[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Guilty Crown?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Damnitwasbad.jpg (68 KB, 1097x614) Image search: [Google]
Damnitwasbad.jpg
68 KB, 1097x614
I just finished it and I like to read what you guys think about it. Did you guys like it? Or was it only fun to watch with /a/?

I´m still perplexed how it had all the random things Code Geass had, but none of the enjoyment. I know it was bad, but I can not pinpoint why it failed while Code Geass succeeded.

1/10 - wasted time, not even dictator Shu could save it.
>>
Selfish bump.
>>
File: WW6dQmc.jpg (385 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
WW6dQmc.jpg
385 KB, 2000x2000
>>143218541
It was only fun to watch when it aired, especially when Dictator Shu made his apperance.
>>
File: touman rapes zapatos.png (443 KB, 1884x1462) Image search: [Google]
touman rapes zapatos.png
443 KB, 1884x1462
>>143219381
Yes, also this.
>>
>>143218541
it was fun as fuck for me
6/10
>>
>>143218541
I really enjoyed it.
With that being said the main reasons Code Geass destroyed Guilty Crown were that Code Geass had more interesting philisophical themes, more diverse and fleshed out characters, a better and more complex world, and strategy.
>>
Well I watched it, without /a/, and I really enjoyed but that has to do with me more being very into cyberpunk and sci-fi rather than the story being engrossing at all. Although I loved how the story took a dark turn in the middle.

i hated Code Geass for the most part due to me not liking mecha anime and excessive melodrama. A few of the mechs and geass users were cool towards the end though. The way most of the characters talked was too pretentious and ruined the story for me since longwinded speech is how they developed the plot.
>>
>>143219575
I don't think you know what pretentious means.
>>
>>143218541

it's fun as fuck watching it along with /a/

it's dumb and boring as fuck watching it alone.
>>
>>143219622
This about sums it up. It's like Independence Day.

Also good music
https://youtu.be/OJXRpazQ8Po
>>
>>143219612
No, I recognize that the elite characters and other educated characters in the anime should speak in an eloquent manner, but in this case the wordiness was just exaggerated and the speaking tones were way over the top. I know it's for dramatic effect since this anime is melodramatic as I mentioned earlier, but it is just too much for me. It feels like the script is pretentious and try hard even though that's not its intention. I have very specific tastes.
>>
>>143219569
>Code gays
God and Evangelion schtick
>Guilty Crown
Evolution and incest

The latter was more interesting you fedora tipper.
>>
>>143220170
>having taste this shit
>>
>>143219575
>GC = Cyberpunk
What the fuck? And is a theme that was not even there enough make you like something even though the story is shit?
>>
>>143220233
I meant cyberpunk in the biotech sense. Perhaps biopunk is more fitting, but I called it cyberpunk just because biopunk is so closely related to cyberpunk.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.