[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did One Piece get worse after the timeskip?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: OP.png (273 KB, 896x672) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
273 KB, 896x672
Did One Piece get worse after the timeskip?
>>
>>143162328
Yeah it was 12/10 before the time skip
Now its 11/10
>>
Has there ever been a timeskip that *didn't* make a series worse?
>>
>>143164255
TTGL
>>
I don't like five-head robin and franky's new design
>>
>>143162328
Depends

I think Dressrosa broke the more weak willed for being too long. We had to put up with Rebecca's constant fucking crying for TWO AND A HALF YEARS!
>>
Far too many kingdoms and too much kingdom saving

Too much emphasis on alliances and allies which began on the very first island that they landed on instead at least a little further in

Crew has been separated longer than they have been together since Sabaody and will continue to be for a while
>>
>>143164355
Of all the series you could have picked, you chose the one that probably had the sharpest decline in entertainment value right after the timeskip. Literally went from "wild dumb ride" to "muh political drama".
>>
File: oda.jpg (20 KB, 289x292) Image search: [Google]
oda.jpg
20 KB, 289x292
>>143164472
What do you mean, you don't like Rebecca? She's pretty, she has boobs and she's a princess, what's there not to like?
>>
pacing got incredibly slow
designs feel less pirate-y and more toy-like (not that they were very pirate to begin with)
fights arent as good, luffy vs doffy never felt like an equal match, and why didnt doffy just use parasite
>>
>>143164572
Imagine taking Vivi, removing everything that made Vivi good in the first place. Then take Shirahoshi and take away everything was interesting and positive about her (her forgiveness, her role as Poseidon, her potential growth and role to the story) and amp up her worst traits up to max level and put into a new girl.

That's Rebecca.
>>
>>143164664
I was just being ironic. Of course I agree with you.
But then again I think that, unlike Vivi or Shirahoshi, Rebecaa wasn't the main character of her own backstory. That was Kyros. So there's also that.
>>
>>143164255
SSY, if it counts
>>
>>143162328
>Nami shows more of her skin in new design
>Her boobs getting bigger too
Nope. It's getting better.
>>
>>143162328
Yes, we kinda expected Luffy to change after Ace's death. I think it was the point he had to grow, and the whole two year were about that.

But in the end, appart form changing characters appareance and ruining Franky, it's more of the same. I guess it's hard to give character dvelopment to a character like Luffy, especially since he's so popular for what he is.

Another point is too many character, they don't get highlight as they used too, and scenarios are plain ennemy vs ennemy. Remember when Mr Prince saved the day ? Or the survival game on Skypea ?

His power aren't as cool too, while the Gear 2nd was cool and smart as fuck, now that there is haki, the whole balance of power is messed up, especially with the new "awakened" from Doflamingo revealed, or artifical fruits, or Blackbeard stealing them...sigh, it's a mess now, Oda didn't respect the rule he set at the start.

Also, Fishman island arc was shit, and I was waiting for this since Arlong park.
>>
>>143162328
The manga? no
The fanbase? very
>>
>>143166602
>we
speak for yourself faggot
>>
I think at this point we're just kinda fatigued with the formula. The world building is still top notch and big info dump chapters are still when One Piece is at its best. But the Strawhats' adventures feel more like filler at this point, because we want to move on to the actual meat already.
Post-timeskip Nami is the sexiest character of all time, though.
>>
>>143165053
>>143167102
>Nami
>Liking a stick with melons
Robin best and pure OP waifu.
>>
>>143167139
But Robin is also a stick with melons...
Oda's terrible at female anatomy.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.