[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Summer Wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Summer Wars.jpg (406 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Summer Wars.jpg
406 KB, 1680x1050
It's the first day of Summer, so I think you know what that means..
>>
I feel like this would have been a better movie if it was just about the wacky antics of a large, eccentric family instead of notDigimon.
>>
>>143110671
Yeah.

The movie goes to trash in the second half when the stereotypical anime tropes pile on (reclusive handsome genius man, save dah world kid!, etc).
>>
>>143109145
I am fucking triggered by the folded fabric next to her hand, yet the dress falls in the same length
>>
I liked this movie, but I get so tilted everytime I see the little kids fuck up the capture.
>>
>>143109145

Love TGWLTT but I dropped this movie halfway through.
>>
>>143110671
I thought the exact same thing while watching it.

I didn't dislike the rest though.
>>
The video game stuff was a bit hard to care about but honestly it's got a big heart and it's tough not to get caught up in the hot bloodedness of it all. It's easy to dismiss with a critic's mindset but fuck that I enjoyed the movie quite a bit.
>>
>>143109145
>good soundtrack
>digital world was fun if derivative and inferior to BWG
>MATH BITCHES
No matter what /a/ says I like this movie because nostalgia.
>>
>>143109145
Time to watch Our War Game?
>>
>>143110671
It just doesn't flow right; and I'm sure part of that is just because their internet world doesn't make sense realistically. If someone hacks my Facebook, they won't my work ID code.
>>
>>143114213
>it's got a big heart and it's tough not to get caught up in the hot bloodedness of it all
This. It somehow managed to get me pumped up by a character saying KOI KOI! over and over. That bit was really well built up over the movie.
>>
>>143114580
It should have just been two separate movies, because neither part of what we got was really fleshed out well enough.
The family cast was fuckhuge and would definitely have benefited from another half hour of character building, while the digital stuff would have been better suited with coming up with a better plot and explanation for how stuff worked.
>>
>>143114580
>If someone hacks my Facebook, they won't my work ID code.
Wasn't the AI just fucking around aimlessly because it likes "fun"?
>>
>>143114688
It makes me wish I had a huge extended family like that. I mean, I do, but we only get together on Thanksgiving, and even then it's just a lot of passive aggressive remarks and having to call the police over gun threats.

>>143114745
Exactly. It makes sense in Digimon, with the whole digital world concept, but this isn't like that. It's supposed to be the real world.

>>143114794
To an extent, but it was causing real world harm by setting off building alarms and flooding the sewers, which it was able to do by hacking into people's OZ accounts which had all their work information like work passcodes. It's how it was able to take control of the satelite in the climax. Until it lost that account, it had access to that information.
>>
>>143114924
>hacking into people's OZ accounts which had all their work information like work passcodes.
It "kind of" makes sense when you hear stuff about unified digital presences and whatnot, but at the same time it takes it to a level that's just reckless and dumb, and would never happen in the real world.
>>
>>143114924
>>143114988
I'm not too bothered by it because those kinds of developments in a story are meant to be unreal, at the risk of stating the obvious

I'm more bothered by JARVIS in the MCU movies if it comes to that.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.