[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The moment Nasu chooses Saber/Merlin romance over Saber/Shirou
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10
File: 1466166919544.jpg (39 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1466166919544.jpg
39 KB, 800x600
The moment Nasu chooses Saber/Merlin romance over Saber/Shirou will be the moment this franchise dies for /a/. We always loved Fate for that charming and naive romance. Ridiculous things like King Arthur falling in love with the MC is what made FSN fun and memorable. If you take that away - there will be nothing left.
>>
Anon, waifus are bad. You're supposed to leave your Servant waifu after growing with her for a real girl.

It's unhealthy can't you see? Escapism is bad XD
>>
>>143006080
Kill yourself, Saberfag. Saber is the worst FSN girl and Saber/Shirou is the worst romance.

Ufotable shows that F/SN is perfectly fine without the cancer called 'Fate route'.
>>
>>143006080
fuck this cancer
>>
>>143006080
>Nasu chooses Saber/Merlin romance over Saber/Shirou
This will literally never happen.
>>
>>143006803
Garden Of Avalon
>>
>>143006080
>We
I don't give a shit. I only read it for Ilya and Kotomine.
>>
>>143006803
Saber and Shirou isn't even romantic most of the times. It's a mother and son relationship to Nasu.
>>
>>143006873
See: >>143006404

UBW > Fate > HF
>>
>>143006404
Saber isn't the worst FSN girl, but I agree about the romance part. She's better as mentor while she has her own love interest and not a teenager who could have been her son.
>>
>>143006938
I don't know why Saber gets so much hate from fans. Rin had no personality at all, Sakura was so Sue-ish she was bordering on a parody, but Saber, at her core, was a pretty deep character. True, Nasu spends 80% of the time making her look like an average animoo waifu gushing over plushies and going "I-It's not because I like you or anything", but the dramatic moments in her story? I think they're pretty good, especially in comparison to the others there. It's a very interesting interpretation of the King Arthur myth, and while many people seem overly eager to focus on the fact that "in this one Arthur is a woman", the real deal with it is "in this one, Arthur hates his job". There are parallels drawn between Saber and Shirou with their obsession with matching an unrealistic standard (being a superheroe/being the king England deserves) and Saber's backstory shows that trying to become that person ultimately destroyed her. She's remembered as one of the greatest legends of all time but she was never truly happy her entire life, and millennia after her death her only wish is still that someone else would've pulled the sword from the stone because she wasn't good enough. It's absolutely tragic that after all she did for her people, the only thing that was on her mind in the end was "not enough".

It plays into the Fate route's theme of having to grow up from fairytales. This is why its default ending is so distant and emotionally disappointing. It shows you that living the life of a legend can only end in dying a death that is beautiful, but meaningless to yourself. And it plays into one of the central themes of the Arthurian mythos, which is of Arthur as an ideal. Whether or not he was a man, or an adult, or even real, Arthur was the dutiful king, living and dying for his people. Whether or not there was Camelot, there was the idea of Camelot. There was the Kingdom of Chivalry. There was the Enchantment of Britain.
>>
>>143007011
I actually recently replayed the entire VN a few months ago.

Rin is the best girl on her own.
Saber has the best romance out of the girls.
Sakura is the only girl where the ero scenes fit in well with the story.

Fate is the comfiest route on a replay.
>>
>>143007011
Yeah, I don't get it either. The gender thing aside, I read F/SN and was treated to a pretty interesting character that used the King Arthur history well. That Fate route ending.
>>
>>143007011
Arturia's relationship with Shirou is fantastic as parallel and mentor, however I'm not sure I buy their romance. Nasu had a trouble with it too calling the idea of Arturia falling for him as "ridiculous." I think if he hadn't been forced to add romance, it would have played better as Saber reaching catharsis of saving a boy she saw as a child surrogate for her loss (mordred) and Shirou reaching his for making proud and be encouraged by a new parental figure for his loss of Kiritsugu.
>>
File: anon_is_a_fag.webm (1 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
anon_is_a_fag.webm
1 MB, 900x506
>>143006080
>falling for typememe waifu shit
>liking things only because of waifu
>being deluded to think everyone fell for your waifu shit

typememe needs new original material and grow up from saber clones just like you Anon should also
>>
Saber/Shirou was the worst romance and Nasu admitted it. Absolutely forced shit. And I really like both as characters and think there are special qualities to their relationship, but any and all romantic aspects of that relationship feel completely out of place and legitimately cheapen an otherwise spectacular partnership.
>>
>>143007011
Holy shit I love this post. I like you anon.

>>143007122
Nasu seems lately to be a dumbass x10. Also seems to be not too fond of people waifuing Heroic Spirits for whatever reason. Probably more of the "NEETS are bad, our population" crap.
>>
>>143007190
These are my thoughts >>143007122 I actually loved Last Episode, however, because I felt it would be different between them if Shirou was older. I'm fine with EMIYA and Saber too because I can easily see Shirou nursing a crush and Arturia maybe returning it when he's suffering the same as her.

