[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've just started watching DB Super, and I'm kind of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: Hiho beerus.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Hiho beerus.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
I've just started watching DB Super, and I'm kind of confused. I have read the Dragon Ball and most of DBZ mange. I've always thought of Goku as an innocent but powerful being. How the Hell did he get this pants-on-head retarded?! Now I definitely know who would win the SuperMan vs Goku challenge. If you can't count, you lose.
>>
>>143193892
>Now I definitely know who would win the SuperMan vs Goku challenge
>>>/co/
>>
>>143193892

>I've just started watching

No you didn't, you just wanted an excuse to shitpost.

>Superman

>>>/co/
>>
I've read that the dub changed his character a lot.

For lack of a better word, was he always this dumb in DB and DBZ?
>>
>>143194068
You say that, but fuck you. I did really just start watching. I skipped the whole Beerus saga becaise of the movie. Fine, I'll leave out Superfag, but Goku is acting like he hasn't been though anything than training and goofing around.
>>
>>143193892
Use the catalog retard
>>
>>143194179
Yes. In fact, he was even dumber in DB.
>>
The man's main character trait is that he was hit on the head as a child.
>>
He's always been a complete moron when it comes to anything other than training or fighting. When it comes to fighting, he's always been a crafty motherfucker and that hasn't changed in Super.
>>
>>143194179
He was a dumbass hillbilly in the woods who has only ever spoken to one self-aware human being before (his adoptive father, Gohan) in DB.
He was always stupid.
>>
>>143194466

I wonder how they'll smarten him up in the dub then.
>>
>>143194586
They'll give a balance of the two like in the movies. Play up the hick nature, but make him SOUND smarter, both in dialogue script and tone.
>>
File: 545.png (381 KB, 848x475) Image search: [Google]
545.png
381 KB, 848x475
If anything, I'd say that he's at his smartest ever. He even found a job that he's good at and that he can do without abandoning his training. He's come a long way.
>>
>>143194226
Because Super's writers don't seem to have watched Dragon Ball or DBZ. Goku was taught math and general education by Roshi.

Hell, I'm not sure they even watched Super itself, because they keep contradicting themselves.
>>
Making goku smarter in the dub was the correct decision.

otherwise he would be no different than any other generic shonen MC
>>
File: Dragonball_S_1464887839212.png (438 KB, 690x720) Image search: [Google]
Dragonball_S_1464887839212.png
438 KB, 690x720
>>143195070
>The same training he did when he was 11 years old
>We're supposed to believe it's still effective somehow
>Implying with his skillset he couldn't earn money in a billion more efficient ways than illegal immigrant labor
>YOU CAN'T PARTICIPATE GOTEN YOU HAVE TO STUDY
>Now let's just stand here and watch them work it's not like we have anything better to do.
>>
>>143194466
No he wasn't.

He has always been kind-hearted and innocent, but never a complete idiot. He couldn't differentiate Vegeta from the copy one. Like, really?

We're talking about the same guy who taught the fusion technique to the children, or the one that said he has proud of Gohan, like an adult.

This one is a complete idiot. Goku's innocence was always potrayed as blasting the Kai to test if he was strong or making jokes while the Earth was about to get destroyed, not being a 5 year old.
>>
>>143197363

>Goku was taught math

Did the show ever shows him using math before super?
>>
>>143197619
when goku and vegeta started trainning with wiss they did very basic things like cutting grass and lifting super heavy shit in daily basis
>>
>>143197752

This one mad dubbaby
>>
>>143197619

You are not making any sense /pol/.
>>
>>143197619
It's still a step up from his other job: nothing. He's actually a productive member of society who can balance his training with a job and family life.

>>143197752
>He couldn't differentiate Vegeta from the copy one. Like, really?
He could tell them apart. He pointed out that both were weird because one was purple and the other one was transparent, neither of which is normal. If that's the only example you have of how Goku is so much dumber now than before, then I don't think you have much to stand on.
>>
>>143197910
>Cutting grass
Those are called "chores"
>Lifting heavy shit
Yes, Whis' magic heavy suits should be a lot fucking heavier than a turtle shell, you know?
Goku is a fucking god he doesn't need to strengthen his hands by tilling fields like he did when he was 11. .
>>
File: file.png (767 KB, 728x1182) Image search: [Google]
file.png
767 KB, 728x1182
>>143198008
>It's still a step up from his other job: nothing. He's actually a productive member of society who can balance his training with a job and family life.

