[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DMP IS DEAD >Digital Manga Inc. (DMI) announced via press
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: digitalmangalogo.jpg (68 KB, 1038x300) Image search: [Google]
digitalmangalogo.jpg
68 KB, 1038x300
DMP IS DEAD
>Digital Manga Inc. (DMI) announced via press release on Friday that Libre Publishing has ended its publishing agreement with DMI, and the agreement will end at the end of this month.
>DMI added that the separation will affect Ayano Yamane's Finder series and Kazuma Kodaka's Kizuna series. DMI originally licensed both manga in 2010. DMI published the seventh volume of Finder (pictured at right) in November 2014, and will not publish the eighth volume. DMI published all of the Kizuna series in six omnibus volumes in 2010-2012
>>
>Libre Publishing granted rights to DMI for almost 70 manga titles, including: Hinako Takanaga's The Devil's Secret, Naduki Koujima's Our Kingdom, and volumes of Makoto Tateno's Yellow series
>"We are stunned and saddened that Libre has chosen to end our publishing agreement and included ongoing titles like Finder," DMI president Hikaru Sasahara said in the press release. "We believe this is especially unfair to English reader fans since we know it will mean they will not be able to support the artists or publishers and may have to resort to scanlations." DMI's press release additionally calls Libre's termination of the agreement "unjust."
>>
forgot link- http://archive.is/rRZ0b
>>
Unjust? It's business — fuck off, weeb.
>>
>>143024686
oh no! not a bunch of titles i've never heard of from a publisher i've never heard of!
>>
>>143025036
Project-H is owned by them
>>
>>143024686
>>143024708
No one cares.
>>
>>143025219
>not caring about Kodomo no Jikan
>>
>>143025333
I care about KnJ. How will this news affect that Kickstarter to which I would be happy to provide a link?
>>
>>143025518
because if dmp goes out of business it means no official release
>>
>>143025036
>oh no! not a bunch of titles i've never heard of from a publisher i've never heard of!

this means you have good taste.

>Libre Publishing is a Japanese boys love manga publishing company.
>>
>>143025582
>Libre Publishing is a Japanese boys love manga publishing company.
And nothing of value was lost
>>
>>143025577
Well, I don't care about Kodomo no Jikan, but I would be sad if they can't finish the Kimagure Orange Road translations.
>>
>>143025062
and if Project H goes down, that leaves fakku for physical translated hentai manga books (inb4 BS)
>>
File: 1391080899964.jpg (77 KB, 887x1097) Image search: [Google]
1391080899964.jpg
77 KB, 887x1097
>>143026579
>fakku having a monopoly on the Hentai market
>>
>>143026732
Wasn't that what they pretty much wanted in the first place?
>>
File: i215949.png (153 KB, 247x350) Image search: [Google]
i215949.png
153 KB, 247x350
>>143025987
I feel for you, pal. They canceled the Vampire Hunter D manga a while ago, had to buy volume 8 in French (don't speak it but I get what's going on since I read the novels).
>>
>>143027034
The only way to make /a/ care is blame Daiz for this.
>>
Good. English publishers are the worst thing that could've ever happened to translated BL manga. They either prey on popular titles, delay them for months, and force people to resort to shitty ch/en scanlations, or pick up stuff nobody's ever heard about killing any chance the series had to gather attention in the west.

Hopefully this kills them off for good.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.