[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
King Kai's japanese voice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: King Kai 3.jpg (61 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
King Kai 3.jpg
61 KB, 720x480
what's up with King Kai's voice in Japanese? Dragon Ball Super is the first DB series I watched in japanese, and I can't get over the fact that his voice acting is so damn horrible. It seems like the voice actor is just reading from a paper while the character is screaming for example. Is this a gimmick or something?
>>
He's just very senile and probably can't even tell if still sitting in studio or his house anymore
>>
Japs insist on using the original VA's

He's like 1,000 years old
>>
>dub
Back to Plebbit, cunt.
>>
The VA has very poor health
>>
File: 1449095608012.jpg (37 KB, 396x382) Image search: [Google]
1449095608012.jpg
37 KB, 396x382
>>143176501
>Dragon Ball Super is the first DB series I watched in japanese
>>
>>143176934
I was just here for this one question, I'm leaving after this thread. Not for reddit though.
>>
>>143176934
What's wrong with that? it's completely natural unless you're so young you had access to downloading it subbed by the time you got around to watching it, or you're so old you were a college student passing it around in VHS when it was new.
>>
>>143177638
I watched subbed DBZ back when Toonami was stuck on the Ginyu battle. DBZ had been subbed for so long that every single comic book store in the USA had VHSes of it and would order the whole fucking shit if you asked. And you could rent them, too. You must be underaged.
>>
>>143177638
You do realise that Dragon Ball has been subbed since about late 90s, right? Surely you can't be this much of a dumb teenbro.
>>
Older Pan wear gi uniform pic when?
>>
>>143177638
Subbed tapes of all the normie anime were sold everywhere in the early 2000s you pleb.
>>
>>143176501
He's really old now. Later episodes just said fuck it and replaced his VA with Oolong's.
>>
I can't stand Goku's voice so I watch the dub.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.