[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm watching Hunter x Hunter, and those guys are supposed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: 32.jpg (243 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
243 KB, 1920x1080
So I'm watching Hunter x Hunter, and those guys are supposed to be unlikeable as possible, right? I mean

>Commit mass murder over and over again
>If you kill one of them, they antagonize you and see themselves as heroes avenging their comrade

I mean holy shit what a bunch of shameless hypocrites
>>
yeah but let's admit they are cool as fuck
feitan is an overrated piece of shit
>>
File: a mad machi.png (230 KB, 752x291) Image search: [Google]
a mad machi.png
230 KB, 752x291
I WANT TO FUCK MACHI
>>
>>143268542
it's almost as if they are the main antagonists or something
>>
File: Leorio.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Leorio.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
>Watching Hunter x Hunter Election Arc
>Leorio is Donald Trump
>>
If they were unlikable, they'd be less interesting. Like Pariston.
>>
>>143270399
I noticed it too. His populism appeals to pleb hunters.
>>
>>143268542
I honestly don't think they would give a shit about your opinion of them.
>>
>>143270803
Is it cause theyre not real?
>>
>>143268542
This image is a spoiler for you...
>>
>>143270466
B-but I think he is interesting.
>>
They're the best part of the show that's what they are.
>>
>>143270874
I was implying even if they were real they wouldn't care. I'm trying to make a point that I think the intention of the author wasn't to make characters people would be fond of for their moral alignment, but rather in their drive and conviction to live for themselves. I think your way of looking at it is wrong. I believe Togashi was trying to create characters that have the power to shape their own lives. Their hypocrisy is them choosing what to care about for themselves.
>>
File: 1461368811115assaaaa(1).png (135 KB, 450x392) Image search: [Google]
1461368811115assaaaa(1).png
135 KB, 450x392
They're shitty people, but they're not hypocritical. That would be them being like "oh my gosh, you want to kill us and get revenge for your fallen comrade? You're such a violent and terrible person. Why can't you just get over and let us live?" And then they go and attempt to do the same thing and get revenge on someone who killed their own. That'd be hypocritical. They're just selfish, and uncaring about random lives, yet still bonded with those they work with and caring about a very select few, even though it still is fucked up, there isn't some kind of contradiction. Regular people do similar actions all the time, just not to the same extreme. Most people care more about the feelings of their best friend over a random persons feelings, for example.

While hurting a random persons feelings is obviously much less fucked up and psychopathic than MASS MURDERING randoms who happen to get in the way of your profit, the actual "double standard" part of having bonded to specific people and thus not caring about random people dying as opposed to those bonded with, is inherently not that different.

It's very much the same (logically, not morally) as getting mad and wanting to hurt someone who hurt your best friends feelings, despite the fact that you've probably hurt some other random persons feelings who happens to be the best friend of some other random person you never cared about. Caring about people selectively does not equal hypocrisy. If you then went on to say that the other person never should be mad at you for hurting their best friends feelings, well then that is hypocritical.

Also, for goddamn killers, they are supposed to be as likable as can be, I think. Because they are done more realistically. Few fucked up, selfish for profit criminals are actually true complete psychopaths. Most in fiction are done that way, but these instead are done in a more realistic 'we still care about those we are close to' way. Like most realistic mafia movies, for example.
>>
File: tse.jpg (81 KB, 385x308) Image search: [Google]
tse.jpg
81 KB, 385x308
>>143268542
>Implying you can't like bad guys because they do bad things

Are we reddit now ?
>>
They're 'objectively' despicable but not necessarily unlikable.

This is Hunter x Hunter though, where even the protagonists can be very selfish and messed up at times. And shit, look at Hisoka. Don't tell me you don't like that psychopathic clown, you do.
>>
>>143270466
Pariston is far more interesting and less generic
>>
File: Hisoka Pose.jpg (381 KB, 1918x1080) Image search: [Google]
Hisoka Pose.jpg
381 KB, 1918x1080
>>143271954
Of course I do.
He diddles kiddles for fun and knows he's fucked up.
>>
>>143272015
Neither are generic but Pariston's scheming sociopath archetype is definitely more common.
>>
>>143268542
>Commit mass murder over and over again
>If you kill one of them, they antagonize you and see themselves as heroes avenging their comrade
So they're like America?
>>
>>143272382
BURN
>>
Thanks for reminding me how much I hate my own country. I just don't know where to move to.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.