[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 74462.jpg (50 KB, 225x315) Image search: [Google]
74462.jpg
50 KB, 225x315
What went wrong?
>>
pacing
>>
The art style and the CG. Even the stuff that wasn't CG looked like plastic with 0 detail.
>>
>>143161805
CG and pacing. Bt it still good.
>>
File: 1111.jpg (13 KB, 480x268) Image search: [Google]
1111.jpg
13 KB, 480x268
Needed more episodes but that's just greed on my part, I didn't find anything wrong.

It was really refreshing to watch on a stale overused genre.
>>
Animation quality. The fight with Shalltear looked atrocious.
>>
the way the LN is written does not translate well to anime
>>
>>143161805
All it had going for it was that the MC was a skeleton.
>>
>>143161805
My waifu died
>>
>>143162996
Masochism is unhealthy, anon.
>>
>>143162996
She'll be back and better than ever as a cat girl.
>>
>>143162949
This. One of the LN's strengths is it's internal dialogue, pretty detailed world-building, and its choice to often look at the same thing from a number of different perspectives, each with their own preconceived notions and different conclusions. This wasn't something that the anime could really replicate. Additionally, the pacing was off. It was both too slow for something on it's own. and too fast compared to the LN, often brushing over some pretty critical information or not providing enough foreshadowing. I don't think they ever mentioned that they could rez Shalltear up until they had done it, whereas in the LN Ainz was spending quite a bit of time thinking about all of this stuff, plus the other implications that changing from a game to reality had, right from the 1st novel.

I still enjoyed it, but that's because I already knew what was going to happen, and had the context that an anime-only viewer may not have.
>>
>>143162996
So Bin, how many times must i tell you to stop shitposting on 4chan?
>>
>>143163121
Leave the man alone. His waifu is dead for heaven's sake.
>>
Low budget anime made for the sole purpose of advertising the light novel.

That's all.
>>
>>143161805
Madhouse decided to put actual effort into OPM instead of this.

If this ever gets a S2 I hope a different studio does it.
>>
>>143161805
-badhouse animation
-Being SAO with a skeleton
-Forced circlejerk
>>
>>143161805
overlord is really boring I hope it never come back.

One good thing overload had really great hentai.
>>
>>143161805
overlord Would have works better as a rpg not a anime.
>>
>>143164454
>>143164579
>tumblr faggot
You can leave.
>>
>>143163113
The LN is written like a fucking child's diary
>>
>>143164602
I'm not from shitblr
>>
It ended.
>>
>>143164630
You go around reading children's diaries?
>>
>>143164630
Nothing wrong with the writing really. I've been rereading vol 9 lately-
>相手の気持ちを解きほぐすことは重要だ。
>猜疑の衣に身を包んだ者の心を観察するのは容易くない。だが信頼と好意を繰り糸で踊らせ、その 衣を一枚一枚脱がせてやれば、心など丸裸同然だ。勿論、そうした誘導の全ては来たことを心から歓 迎する紳士という笑顔の下に巧妙に隠している。

Say the anime reaches JUST volumes, some of the scenes just won't work that well in the anime without internal monologues etc, so I do agree with>>143163113.
>>
No season 2.
>>
After reading this thread, I came to the conclusion that OP is Emperor Jir and the shitposters are Baziwood and Dale Anoch.
>>
I decided to rewatch OL and everything felt incredibly rushed. >>143163113 is right about the pacing being too fast for people who've read the LN.

The funny thing is that I watched it before reading the LN and it seemed just right. I guess I'm spoiled.
>>
>>143161805
Everything
They honestly expected overlord to bomb so they didn't even give a shit
>>
I will miss daily Overlord threads
>>
>>143169043
The ride will resume in September anon!

For under a month before dying once more, for who knows how long...
>>
'What is dead, may never die"
>>
CG SKELETON DICK.
>>
>>143169463
>>>/tv/
>>
wasnt even a real lich.
>>
It wasn't an adaptation of the superior game series.
>>
>>143163113
You're confusing overlord with RE: monster.
>>
>>143161805
Everybody sucks MC's dick. Generic setting and characters.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.