[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this show any good or just retarded high school drama?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: yahari-main-3.png (900 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yahari-main-3.png
900 KB, 1280x720
Is this show any good or just retarded high school drama?
>>
The 1st season was really good. The 2nd was garbage.
>>
The latter. It's awful.
>>
>>143237702
This, first season was fun as hell, 2nd season and beyond is retarded high-school melodrama.
>>
>>143237575
Season 2 had some really great things but it was burdened by horrible garbage.
>>
Both seasons were shit
>>
>>143237575
First season was okay but felt anti-climactic because there was no actual climax; it just ended after 12 episodes. Season two is pure shit, or as you described it, "retarded highschool drama".
>>
>>143237575
It's good retarded high school drama.
>>
File: wa2-03-2.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wa2-03-2.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>143237575
Go watch White Album 2.

It's like Oregairu but better in every way.
>>
>>143239221
>white album 2
>watch
no
>>
>>143237575
Don't listen to the waifufags who think the first season was good.
>>
File: 8mansensei24.jpg (101 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
8mansensei24.jpg
101 KB, 960x544
I watched it knowing that every girl I would prefer instead of the leads had no chance. Even the one that's actually a boy, but especially Sensei.

Headcanon sometimes helps with the pain.
>>
>>143237575
/a/ hates season 2. If you're /a/, you will also hate season 2. However, if you're not /a/, there is a chance that you might enjoy both seasons or neither depending. Personally, I liked it. /a/ seems to be turned off by the way the drama is delivered. The main characters speak pretty vaguely about their feelings towards the end, which is mostly why /a/ hates season 2. The drama only becomes hubub crap if you choose to let it. If you consider yourself flexible/sophisticated enough, you should find this show to be enjoyable and the characters sincere and compelling. If however, you consider yourself to be impatient/slow you might have a better time watching the show without subtitles, because then at least you'd have an excuse for not understanding what the hell is going on.
>>
File: iroha.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
iroha.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>143239768
This.
>>
The second season isn't really that bad; the themes presented are relatable and the main characters are fleshed out more. However, the way the series presents its themes is indeed highly melodramatic, and the tonal shift from an alternative, humorous look at high school life to a dramatic love triangle between three people who don't even want to admit they are friends is very abrupt and jarring. Once the tone changes, it almost never changes back from then on. Also, once you start the series, you pretty much know who's going to win from the start, and it only gets more glaringly obvious from then on. So the love triangle might feel very forced and unnecessary.

Overall, if you hate love triangles with clear winners and melodrama, stay away. If you can tolerate those and you want characters more fleshed out than the typical romcom LN, along with some relatable high school problems, then give it a shot.
>>
File: 1371453011185.png (174 KB, 1342x499) Image search: [Google]
1371453011185.png
174 KB, 1342x499
>>143239611
Sensei will win though
>>
retarded high school drama
>>
>>143240548
Oh yeah, the anime ends on a cliffhanger and we've been waiting a year for the conclusion, so if you do want to watch it, wait until Volume 12 comes out.
>>
File: 8mansensei10.jpg (429 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
8mansensei10.jpg
429 KB, 1200x900
>>143240760
I WANT TO BELIEVE
>>
>>143237575
Yahari S1 is a masterpiece. Yahari S2 is just good.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.