[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yotsuba anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Koiwai.Yotsuba.full.147345.jpg (310 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Koiwai.Yotsuba.full.147345.jpg
310 KB, 1024x768
Is it really true that Yotsuba wouldnt work as an animation? I heard thats why the creator doesnt want an anime, even though its so popular
Surely they can get a talented director who can MAKE it work, right?

What do you guys think?
>>
>>143298402
It would need to be 15 minutes shorts and even then they woukd be extremelly slow
>>
>>143298402
He just doesnt want doujins made
>>
Everything can work as an animation. If YKK, which is something much harder to adapt, worked, then something as simple and straightforward as Yotsuba would work much more easily.
>>
>>143299394
They are different kidnds of hard, YKK just had lots of calm moments with landscape shots, the problem with Yotsuba is that each chapter covers only a single, short event and Azuma often uses entire pages to emphasize even the simplest of of actions, with heavy reliance on paneling.
>>
>>143299736
Good, conscious editing can make up for any panneling. And to be honest the length of each chapter is pretty much irrelevant, they could make it a short anime or break it up in chunks like say, Nichijou

The content itself is much more conductive to film because it relies on a sense of time and movement
>>
File: Yotsubato!39_15.jpg (348 KB, 823x1200) Image search: [Google]
Yotsubato!39_15.jpg
348 KB, 823x1200
>>143300061
>conscious editing can make up for any panneling
That's not always the case, just look at this page for example and how Azuma used half a page just for the simple act of her grabbing a bottle of milk and putting on her backpack. It would be very hard to convey the pacing and detail of this scene without risking it coming out as awkward.
>>
>>143301292
That scene is one of the easiest things ever. Azuma is actually omitting a lot of actions there and the scene would actually work -better- with movement filling out every single second of it, real-time. Look up some of the WMT shows like Heidi or Anne that do this and the results are wonderful.
>>
>>143298402
Uh, you're not aware that Yotsuba is actually getting an anime spinoff featuring Danbo this autumn?
>>
>>143302725
Yeah, but the problem is that in order to do it you'd need to have several seconds of Yotsuba just grabbing a bottle of milk from the fridge and putting it in her bag, and the whole manga is littered with tiny moments like that
>>
>>143303200
I mean I'd wager people who like the manga would have no problem with the anime thoroughly depicting the minutiae of daily life in such a way. Unless of course they only like the manga because the girl makes cute faces
>>
>>143302902
Yotsuba will probably get a Cameo in the final episode
and then mangaka will contemplate making an anime if the spinoff is popular
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.