sympathize with him precisely because he made an ass of himself .He could have remained relevant in her affairs without butting in and making an embarrassment out of both of them.
>>
>>143393551
You are cute. Enjoy your stay. And you're right. Trolls are hating Subaru
>>
>>143392710
Does dick always solve anything? "Through dick, unity" at its finest?
>>
>>143393709
Nothing can beat the dick man.
>>
>>143393635
It's all fun and games until you're the target of the exterminations isn't it? You wouldn't feel too happy if you were born with freckles and so everyone with freckles was exterminated would you? You wouldn't give a shit about improving man kind you would want to live.
>>
>>143393683
Al's died multiple times in a single day before.
>>
>>143393740
>implying anyone of us are satisfied with this shitty life
It would've been more merciful to kill us early.
>>
>>143393373
>increasingly distant
She was just going to be gone for the day. She might have been back by as early as dinnertime, or maybe even earlier than that. That's not being distant, that's just living a life which does not revolve solely around your sorry ass.
>>
>>143393207
The goal of society should be to achieve the highest overall welfare since everyone benefits from that instead of trying to force everyone to become equal. Good intentions alone can't carry a kingdom.
>>
>>143393684
He wanted be there for anything that could happen, and not when it was too late. Clown man also planned on Subaru coming to make a scene so Emilia could be seen a person who shouldn't be feared.
>>
>>143393635
I wouldn't survive the eugenics program
>>
File: 008.jpg (118 KB, 728x1030) Image search: [Google]
008.jpg
118 KB, 728x1030
Reinhardt is going to get that Felt pussy for a reason.
>>
>>143393641
That's not proof he's from another world, it's proof that he knows a foreign language and has a magic device that uses that language.

I don't think the world is fully explored enough to rule out him not being from that world
>>
>>143393773
>implying you would want to
What the fuck happened /a/? Why are there only happy plebbit-tier people here? I start to understand why you hate Subaru since you can't identify with him one bit.
>>
>>143393787
She almost sold her body whew
>>
>>143393757
>>implying anyone of us are satisfied with this shitty life
Not with that attitude you aren't.
>>
1 sounds like she's retarded and wouldn't know how to rule shit.
2 could be a good one, but us animeonly fags don't know much about the dragon so she just sounds radical.
3 sounds awful
4 should be judged by her actions and a proper look at her background, I can't believe they haven't even shown any information of her past to take into account
5 could be elected if the people of Lugnica had a way to vote for her

>>143393331
Greedy girl didn't even say anything about how she would rule, she just said she wanted the kingdom.

>>143393426
You have a point, but like I said before, it's fucking stupid to judge her solely by her looks without even taking her past into account in some way. I just hope she wins people's trust throughout the trials.
>>
>>143393373
I can't sympathize with him because he has no fucking filter and no social awareness.
Like emilia says, he claims to be doing everything for her, but then goes against her wishes by going to the castle and making an ass of himself because he's arrogant enough to think that he's competent enough to help her in any situation. He doesn't know when to shut up, stand down, and let someone more competent take the lead.
>>
Why cant we get more characters like Reinhardt. I love knightly characters.
>>
>>143393373

Its because I cant like a character that does not have a shred os respect for himself, and have a distorted vision of reality. He's created a world on his head that Emilia is his destity girl, and he is her shinning knight that will always save her. And when he's faced with reality he cant understand it. He's like the psychotic husbands that tracks his wife wherever she goes, because he cant that she does not like him.

