[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How far was your record marathoning ? how many episodes in a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: cawfee.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cawfee.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
How far was your record marathoning ? how many episodes in a row?? Usually when I start gettiing sleepy i can't even comprehend decently what i'm watching... I wonder if an exageratted mug of coffee will do the work?
>>
I don't enjoy marathoning usually, anime is much more enjoyable when watched as 1-4 episodes at a time. On a typical day I watch 3 episodes of the main show I'm watching and one or two of a second one which is lower priority.

Regardless, my marathoning record is probably the entirety of Kaiji in one sitting.
>>
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.nonstop
>>
>>143088707
I marathoned Eva + EoE with friends. We were mostly asleep at the end of EoE. Wouldn't do again.
>>
I watched Cross Game in 2 sittings
>>
When i ""marathon"" an anime i watch like 4-7 episodes a day
>>
>>143090030
I do this at least once a year. Makes for a hell of a ride.
>>
>>143090030
>>143090140
How? Eva is far too meaty to marathon in one sitting
Are you guys autistic or do you just stop enjoying yourself after 8 episodes but keep watching because... well, because you're autistic?
>>
>>143090198
I enjoy it all the way through. I don't really see how marathoning through something you enjoy is autistic.
>>
Wasn't a one sitting marathon, but I finished 300 episodes of gintama in a week and a half. These days I can only watch a maximum of 5 episodes per day.
>>
>>143088707
I marathoned an entire episode of Space Patrol Luluco once
>>
All of shimoneta in one sitting, probably. I would definitely marathon 1 12-episode show per day, if I had the time.
>>
>>143089603
My man
>>
45 episodes of Futari wa Precure.
>>
164 episodes in 72 hours. Shit starts to get real abstract at the end.
>>
>>143090458
>5 a day
I watched Clannad s1&2 in 2 days and now I watch one episode a week of some old shows. Help
>>
I usually marathon the first episode before asking /a/ for their opinion
>>
>>143088707
I think 26 hours, with barely no downtime, so 60+ episodes.
>>
Recently finished Macross F in one sitting

If I ever did more, I can't remember
>>
>>143090922
>>143090490
How do you guys do it?
Takes me at least a week to get through it.Sometimes I fall behind miss the new episode tho.
>>
>>143090490
Absolute madman
>>
>>143090030
I've done this as well, though we managed to stay awake just fine. The closest thing to a marathon I've done besides that is a rewatch of Hyouka in one weekend.
>>
>>143089603
This, and all of the last 70 episodes of Hunter X Hunter (2011).
>>
All 4 season of Zero no Tsukaima
>>
I don't know what my record is, but watching six episodes of Endless Eight sure FELT like the longest
>>
Some 30 episodes per day.
That doesn't happen often though and usually only when I'm going through some shonen shit.
>>
>>143088707
I don't remember. The first season of digimon was the last time I did it but I used to watch a lot of anime in one sitting so I can't be sure. Probably some season of naruto or precure were the longest.
I miss having the time to marathon shit
>>
>>143088707
Ghost in the Shell, Ghost in the Shell 2, Stand alone complex season 1 and 2 then solid state society.
>>
>>143089603
I did it in four days like the weakling i am
>>
I can't marathon animu for shit, 7-8 episodes a day is my limit and 4 is the perfect number if I actually want to enjoy it. I can read a lot in one sitting though, I went through entirity of Berserk in 2 days when I discovered the series 2 years ago
>>
>>143088707

Most I ever watched in a row was 12, with Death Note. I was so pissed at the end of episode 25 that I refused to go to sleep until that fucker went down.It wasn't worth it.
>>
>>143088707
The only anime I've ever marathoned was Stein's;gate when it aired. I started watching when it had 20 episodes subbed, IIRC, and I stopped the marathon on the 21st.

Chuu chuu
>>
Kaiji's second season.
>>
>>143089603
This but i think it was only from episode 37 or 27 to finish
>>
>>143092842
Same. It was like 1am when pachinko started, I told myself I'd go to bed when that arc ended.
>>
>>143092344
This. Can't watch anime for more than 4 eps at a time but I marathoned reading Dorohedoro and Hinamatsuri in 3 and 2 days, respectively.
>>
Watched all of NGE and EoE. Was my first anime. At the end I had something like tinnitus but with komm susser tod instead of ringing when ever I was in silence. I couldn't sleep for two days after.
>>
The last marathon I did was all of Princess Tutu. I went to work right after finishing it too.
>>
I started watching School Days and ended up going through the whole series in one afternoon. I knew the twist but wanted to know how it got to that point.
>>
>>143088707
I think my biggest one was entire Piccolo Jr. Saga in Dragon Ball in one day (30 episodes).

After that I've been watching 7 episodes of DBZ daily.

My biggest manga marathon was Tobaku Hakairoku Kaiji, read whole thing in one sitting. It kind of gives you a perspective on how I read Tobaku Mokushiroku Kaiji in one week, when I could've easily done the same in one day, granted, I had nothing to do on that day.
>>
I watched 19 episdoes of Macross 7 in a day
>>
>>143090490
That's nothing, I watched 4 seasons in one day.
>>
File: Cawfee-Ai Gochiusa.jpg (65 KB, 800x451) Image search: [Google]
Cawfee-Ai Gochiusa.jpg
65 KB, 800x451
>>143088707
A cawfee falls in love with a gween tea.

Unable to confess, she is gifted by a deus ex machina with the gween tea's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, she immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on her as well.

But, the next day, when she recounts the previous day's confessions to the gween tea, she only looks at her with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, she finds out that the gween tea she called is not the same gween tea she fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the gween tea's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the cawfee's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of CAWFEE.
>>
>>143088707
Not one series, but in my youth back in the late 90s when I was still in high school I would get dropped off at the local anime convention on a Friday and stay awake watching anime until I was picked up on Sunday afternoon. Things started to get weird Saturday night. I can't do that anymore now that I'm old.
>>
I usually never marathon, but I watched all of Code Geass in the two days before my exams.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-12-10-19h53m19s211.png (435 KB, 704x528) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-12-10-19h53m19s211.png
435 KB, 704x528
Something like 20-30 episodes of Gintama.
>>
>>143088707
140 episodes of One Piece.

Will never do that shit again.
>>
>>143089515
>>143092344
Sane people.

If I watch more than 5 in one sitting or more than 10 throughout the day, I find I just lose interest or can't even concentrate on what's going on at all. The most I've ever done is about 12 episodes of Gundam.
>>
I marathoned the beginning of Bleach all the way to the end of the Bount arc in four days and wanted to kill myself. I haven't watched the Bleach anime since.
>>
Cocoa needs my Cockoa.
>>
File: 5.jpg (92 KB, 869x1087) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
92 KB, 869x1087
>>143092842
>>143093185
>I told myself I'd go to bed when that arc ended
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.