[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wish anime had more teenagers getting drunk.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
I wish anime had more teenagers getting drunk.
>>
That shit doesn't happen anymore, even when it happens, OH SHIT IT WAS ORANGE JUICE AND WE WERE UNDER PLACEBO LOL

The only times it happens is in manga and in shojo where it justifies the rape date parts.
>>
>>143061143
You say it as if it's a new thing
I remember watching some late 90s show err what was the name
Oh yes Sexy Commando Gaiden: Sugoiyo!! Masaru-san
Anyway, they have a relatively big segment about teenagers drinking alcohol and after various things happen one character literally popped up and asked if it really was alcohol
The scene is very short and happens after all events, but it's still there
>>
>>143061787
>err what was it's name
Jesus Christ kill yourself
>>
I think the last time I remember this happening was in Azumanga Daioh
>>
>>143061909
It happened in Clannad After Story too. But even that's 2004.
>>
>>143061853
that's a really odd advice, anon
Jesus has free revives
>>
>>143061986

Oh, right the scene where Nagisa got drunk. I can't remember if GTO did something like this, definitely seems like it would've happened in that series.
>>
I recall Nichijou doing it.
>>
>but we're underage! We mustn't!
>>
>>143062093
>>143061986
>>143061909
Hyouka had Chitanda getting drunk off brandy chocolate. And i´m pretty sure the nephew of the headmaster in GTO did drugs/alcohol but i can´t 100% remember.
>>
is there some law against showing underage drinking in Japan because you see the drunk off OJ in their media so much.

you can show them drunk but not drinking is kind of dumb.
>>
File: 8.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>>143060587
I wish anime had more Mylene
>>
Last time I remember seeing it was in Kawai Complex, that was 2014 I believe.

>>143064629
There is no law about it, it's more of a "common decency" thing that anime companies do, same with loli fanservice, you can show it, nothing is in place to stop you but it's almost always cut or toned down a lot nowadays.
>>
>>143064427
That'sd a good thing. In some countries, kids try to stop drinking at an age japanese are starting..

Also, I think manga is a bit more lenient but even then they have to hide it a little.
>>
>>143062113
They didn't actually have alcohol.
>>
File: 1366058339141.png (300 KB, 469x540) Image search: [Google]
1366058339141.png
300 KB, 469x540
>>143064427
Sure, if a character is a nerdy little shit, I can see him refusing to drink when offered because he's underage. That's realistic.

But in some examples it's just retarded. Like in Gundam 00, a character that's literally a terrorist waging a war against all the governments of Earth doesn't drink alcohol with his fellow terrorists because he's underage? Fuck you.
>>
>>143062093
>>143061986
Nagisa was of-age in After Story, even though she doesn't look it.
>>
>>143064919
this must be the Japanese equivalent to American shows avoiding sex.

;"you can show chainsaws carnage and gore but no sex"

in Japan

"you can show bodies exploding inside out but no underage drinking"
>>
>>143064942
How long was that after graduation? I know she was legal but I thought she was just a late teen.
>>
>>143065015
>American shows avoiding sex.
Have you ever seen an american show?

I honestly don't know where this "America is prude" meme came from. Sex happens all the time on TV, even in family sitcoms and especially if they're late night dramas.
>>
>>143065039
I don't remember if its explicitly stated in the show, but in the VN they talk about how Nagisa's "finally" old enough to drink with her dad, which would make her 20.

I don't blame you for being confused though, the sense of time in After Story anime is really weird.
>>
File: krr345z-01.jpg (145 KB, 946x914) Image search: [Google]
krr345z-01.jpg
145 KB, 946x914
>>143060587

I remember there was an episode of Keroro's last season where they make a year's end party with a totally non alcoholic space drink that makes everyone drunk, including Fuyuki and Natsumi.

Giroro then finds out that the beverage they had drunk actually causes everyone to act like that, so it's basically alcoholic, but it's fine since it says "non-alcoholic" on the label.
>>
>>143065015
>American shows avoiding sex
What?
>>
File: 1353313633728.gif (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1353313633728.gif
1 MB, 640x480
>>143064663
Gamlin is better.
>>
AnoNatsu did it but with some bullshit mystery juice bullshit.
>>
Minami-ke did it with real alcohol disguised as juice.
>>
They did it in Shokugeki no Souma although a character asked what it was they insisted it was "rice juice".
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.