[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kiznaiver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: kizna.png (2 MB, 1681x943) Image search: [Google]
kizna.png
2 MB, 1681x943
What the fuck is even going on anymore with this "getting my pain back" shit?
>>
File: chirodir.png (496 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
chirodir.png
496 KB, 1280x720
Chidori best girl.
>>
Don't think too hard on it. The overall plot is fucking retarded. Just enjoy the friendships.
>>
File: secondbest.gif (26 KB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
secondbest.gif
26 KB, 250x300
>>143199181
the anime is shit, don't take it seriously
>>
>>143199249

that would be good if the characters weren't fucking boring personality-wise, like holy shit is there literally any fucking point for Yuta to exist

the show has great art/character design and nothing else
>>
>>143199249
The plot has become extremely tedious and complicated to the point where I feel like I don't fully comprehend these long ass plot conversations, and it's all for such a stupid message too."You proved that it's possible to feel other people's pain without a fucking scientific machine." Bravo, 99% of people know this already without this dumb confusing plot.
>>
>>143199337

Yuta's time will come. We haven't seen a lot about him yet but we know he's hiding something himself. He likes to act forward but he's actually a virgin and totally balked at nerd-girl's advance.

I can understand what you mean though, their personalities are all a little exaggerated to highlight their "sins". I personally think Chidori is probably the least interesting and most annoying of the cast. Even more so than the dead inside edgelord dream team of Katsuhira and Nori.

>>143199437

The overall plot is moronic. I've said this before but the series would be better if they didn't try to weave in some greater cause to the plot. There's nothing to understand, particularly. They whole idea is to get the empathy juices flowing so people will feel sorry for each other.

We, as humans, are already totally capable of that. The anime likes to push the idea that we're all callous and disinterested in each other, and that the project is overcoming these limits to human empathy. That, of course, is total bullshit. There's nothing wrong with lacking empathy for those you don't know. It's totally unrealistic to expect humans to have survived as we have whilst caring so dearly for each other.

The problem with the plot is that the writer has their head up their ass, and is convinced they've unlocked some terrible Pandora's Box filled with the sin of indifference to one another.
>>
2deep4u
>>
>>143199702
>Yuta's time will come
During what? The final fucking episode? Oh wait.
>>
>>143199235
CHIDORIFAGS BTFO
>>
>>143199773

They haven't completed even half of the character arcs, why are you bitching that Yuta wasn't done? If there's a season 2 it'll probably happen then. If not, eat shit.
>>
>>143199181
I still don't understand what's not to get. The plot is extremely straight foward. What exactly are people not comprehending?
>>
>>143199702
Chidori is classic "I can't tell him how I feel and he'll never understand by himself so I'll just be angry for 12 episodes".
>>
>>143199702
I'm like 99% sure they're making the point that that level of empathy wouldn't have been possible to achieve without experiencing the kizna system first. I don't think they're going for a IT WAS THERE ALL ALONG type of theme at all.
>>
>>143199966
>I'm like 99% sure they're making the point that that level of empathy wouldn't have been possible to achieve without experiencing the kizna system first.
That makes no fucking sense.
>>
This anime could have actually been okay until the last episode.
I could have forgiven all the stupid drama and writing because it looked and sounded gorgeous. Pic related.

Then
>Wow, you really can feel empathy without the kizuna system. Remarkable!
It's like they intentionally regressed the story from being passable to being a muddled load of trash with a single scene.

And now Nori is going to become the feelings-borg and assimilate everyone into her collective apathetic-ness. If it was this silly all the way through, this would be fine too.

Kill me.
>>
>>143199932

They don't get the extreme lengths that were taken to get almost nowhere.

>>143199966

Their point is that "it was only possible with the Kizna!" which is a total fallacy, as humans are already totally capable of empathy. Also trying to Kizna the whole planet together would not be possible. My gripe with the whole thing is that they think they're making groundbreaking progress, when in reality the Kizna system is totally useless for world peace and probably has far greater military applications.
>>
>>143199981
What the fuck? How does literally sharing the feelings of other people for however long not make you more capable of emapthizing with said feelings when you seen them even without the connection? Are you telling me that you wouldn't be able to empathize more with a burn victim if you yourself were a burn victim? Are you aspergers?
>>
>>143199951
She confessed in like episode 2
>>
>>143200055
>which is a total fallacy, as humans are already totally capable of empathy.
I don't see how you honestly believe that default human empathy is comparable to the level of empathy you'd end up with having quite literally shared someone's pain directly for an extended period of time. Surely you can't really believe that.
>>
Another animu with yet more Nip pseudo philosophy. Nothing to see here.
>>
File: 9897.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
9897.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
UGH MUH HEART HURTS
>>
File: watashi.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
watashi.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
>>143199249
>enjoy the friendships
The things that have only really took off in the last two episodes? Katsuhira's spew about them being friends is one of the ridiculously bullshitty things in this episode and shows how clueless he is. Characters have barely had any substantial interactions with other characters and being absorbed in their hangups or romantic agendas are what fragmented the group in the first place.