All things considered, Merlin is her best match.
>>
>>143007212
He has no problems with 'waifuing' heroic spirits, but there was something about that particular couple he didn't like.
>>
>>143006404
>>143006925
This.
>>
>>143006849
And there is stated that they wasn't in love. They don't understand human love, Saber wanted to be more humane but she don't know how express her feelings. You should actually read all GoA and not only one sentence.
>>
>>143006404
>Saber is the worst FSN girl
debatable

>Saber/Shirou is the worst romance
neck yourself rinfag
>>
File: 1459096431383.png (89 KB, 244x237) Image search: [Google]
1459096431383.png
89 KB, 244x237
>idolizing what amounts to babby's first waifu
>used goods (by MC's dad, no less, fucking weird)

saber's just as simple and boring as fate shirou; it's a progression:

fate -
provides basic exposition, lays out the cast, lays out shirou's stupid ideal, he's allowed to hold on to it because of literal plot armor that stitches him up whenever his stupid numbnuts ideal gets him bisected

ubw -
slap in the face for shirou, confronted with a literal version of himself who followed all the way through on SEIGI NO MIKATA and got what's waiting for him at the end; we see that simple refutation isn't enough to dissuade shirou, because he is just THAT stubborn and pigheaded.

hf -
shirou is actually forced to weigh his "i wanna save everyone" baby dream against "i REALLY wanna save this one specific person", becomes a fucking grown-up where kiritsugu became a needless martyr, chooses to prioritize what's important to him as opposed to the vague, nebulous impossibility of prioritizing what's important to everyone else, actually moves beyond "i have nothing inside me but what i lifted from kerry's pockets"

saber a shit, rin a bitch, wormslut a best
>>
>>143009331
>not sticking by your ideals to the end
Meh. I like it better that he becomes a Heroic Spirit and gets his waifu after death kind of a deal.
>>
>>143009574
the epilogue only happens in realta nua, and was only added because of whiny saberfags/nasu wanted arc 2.0 to be the face of the series

it's double-dipping; shirou has his cake and eats it too, and all his agonizing over who to save means dick-all. saber's most fitting end is sitting around, bleeding out against that tree for however long the universe wants to yank her around, because that's the consequence of her wanting to be jesus christ instead of an actual leader. she's perfect for fate shirou in that regard, but both of 'em are defective humans
>>
>>143009819
>but both of 'em are defective humans
I don't see how. What's a working human to you than?
>>
Depends on what Takeuchi chooses, really
>>
File: 1459196464646.jpg (4 MB, 4903x6972) Image search: [Google]
1459196464646.jpg
4 MB, 4903x6972
I just want my Saber-chan to be happy!!
>>
>>143006080
>We always loved Fate for that charming and naive romance. Ridiculous things like King Arthur falling in love with the MC is what made FSN fun and memorable.
Not for everyone. I always hated Shirou's guts for downgrading Saber into a generic moeblob.

Saber sucks at fighting but her pride and dedication made her worth watching sometimes. Fuck Shirou.
>>
>>143009331
wormslut a shit
>>
>>143010084

>anime onlys still don't realise Saber is canonically stronger than gilgamesh every time they fight even with a crippling disadvantage

>or that she's acts like a fucking psycho through most of the plot

such is life of people who don't like to read I guess

really what the fuck happened to the ending of Zero anime?
>>
File: 1464745870841.jpg (153 KB, 547x800) Image search: [Google]
1464745870841.jpg
153 KB, 547x800
>>143009941
someone with their own wants, desires, and dreams that don't involve martyrdom for the sake of martyrdom, and aren't lifted wholesale from others

that's why HF shirou comes closest to being not-broken; he's able to say "there are a select few people that i care about deeply, and i value them more than i really should, if i'm working under the assumption that 1 human life= another human life" and act accordingly

he's able to act on something that HE wants for himself, instead of obsessing over his impossible superman fantasy

>>143010104
>educated prostitute
>better at cooking than shirou
>demure and respectful, but can be feisty and assertive
>endlessly loyal, deeply in love with shirou
>worm-free at the end of HF
only negative is she can't get pregs on account of worm damage, but then can shirou 2.0 even knock people up?
>>
File: Saber_stays_in_the_kitchen.jpg (435 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
Saber_stays_in_the_kitchen.jpg
435 KB, 750x1000
>>143010330
Still gets sent to the kitchen by Shirou in HF. Who cares.
>>
>>143010084
>downgrading Saber into a generic moeblob

This isn't what happened at all. The fuck?
>>
>>143010478
>Haven't watched Fate Zero.
There a notorious and disgusting difference on Saber Pre and Post Shirou.

Zero Saber was way cooler and more interesting before she went "uguu I like plush lions".
>>
>>143006080
NTR route when?
>>
>>143010657
How old are you?
>>
>>143010657
Most of the stuff in the vn was better than zero.

Zero Rider and Kiritsugu are garbage though.
>>
>>143010742
Enough to use my magic powers on you.
>>
Is this yet another attempt to try and downplay Saber's status as King of the Nasuverse?

