[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else read this WN?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
Something called "Goblin Kingdom" "Goblin no Oukoku" for weaboos

MC is a goblin, immediately after birth he's thrown into the wild and told not to come back without food. When he returns, the chief of his primitive village beats him for being too slow. But then, he gets his chance to usurp the chief, and swears to never bow his head to anyone ever again.

Everything's been done pretty well so far, it's avoided most of the major pitfalls I've seen in similar works.

>So the MC's got to be OP right?
Nope, he's just a goblin. A particularly strong example of a goblin, sure, but he's still a goblin. He can't take more than three or four weaker monsters attacking at the same time, and fights with stronger opponents (like orcs or wolves) often leave him on the edge of death.

>Then what's his special snowflake power?
If he's got one, it's either increased xp growth or resistance to mental status effects.

>Then there must be some kind-hearted greater power that saw through his appearance and is giving him a leg up, right?
If by "kind-hearted greater power" you mean "the goddess of death" and by "is giving him a leg up" you mean "is trying to make him into her plaything", then sure.

>This guy must have revolutionized the goblins' technology and culture then.
Yeah, he calls his innovations "pitfall traps" and "teamwork".

>Since he's a goblin, I suppose then we'll be seeing lots of sadism and villainy there.
Nah, sure you have to be brutal to survive as a goblin, but that doesn't mean acting like a cliche villian

>Oh, then he's foisting human morals on them?
The only thing he's done is to get rid of the human sex slaves - and even then he forces human prisoners to do the sort of skilled labor goblins are incapable of. And he leads from the front.

>You mean he personally kills all the bad guys to save all the goblins, right?
No, he loses a lot of them. Not even the minor characters are immune.

Just realized I was ranting.
>>
>>143019801
Sounds pretty boring desu
>>
>>143019801
>draw a midget orc
>call it a goblin

Racists

Does sound interesting though, just recently got through another Stix gameplay and really in to green midgets.
>>
>character is a monster
>isn't a cliche villain

Trash book is trash, I don't want to read about some monster apologist who makes friends with humans while killing everything else with no issue.
>>
Sounds pretty cool.
>>
Awful, it'll only be truly realistic if he he's killed in the first battle and the series ends, anything more is mc plot armor.
>>
>>143022310
>I don't want to read about some monster apologist who makes friends with humans while killing everything else with no issue.
No problem there. He's got no problem killing humans if they're a threat. That includes refugee farmers that don't submit to his rule, which could potentially attract the human kingdom's attention. And his human prisoners are basically well-treated slaves. That actually puts them on the same level as a regular goblin...
>>
>>143019801
>Love Goblins
>All these goblin reincarnation stories are shit
Shit sucks. I just keep hoping we get goblins again in Lazy Dungeon Master.
>>
>>143019801
Re:Monster

It's shit and you're a retard for liking it, please fuck off
>>
>>143023301
>Re:Monster
>It's shit
I agree. Good thing we aren't talking about something completely different, though.
>>
>>143023521
That's funny that OP's post can be used to describe both of thoses.

I'm going to therefore assume Goblin Kingdom is also shit
>>
>>143023820
It's not as masturbatory, but it isn't that good either. I had hope when I first picked it up, but after some time I dropped it. It has a completely different set of problems to Re:Monster. The biggest of which is that it builds it's cast poorly. There's dozens of goblins with similar names and only a few of them stand out.
>>
>>143022738
>Awful, it'll only be truly realistic if he he's killed in the first battle and the series ends, anything more is mc plot armor.
First battle, he backstabs the old chief which got wounded by an orc (which got pushed back with swarm tactics from the entire village). Second battle, he lured a lone orc into a pit with the help of other goblins, then finished it off when it was trapped. Third battle, knocked over a small group of orcs with nets and tripwires, then the horde swarmed them.

The MC does an excellent job of using the goblins as a team to achieve things no single goblin can do.
>>
>>143023926
>There's dozens of goblins with similar names and only a few of them stand out.
Yeah, this is more or less the story of a single individual, everyone else is just 'part of his group'. Although in the more recently-translated chapters (starting around 40 or so) the author has been developing the other characters' motivations, and there's been entire chapters from other peoples' points of view. Also the MC realizes the naming problem, and gives his lead men some fancy surnames.
>>
File: reading.jpg (192 KB, 887x425) Image search: [Google]
reading.jpg
192 KB, 887x425
Can we have some light novel time here?

What are you guys reading?
>>
>>143019801
it's just isekai trash
>>
File: 1465797678685.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1465797678685.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
>>143024425
>gokigenyou
Hell yeah.
Gokigenyou motherfucker
>>
>>143024425
>>143024583
>gokigenyou
>Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu
>Reincarnated into the stuck up ojousama villain of a shoujo manga.
What? How does that even work?
>>
File: 4chin.jpg (93 KB, 534x662) Image search: [Google]
4chin.jpg
93 KB, 534x662
>>143024803
>play dating sim for girls
>try to capture the hearts of young masters
>alpha bitch tries to cuck you
>holy shit she's a bitch
>at the end of the game she loses everything
>HA deserved it bitch
>reincarnate as that bitch
>>
File: shit taste.png (31 KB, 800x667) Image search: [Google]
shit taste.png
31 KB, 800x667
>>143024425
>>
>>143025317
>Afrifueta
All opinions immediately voided.
>>
>>143025317
>>Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu
What is wrong with your font rendering?
>>
>reading about gobbos
why?
>>
>>143026438
Gobs is good.
>>
>>143024425
>My House is a Magic Power Spot
Shit should be called, "I Fucked my House and Woke up in the Morning to discovered it had given birth to a small compound."

I just know this this is going to degenerate into the worst kind of harem nonsense where the main girl ( the guy's house ), pushes him into relationships with other women because she wants him to have regular kids to live in their house children.
>>
>>143025317
What is this
>>
>>143028176
Shitty taste in light novels.
Or do you mean where is it? NovelUpdates, it's their reading list.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.