[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does the manga hold up compared to the anime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: death_note_black_edition_manga.png (174 KB, 320x305) Image search: [Google]
death_note_black_edition_manga.png
174 KB, 320x305
>>
They are both shit, but at least Light dies like a little bitch in the manga
>>
>>143157821
Anime is pretty faithful to the manga
>>
>>143157821
> get caught just cause you write some name in a notebook

these the most retarded plot ever. You only like it cause you were a dark and edgy teen filled with hormones. note even the most totalitarian state would you get caught
>>
>>143157821
Forgetting the anime and manga, who else read the BB murder case novel?

I liked it.
>>
>>143157821
>143158107
Manga is pretty identical to anime, there are some major differences; mainly the ending.

Ending was the same overall, except light dies in the warehouse. He doesn't go for a fucking jog.

Also ryuk also says straight to light the reason people who use the notebook don't go to heaven or hell is there IS no heaven or hell. All people and things are equal, and return to nothingness. Was pissed that was left out of the ending.
>>
>>143157821
fake everyone knows deathnote is shonen jump advance backed by viz
>>
>>143158201
I liked it too. Nisio Isin is pretty good at writing interesting (if implausible) mysteries. You should check out Okitegami Kyouko no Bibouroku and Zaregoto too.
>>
>>143158107

>Tons of criminals start mysteriously having heart attacks
>Try to find out if there were any deus ex heart attacks before this all began, because that area might be the source
>Because there's no real evidence it's the right area to start seriously looking, locally broadcast some tasty bait
>He falls for it
>Build a profile of which type of person would do these sorts of things, start identifying who in this region could have the connections to know about all of these criminals, and work from there

There is literally nothing wrong with how this part went.
>>
>>143157821
I heard there's going to be a live-action American adaptation. The manga/anime is 12 vol. and 37 episodes long so I'll probably be condensed.
>>
>>143158385
>there is literally nothing wrong with plotarmor
>>
>>143158397
*It'll
>>
>>143158009
>>143158107

Better than Code Gaess.
>>
>i cannot play chess the anime
>>
File: laito2.png (669 KB, 951x537) Image search: [Google]
laito2.png
669 KB, 951x537
>>143158397
The manga is exactly 108 chapters. I do hope it gets condensed.
>>143157821
The Mello/Near arc is more padded than in the anime because they wanted to have 108 chapters. I didn't mind that arc as much as some /a/nons seem to but there are too many chapters where nothing really happens.
>>143158239
*tips fedora*
>>
Both fall apart in the end. I think the manga's a bit better paced, but the anime has a great OST. Too bad that nigga forever in japan's weedjail for injecting marijuana leaves.
>>
>>143159136
>I do hope it gets condensed.

Specifically the bit between L's death and Light's death. And by "condensed" I mean "removed".

The guy doing it is a decent director.
>>
>>143160646
There's likely going to be names changed to sound more American. And L might be played by a black dude, not joking
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.