[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in France, and I'm bored of reading French literature.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
I'm in France, and I'm bored of reading French literature. I have a high level of French, but I miss some idioms.

Do you think One Punch Man would be a good pick? Will I understand the jokes? It's been on my list, and now I can justify reading it as practicing my french.

Are there any manga which wouldn't be too heavy on idioms and sayings?
>>
>>143166190
Well, I'm french so obviously I read it in french, I guess you could read it.
But I might be biased because of course I'll understand it easily.

Otherwise, I guess you might read pretty much anything that don't have a complicated plot, so, shounen, mainly, but you also might try some non manga stuff, but in manga style.

You might like Dofus or Wakfu "manga" for example, plus, that's 100% french. Of course, don't buy anything without browsing it first, you'll be able to see if you can read it and understand anything.

There are exceptions, but if you ever encounter a word you don't know you can check some dictionnary. Sayings might be a bit harder, but I guess the more you encounter them, the more likely you are to understand them.
>>
>>143166190
Anime is haram, so I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>143166190
>>>/wsr/
>>
One Punch Man is more dependent on your knowledge of battle shounen then a mastery of any language, it isn't hard to follow.
>>
>>143166302
Well, I've read recherche du temps perdu (1-3), tons of rougon macquart by Zola, tons of others with a dictionary I use now and then. I understood pretty much everything.
>>
File: 1459815111869118421696553757.jpg (296 KB, 1456x1133) Image search: [Google]
1459815111869118421696553757.jpg
296 KB, 1456x1133
>>143166190
Read Biorg Trinity, and if you do, I'm going to worship you as a God. Then We can talk about it.
>>
>>143166190
Also
Do you know anything else than French and English?
>>
>>143166427
... Y encuentra una manera.
>>
>>143166302
Dofus and Wakfu aren't a good option to read in french who someone who isn't native desu, they have a lot of puns.
>>
>>143166427
Finds un way
>>
Give jojo a try it has great french translations from what i heard
>>
LE HON HON HON
BAGUETTE AND WINE
FLAG BLANC
I SURRENDER HON HON
>>
>>143166666
>>
>>143166190
Are you still here Op?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.