All you have said makes sense but pales because the extreme cringe moments of him and that brings the question, does the author really put this borderline personality because of a reason or just because he thinks that a guy defending his girl whatever the reason is someone that people will like?
>>
>>143393848
First one was for >>143393324
>>
>>143393848
>Greedy girl didn't even say anything about how she would rule, she just said she wanted the kingdom.
Yes. All of the substance was cut from the speeches. Funny thing is that a lot of the candidates also associate themselves with one sin or another. There's also six of them, just like how there used to be six witches.
>>
>>143393874
I want more wimpy cringers like Subaru
>>
File: 1463334321247.jpg (300 KB, 750x1200) Image search: [Google]
1463334321247.jpg
300 KB, 750x1200
>be a NEET without future
>get thrown into an unknown world
>have to die over and over and over just to protect a girl that you love
>have her toss you aside like garbage
>watch how ungrateful everyone is
>be mocked and humiliated
>feel the hatred and jealousy rise within you
>feel the desire to let it all burn
>join the jealous witch and become a supreme gentleman
>>
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode.
>>
>>143393573
He is not normal minded
He is a depressed mess who feel worthless unless he can help someone and she is that someone
He is scared just by the thought of being unnecessary and thats exactly what he is when it comes to political affairs
>>
>>143393855
>I can't sympathize with him because he has no fucking filter and no social awareness.
If you don't have autism then you don't belong here. Please go back to your happy site with happy normal people.
>>
File: 1465956070269.jpg (368 KB, 1307x528) Image search: [Google]
1465956070269.jpg
368 KB, 1307x528
>>143393731
>>
>>143393881
Emilia is an ungrateful fucking whore. He should get revenge on her an all the others who've insulted him and tossed him aside after all the good things he did for them.
>>
>>143394007
THIS A HUNDRED THOUSAND TIMES YES!
>>
>>143393758
This.

He got fucking jealous of Julius kissing her hand and outclassing him so he made up excuses and lied to himself to create a reason to follow her.

He then proceeded to embarass her immediately by acting as arm candy to her rival and it only got worse from there as he desperately tried to prove that she needed him.

He took a stupid risk for selfish reasons and got blown out for it - shit happens.

He's not 'evil' though.
>>
File: 004.jpg (129 KB, 728x1031) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
129 KB, 728x1031
>>143393991
Nothing can beat the dick.
>>
>>143393758
It wasn't just because she was going away for a day. If he didn't try to stay relevant in that part of Emilia's life, he would just keep being cut out of every royal affair she is a part of. He'd just end up being part of the mansion's staff like Rem and Ram, and wouldn't be relevant in her life beyond mundane matters.
>>
>>143393331
>Emilia, Felt, and Priscilla are the shittiest choices there.
not priscillia
>>
File: 57625165_p0.jpg (302 KB, 1600x2000) Image search: [Google]
57625165_p0.jpg
302 KB, 1600x2000
>>143393702
And Seem like no one here read the novel

I say some light spoiler.
The joker want Subaru get into this. he also order Rem don't stop him if he try to come

What Elf really need (which she don't have)is someone support her
who fight under her name(it's not really matter how strong you are. what is important is the mind)
and really want to help her become the king (which means hte knight in this book)

once again
Subaru is the men
(but I like Rem more (^o^)ノ
>>
>>143394048
He did nothing wrong. Emilia spit on him and act like an ungrateful whore, despite him saving her life. He has all the right in the world to be jealous. Hopefully he gets consumed by the jealousy and join the right side.
>>
>>143393855
>because he's arrogant enough to think that he's competent enough to help her in any situation.
He is though

Return by Death is stronger than any swordarm, other than Reinhardt's
>>
>>143394076
nobody read the novel because most people here can't read japanese
>>
>>143394076
Are you 10 y.o. or Japanese? I really see no other explanation here
>>
>>143394074
Sure, if you wanted to bet everything on her luck. Voting for her is pretty much gambling on a tyrant.
>>
>>143394150
Don't bully him. He's cute.
>>
>>143394105
Being powerful doesn't make you intelligent or competent.
>>
>>143390974
how long has he been in this new world so far, in both all of the time and the normal time which hasn't been reset
>>
>>143392113

He has no money for a horse, weapon and armor, so he can't be a knight, you pleb
>>
That was a piss poor ceremony, even before Subaru started mouthing off like an idiot. It wasn't even a farce, because farces are supposed to be funny. Everyone talking casually to each other, violent abuse of audience members, threats and insults from left and right, etc. No script or and neither rhyme not reason for what goes on. Everything was just bullshit.
>>
>>143394076
>The joker want Subaru get into this. he also order Rem don't stop him if he try to come
We know.
>>
>>143393373
Why he doesn't go with Rem is beyond me.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.