[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New episode of Crystal tomorrow, so let's have a Sailor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 446568.gif (973 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
446568.gif
973 KB, 500x363
New episode of Crystal tomorrow, so let's have a Sailor Moon thread!
>>
>>143077413
Momoiro Clover Z version of the OP releases really soon. Looking forward to it since its my favorite version.
>>
Crystal is shit. 90s anime was way better.
>>
File: Usagi.jpg (188 KB, 699x887) Image search: [Google]
Usagi.jpg
188 KB, 699x887
I want to hug Usagi.
>>
Almost done with Sailor Moon R. Its amazing how much I don't remember of the show. Its also amazing how good the animation is after watching You're Under Arrest. Both shows are great. But the detail in Sailor Moon goes well beyond its production budget and character design. Like early Simpsons episodes.
>>
>>143079744
I agree.
This season of Crystal is miles better than what it originally was, but i'd watch the 90's anime over it anytime of the week.
I'm only watching Crystal because I never experienced the mangas storyline and I want to be surprised again.
>>
>>143081381
You know, rather than Crystal, I wish we could get a new Sailor Moon that is primarily based off the 90's anime, while using the good/interesting ideas of Crystal/the manga, with some original stuff.

The manga/Crystal isn't completely terrible, but the old anime has much more charm to it. Not to mention especially for the Inners, who barely get any time, while were more fleshed out in the old anime. Plus, Rei was much better in the old one.
>>
>>143081901
I guess that would have been a nice idea, too.
I wish they could've gotten the old staff to come back for this one. Can you imagine Ikuko Itoh designs if they were used for Crystal, and direction from Junichi Sato/Ikuhara? godtier stuff
Too bad they all left to do their own thing, and all that's left are some hacks.
>>
>>143081901

I'd rather we just got a new Mahou Shoujo by Junichi Sato. Sailor Moon was great as it was. We need to stop killing the best 90s series with reboots. I am afraid for the shit CardCaptor Sakura is about to go through.
>>
>>143082129
Well, you won't have to worry about shit animation with the new CCS, that's for sure.
Madhouse seems to be as great of a studio as they were 20 years ago.
Writing for it however might be something to worry about, modern CLAMP hasn't been doing too well lately, but try not to be too depressed about it.

And yeah I agree. It's nice seeing an anime adaption that's more faithful to the manga, which is something fans have been wanting for decades, but the laziness and sloppiness of Crystal felt like such an insult to me, even though i'm watching the new season right now and the animation is better, Crystal still leaves a very bittersweet taste in my mouth.
>>
File: 1452212546641.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1452212546641.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>143082271

Since this revival of CCS is a cash grab (just like Sailor Moon Crystal, Dragon Ball Super, Slayers R and etc), I kind of do need to worry. Not just animation quality but everything else. And as for CLAMP writing a good story, I don't think they ever have really. The anime adaptations of their stories have been better in every case except Tsubasa.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.