There's no value in pointless work for pointless pay. Goku's power would allow him to do a billion much more lucrative things much faster. If goku needed money, he could get it in a hearbeat playing to his strengths. Hell, he already knew how to do that when he was 11.
>>
>>143197752

Crossboarder-kun you forget that Goku was expecting to teleporting next to Vegeta but instead he found

>A guy that looks like Vegeta but was translucid and had no Ki
>A guy that had Vegeta's ki but was purple and wanted to kill his own child

Anyone would be confused.
>>
>>143198233
No anon, I'm sure most people wouldn't think their buddy turned into grape jelly.
>>
>>143193892
For the sake of giving a character who'd already matured to a good degree flaws so that he could improve on his abilities, Toei flanderized the fuck out of him and Vegeta.
Goku is now a literal Hillbilly and Vegeta is a Tsundere.
Enjoy your stay.
>>
>>143198013
>Goku is a god

He is not. His transformation gives him temporal access to god ki but goes back to normal if he lose consciousness or just goes back to normal on his own.
>>
>>143198165
But having this job is enough to support his family and it makes Chi Chi happy. He worked hard on his field because that's what he felt would make his family happy. The fact is, he went from being selfish and neglectful to doing this. It's a massive improvement. He's matured.

>>143198299
Most people would also not think that their buddy turned transparent. And while most people would not notice the ki, Goku would. That would definitely be confusing. Plus, it's not like he did something retarded and started beating up the real Vegeta without asking for an explanation. He was understandably confused when he showed up and that's as far as it went. There was nothing retarded about it.
>>
>>143198345
You're niggling at semantics but this does not change the fact that the training he graduated from when he was 12 should not be of any use now that he's an adult and literal thousands of millions of times more powerful.
>>
>>143198299

But believing that he is a transparent ki-less creature is perfectly normal?
>>
>>143198384
>But having this job is enough to support his family and it makes Chi Chi happy. He worked hard on his field because that's what he felt would make his family happy. The fact is, he went from being selfish and neglectful to doing this. It's a massive improvement. He's matured.
He doesn't need a job to support his family. And yeah, so selfish and neglectful being the last best hope for the universe. He should become a scholar to support his filthy rich wife and get shat on by the next jackass coming to start shit. If he's only doing it to please ChiChi, he's still an idiot and she's still a bitch for forcing him to do pointless work for pointless pay.

>>143198384
>Most people would also not think that their buddy turned transparent.
>>143198423
>But believing that he is a transparent ki-less creature is perfectly normal?
More normal than literally turning into jelly.
>>
>>143198475
>He doesn't need a job to support his family.
That's not the point. Sure, he could just go and win a street fight and earn money. But he wants his wife to be happy and he wants to set a good example for his child. That's what an adult would do. And he's managing to do this without having to give up training with Whis and Beerus. Yes, this is a massive improvement over suddenly deciding to travel through space or just leaving for years to train Uub and leaving them to fend for themselves.

>More normal than literally turning into jelly.
Still definitely not normal. There was nothing normal about either Vegeta. It's perfectly reasonable for him to be confused for a moment.
>>
>>143198400

I see first you insist that Goku was dumb for not realizing that ghost no ki Vegeta was the real one instead of purple but with identical Ki Vegeta. And now you are talking about his training even though I never mentioned that in my post.

Could it be that you realize that you said something stupid but you are not willing to admit it?
>>
File: Beerus.jpg (198 KB, 1795x1005) Image search: [Google]
Beerus.jpg
198 KB, 1795x1005
>>143193892
I LOVE BEEERUS-SAMA!!!!
>>
>>143198598
>Sure, he could just go and win a street fight

If only there was some sort of organized tournament in the DB universe that paid out big cash. Maybe something annual.

Oh, but I guess that would be cheating.
>>
>>143198724
You're still completely missing the point. Having a steady job makes his wife happy. He wants his wife to be happy. So he's holding a steady job. Amazing how that works, right?
>>
>>143198724
You think he could ever take the Champ? Goku's time has come and gone, undefeated 4 time winner of the World Martial Arts Tournament will continue his winning streak. Especially with Monaka on his side!
>>
>>143193892
Toei forgot their own characters' personality
>>
>>143198400

I think that mistaking Goku for a god is big deal because they have this western/cristian omnipotent vision of god even though gods in dragon ball are just kind of strong guys with an specific job and not indestructible beings.
>>
>>143193892
No op is right. I realized as I was watching DBZ that goku is pants on head stupid. Also I fucking hate supers OST. I miss the old 90s ones it had more of a mystical feeling to it.
>>
>>143198724

>Goku screwing Mr Satan for money.

Wait this kind of post looks familiar.

>Doesn't understand the characters and force his own logic into them to make a point

Are you perhaps a Gohanfag?
>>
>>143198475

Translucid Vegeta: Kinda looks like Vegeta but you can see through him and doesn't have Ki the very same power that identifies all living creatures in the DB universe.

Purple Vegeta: Kinda looks like him but is purple but he does have the exact same Ki as the real Vegeta.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.