Guy suddenly starts beating your face into the concrete, he's not your goddamn friend.
>>
>>143200111
I remember her trying to say something during the storm episode, then MC just ran away while she was still talking.
>>
>>143200112

I don't. We're totally fucking selfish. That's how we survive day to day. However, they were thrown into countless dangerous situations and at the end of their journey everyone acted like the Kizna was the only thing that helped them grow closer. It would take more time without the Kizna, but it's bullshit to put people through such trials and then act like the bonds they shared only grew through induced empathy.

Now then, you've got a system that can accelerate people's feeleroonies. What do you do? Bond important political leaders together? Do you just abduct all of the world leaders and make them feel sorry for each other? It's absolutely possible to understand someone and hate them or work against them. Making everyone on the planet a Kiznaiver won't solve shit. That's what I hate about this. It's a nifty trick but it doesn't DO anything for humanity at large and I wish they would stop pretending that is the case.
>>
>the itai in their eyes
I'm such a sucker for good character designs.
>>
>>143199873
I think you missed the fact that glasses bitch's arc was a tool to have the other characters develop as well. Everyone is already done besides blue hair, and you know they'll all have some role during that ep.
>>
>>143200261
>It's absolutely possible to understand someone and hate them or work against them.
I don't think understanding is quite the same as actually feeling, anon. I'm sure you're about as aware as you possibly can be that x disease or whatever is horrible, but there's always that level of detachment until you've experienced it for yourself.

Noto to mention that that's not even the whole of it, anyway. It's a lot harder to fuck someone over when you're going to experience the negative effects of it yourself. Even the fucked up people you're talking about who understand the pain they inflict but do so anyway are going to feel all that shit for themselves, which makes for a totally different beast.
>>
I don't mind the character drama starts but then I remember the stupid fucking premise and how unbelievably bad the world building has been and then my suspension of disbelief just shatters. They should have just went for the Kokoro Connect route and stopped trying so hard with the setting because it's fucking undermining everything else in the show.
>>
>>143200405

Apart from wanting to be friends and growing as characters we didn't learn a whole lot about them. I wouldn't be surprised to see some exposition surrounding each of them in turn, revealing who they are and what they feel. I don't want to believe that Tenga is just a dudebro with a heart of gold. There has to be more to him.

>>143200462

I totally agree, the problem is that it's not practical to bond people in this way. The system's usefulness is limited by how many and who it can be applied to.
>>
>>143200533
>The system's usefulness is limited by how many and who it can be applied to.
Looks like sonozaki has some nifty radar transmitter thing set up doesn't it?
>>
>>143200572

If you bind everyone together they'll feel nothing but a soup of the human emotional spectrum mushed together.

I genuinely doubt there is 'realistic' way of putting this system to use on a macro scale. If they're not careful they'll make Sonozaki a Jesus-like figure as well. This could so easily all go to shit moreso than it already has.
>>
Fucking hell I really love the prospects of the Kizna system and it would have probably been AOTS if it was about a group of dysfunctional teens trying to stop some higher order thinking of establishing complete emotional control over society.

But then we have this.
>>
>>143199951
Chidori is the classic character that gets fucked by plot to squeeze out drama like a lemon.
>>
>>143200572
The last episode is going to be her Kiznaivering the world. This will result in everyone turning into whitehairs due to their sensations being distributed across everyone, The main crew will be less affected due to their recent contact with the Kizuna system, and they will find Nori and try to convince her to undo what she's done. They will be unsuccessful, and the crew whole crew except Katsuhira will succumb to the Kizuna system. The final scene will be Katsuhira talking to Nori and relating some experience they had as children, which will finally convince her to give it up and release everyone from the Kizuna system. This will result in her death. The last shot will be the main crew walking into the sunset in each others arms.
>>
I'm just waiting for WIXOSS's next season.
;_;
>>
To hell with the Kizna system. The result is a world full of overly sensitive ninnies. Better do away with anything competitive, you might hurt someone's feelings. Having to constantly bear this shit must be terrible as well.

Humans can do this empathy thing fine without being mutts trained to react 'correctly' at any time.
>>
>>143199235
shitdori best for being used as a human toilet for ruining best boy tenga.
>>
>>143201736
>Tenga
>best boy
Nope. Tenga chose to be Chidori's white knight on his own and goes ape on his "buddy" because he makes his damsel cry without realizing it. Only reason people paid attention to him is because they want either Chidori or Nico to be satisfied, or they're gay for a Kamina clone.

Hisomu is best boy and true bro character.
>>
>>143199181
Turn your brain off and enjoy the ride.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.