[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Gintama worth the time investment? I tried watching it years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: gintamaop9-01.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gintamaop9-01.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
Is Gintama worth the time investment? I tried watching it years ago but only got up to about episode 80 or so.
>>
Holy shit nigga, if you are 80 episodes in you should be able to figure out if you like the show enough to watch more.
>>
You can't figure out for yourself if you like something after 80 episodes? Jesus fucking christ. That said Gintama is one of the few shows that does actually get significantly more enjoyable the more you watch it, and it could conceivably take 80 episodes for someone to really start loving it. But if you don't even like it by then, don't bother.
>>
>>143150253
i think yes, the real good stuff start happening around 120, now is god tier
>>
>>143150358

not OP but when i started HunterxHunter it took about 30 episodes in for it to really hook me.
>>
Watch it and either

A: You'll enjoy it
B: You won't

If A, keep watching. If B, don't.

Most people can figure this out but some people are retarded like you.
>>
If the Benizacurafefdsfrgr (Demon Sword) arc doesn't make you like it, it's maybe time to give up. Thats when it really shows how good the more serious stuff can be and I think they'd got the comedy style settled by that point.
>>
>>143151053
I hate every serious arc in the series but the comedy just gets better and better as it builds on inside jokes
>>
>>143151103
I agree that the comedy builds on inside jokes, Madao was actually a kinda serious character, now he's a walking punchline. I think the comedy and serious stuff compliment each other. Seeing Kagura doing some hilarious shit then struggling like in the Yoshiwara in Flames arc really adds impact.
>>
>>143151053
>fefdsfrgr
What the fuck happened there, mate?

Also, for the people that are following the manga, Is pretty much established that Gintoki is going to end up with Tsukki now that young Umibuzou got shipped with Yatotsukki, ain't it?
>>
>>>>143151262
Ginxkagura is the best option. Also nice takasugi and kagura bro fights. Shoryu is also the best villian in shounen jump
>>
>>143151992
>Ginxkagura
Maybe if Sorachi pulls another busty Kagura for like the 4th time, I think he has clearly established that she's not going to have a serious partner until gets the ideal tits age
>Shoryu
Meh, I prefer Houzen
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.