[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Wings of Honneamise Literally the greatest anime film of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: kino.jpg (121 KB, 620x445) Image search: [Google]
kino.jpg
121 KB, 620x445
>Wings of Honneamise
Literally the greatest anime film of all time. A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.

>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann
All bullshit that panders to waifufags with no standards.

What happened to Gainax?
>>
>>143032523
was kinda preachy with the "humanity sucks" message tho

also
>complaining about the pandering of Gainax
>>
>>143032523
It didn't make shit and they had to invent the Gainax bounce in Gunbuster to save the company.
>>
>>143032644
I didn't get that message, especially with the montage of human achievements at the end.
>>
>>143032523
as much as i enjoyed the movie, the rape scene was too much for me and left a bitter taste in my mouth. i still rate the movie poorly simply for that.
>>
>>143033940
I think it was him realising that humans are just a little part in the universe and how amazing it is that we exist and live, so he says that speech to all of humanity when he reaches space.
>>
>>143034296
That's not necessarily negative, though.
>>
>>143034161
yeah, even if he was in a low point, you canĀ“'t have much sympathy with the character after that.
>>
>>143032523
>>143034161
I liked the rape scene. It made the MC feel more human and relatable.

>>143033940
>>143032644
yeah, the ending felt strange. It just felt like there wasn't any message throughout the movie, and they just tacked one on at the end
>>
>>143033940
The message was that humans are small and fragile and petty but also amazing and awe-inspiring and beautiful. Life is everything there is and was, and it's insignificant on a cosmic scale but that doesn't mean it's insignificant to us. Also it's jumbled and messy because Gainax wanted to be deep and end their movie on a somber note but their writers have always had trouble sticking the landing so it comes off as somewhat confusing and aimless. OP is just making a bait thread, all the other things he listed are still amazing works by Gainax, but Honneamise really is probably their most adult movie as well as the most subtle. It doesn't make it better than the others, just a very different tone from the studio that got known as personifying adolescence for better or worse.
>>
>>143032523
> Aoki Uru never
>>
>>143032523
The last half hour was truly 10/10.

But honestly the rest was just boring and getting depressing, the character development was evident but somehow felt hollow because there wasn't really something trascedent to make it happen.

The rape scene also felt out of place because there was really no prior evidence of an existencial or sentimental breakdown to drive the MC do a thing like that in front of a child, I laughed.

Engineers would rate this movie 10/10 because they're akward people.
>>
File: 1420661427787.png (154 KB, 283x284) Image search: [Google]
1420661427787.png
154 KB, 283x284
>calling it a rape scene

He was just being a little forceful. Just because it's not making love with hand-holding doesn't mean it's rape
>>
>>143032523
>What happened to Gainax?
Brain drain. Most of Ganiax's talent is now with Anno's Khara and Imaishi's Trigger.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.