[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best Gundam series? Are they all connected by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: zero_epyon.jpg (153 KB, 1025x768) Image search: [Google]
zero_epyon.jpg
153 KB, 1025x768
What's the best Gundam series? Are they all connected by a plot?

I remember watching one of the series when I was a kid and I really liked it but I don't remember which one it is. It's definitely not Mobile Suit Gundam, and I'm not sure if it's Wing. The 'main' Gundam looked like the one from Wing but the chest piece was kinda different I think.
>>
war in the pocket and thunderbolt are good. turn A is the best
>>
File: gundamphone-sg.jpg (51 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
gundamphone-sg.jpg
51 KB, 500x375
>>143162221
Speaking of Gundam, the last episode of Keit-ai has been released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

Is /a/ finally free of Keit-ai?
>>
Seed Destiny if you aren't a filthy gaijin.
>>
I think I may have found the series I watched as a kid. It might be Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, cause the design of the Gundam is definitely the one I remember as a kid.

>>143162282
>>143162388

Thanks, I'll check them out.
>>
>>143162221
Gundam 00 is the best Gundam series.
>>
/a/ hates anime that doesn't have naked children. Gtfo.
>>
>>143162480
Thanks, I'll check it out.

>>143162497
Oh.
>>
>>143162221
Probably Wing overall. They are all pretty good.
>>
>>143162221
There's a connected universe called Universal Century. Look up a listing of which series are a part of it. Every other series is called Alternate Century and are independent.
>>
>>143162497
The only Gundam series that panders to /a/'s pedos and sex offenders is

fuck it, not saying, don't want you creeps googling it
>>
Fuck all that and watch G GUNDAM. And watch the fucking DUB.
>>
File: [Not this thread again.jpg (268 KB, 704x528) Image search: [Google]
[Not this thread again.jpg
268 KB, 704x528
>>143162337
>>
>>143162497
Someone hasn't seen ZZ.

>>143162221
>Are they all connected by a plot?

Many of them (Or all of them if you're one of those Turn X manual-fags) take place in the same universe (Universal Century) within the span of around 2 decades over several wars.

That's the one the RX 78-2 (the iconic gundam that there is a statue of in Odaiba) is from and most people recommend starting there whether it be for nostalgia/origin reasons or that they consider it the pinnacle of the franchise.

Here's the short version:
0079 (TVA or movie trilogy)
Zeta (TVA)
ZZ (TVA)
Char's counterattack (movie)

There are also many OVA's that take place in UC including:
0080 War in the pocket
0083 Stardust Memory
Origin
Thunderbolt
Unicorn

When you finish with that you can branch into the AU gundams (that is what Wing would be classified in). Those are more of a mixed bag of opinions.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.