[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kyoani
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 289x175) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 289x175
Can someone please tell me why they love their anime original characters so much? It's seem they make an anime original in the main cast in basically every series (of at least most of the ones I've seen)
>>
>>143163499

I don't think there were any in K-On
>>
>>143163510
First of all, empty bumps are against the rules.
Second, that wasn't a bump. Lurk more.
>>
>>143163499
Their anime original characters began with Chuu2 though. They haven't always been known for it.
>>
>>143163499
Studio trademark. You would distinguish KyoAni original anime from adaptations of works outside their ownership by the presence of an original character.
>>
Chuunibyou, phantom world, beyond te boundary all had anime oc. I can't think of the other series I've seen off the top of my head
>>
Kyoani crossover anime will be sweet
>>
>>143163631
Elementario were semi-original IIRC, since apparently they didn't show up in the LN until later. Technically you also have Rei from Free, though Free itself could also be considered an original.
>>
>>143163585
Thanks for the lesson senpai
>>
>>143163622
Also, keep in mind that the shows KyoAni made with anime original characters were based on LNs that KyoAni themselves publish, so it's as if they were using their creative license on these things.
>>
>>143163671
Always happy to help.
>>
>>143163677
That true?
>>
File: 6Fv9GYj.jpg (153 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
6Fv9GYj.jpg
153 KB, 1280x720
>>143163499
>steal anime adaptation ideas in the form of a rigged contest
>give the winner an all expense paid adaptation
>add in some shitty side characters for no purpose other than fanservice and/or yuribaiting
It's their trade mark for shitty a shitty series. Here's the most recent abominations KyoAni added.
>>
>>143163706
Yes. KA Esuma. Look it up.
>>
>>143163751
Sounds like somebody's mad that KyoAni didn't choose their anime idea.
What was it?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
>>143163778
You already know what this is
>>
>>143163778
It's kind of true, though. Of their shows with anime-original characters most of these characters could have been deleted without seriously affecting the plot: Kumin, Ruru, and Kurumi are prime examples of this.
>>
>>143163819
I was going to make a reference in that direction, but then I thought better of it.
>>
>>143163671
To spell it out, OPs cannot bump their threads until the threads are at least 15 minutes old.
(which is a sensible rule in my opinion)
>>
File: 74r2TG7.jpg (520 KB, 1171x1319) Image search: [Google]
74r2TG7.jpg
520 KB, 1171x1319
>>143163829
In the case of Kumin, the positive reception for her character allowed her to be integrated into the story.

Dekomori is too difficult to be added into the LNs. Instead, a new character named Hideri Amaniji was introduced.
>>
>>143163916
Speaking of KyoAni's LNs, they're pretty rare. Even when I went to Animate Akiba recently the only ones they had were Phanton World and VEG.
>>
>>143163916
How would you feel as an LN character that's just a stand-in for a more popular anime character?
>>
>>143163960
No idea about Amaniji's role in the story. Information is sparse.
>>143163953
They are probably promoted differently compared to your typical light novel series. Chances are that only the KyoAni store always has a complete stock of their LNs.
>>
>>143163829
Ruru is the literal representation of Haru's monologues in the novels.
>>
>>143163751
>steal
What?
>>
>>143164033
Which was a pretty good idea from the idea master Ishihara.
>>
KyoAni - Yuri baiting since 2005.
>>
>>143164175
myself - forgetting images since 2006
>>
I just noticed now that Hibike's lineup of characters are pretty original.
>>
>>143164007
AMANIJI HIDERI

First appeared in the third volume of the light novel series, and an senior to Yuuta and Rikka. She is called the "Rainbow-Haired Maiden" because of her hair colored in yellow, red, orange, pink, violet, green and blue.

Her personality and habits tend to be disliked by some, and even Yuuta and Rikka notice her peculiar way of speaking when they during their first meeting. After successfully entering middle school, Hideri believed that she is special, but during her first year as a middle school pupil, her father's adulterous acts caused her parents to enter a divorce. Furthermore, the words of her homeroom teacher during a parent and child meeting, telling her "it's normal", was the driving force for Hideri to aim for becoming a special person. With the help of Rikka, Yuuta and Satone, she became aware of her status as a subculture-type chuunibyou patient.
>>
>>143164363
>all those errors
Fuck, that's what I get for not double-checking my post.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.