Cause Garden of Avalon makes it clear Merlin and Saber aren't in romantic love. It's really just a close friendship

You know, like the real King Arthur and Merlin
>>
>>143010657
>Zero Saber
>cool

>The Saber that gets thrown in her face that she acts like a little girl that knows shit and talks stupid things about chivalry, something she never does in F/SN
>>
>>143010793
So 14? 17? 16? 19?
>>
I'm watching Shirou fighting Archer right now, what a shitty dialogue, I hope both of them have a horrible death.
>>
>>143011065
They both get hung, if that's what you mean
>>
>>143010657
I think you're missing the point though. Fate/Zero Saber was her just being a remorseful King Arthur that wanted the Grail to save her country. The story never changed that, and even her more relaxed moments involve her being chivalrous (be it through her interactions with Iri or with Lancer).

In Fate, though she remains a remorseful King Arthur, her wish is now different, since it isn't simply about saving her people, but about removing herself as King and thus from history.
Fate is about Saber rediscovering that side of her she had kept hidden under armour even since she pulled the sword from the stone. The story is about her rediscovering herself as Arturia the normal girl who simply wanted to protect her people (no ideals about Perfect Kings and the like). Her relationship with Shirou (though sadly written as an early 2000s galge) allowed Saber find a side of her she had long forgotten and even a part of her she hadn't even discovered. Saber connecting with her past, and her witnessing Shirou's resolve allowed her to value her own actions and choices and thus put her past to rest.

In fact, Saber's story mirrors Archer/Shirou's in many ways, since both King Arthur and Archer have decided (though with different motivations) to remove her past self from history, and they only changed her mind through experiencing her own past behaviour, resolve and ideals.

Though some scenes seem ridiculous as her wanting plush lions or her wanting to wear things Shirou chose for her, the scenes are meant to show Saber leading a semi-normal life, and this is what allowed her to be in touch with her Arturia side.

Mind you, I agree the whole thing can be written a lot better, but in the end F/sn is a galge written in the early 2000s and thus the developments couldn't be helped. Hell, it's not as if the relationships with Rin and Sakura were good either. Though I have to admit his relationship with Rin at least came off as a bit more natural than the other two.
>>
>>143011065
>watching
I hope you have a horrible death.
>>
>>143010788
>Zero Rider
>Anything but awesome
Delete this post.

>>143010956
He doesn't know.

>>143010843
Funny because its in F/SN when do act like a little girl. Zero Saber was misguided but her convictions were strong and gad a chance to behave like what she is. A Servant and a knight. Her chivalrious rivalry with Lancer was cool and her dedication to serve and protected Irisviel more engaging than any interaction she had with Shirou. Even the verbal smackdown she got from Rider made her more interesting than just jobbing, looking cute and getting put in dresses. That's right, she even got humiliated better in Zero.
>>
>>143011219
Is the manga/ln any better?
>>
>>143011337
>manga
>ln
Just get out and never come back.
>>
>>143011331
Sorry, I lost all my respect for him after the dinner/banquet/whatever. I started to think of him as nothing but an hypocrite.

Allthough a few of his scenes were good. His last charge towards gil for example.
>>
>>143011197
The thing is that I don't see what's so bad about her chivalrious side. I think it fits her very well, she's graceful, humble and dedicated while also fierce and loyal. But F/SN insist on shitting on it saying that its wrong and that Saber should be more waifu like. That's partly why I loved Zero. It removed that diabethic cutesy side from her and allowed me to see Saber being the awesome person F/SN describes her as but never show.
>>
>>143011331
>Zero Saber was misguided but her convictions were strong and gad a chance to behave like what she is.
What? Saber was more focused about winning the war at the beginning of F/sn than her actions in Zero, In Zero, during her first battle, she went on about chivalry with Diarmuid and this put her in a severe disadvantage throughout the whole war until Diarmuid let go of the curse so that they could stop Caster.

In F/sn, Saber was ready to kill Cu, Archer, Herc and Kojirou right off the bat. She did well against all of them but Berserker due to shitty prana resources from Shirou.

In Zero Saber gor treated by a retard by pretty much everyone, and after her meeting with Iskander and Gil, and especially after her fight with Lancelot she was such a fucking lame mess, it was actually painful to see her.

In F/sn even when she got her ass handed to her by Herc and Gil she actually got plenty of respect throughout the story, and even got to beat those two when she got the chance.
>>
>>143011536
so the whole series is shit? k

if you want to talk about something else go to /v/
>>
>>143011810
google "fate stay night"
>>
>>143011600
>The thing is that I don't see what's so bad about her chivalrious side.
There's nothing wrong with it, but the point is her chivalry couldn't save her from drowning on her self-imposed idea of being a Perfect King.
The only thing that could save her from that was her reconnecting with her past self.

Notice that by the end of Fate, Saber was able to do what Alexander wanted her to (i.e. to show respect to herself and her history as a hero), but she couldn't reach that point until she found someone just like her, who allowed her to see what it was to dream about justice, being able to witness the innocence and nobility her original wish (as Arturia) held.
>>
>>143011600
What's bad is that she over does the chivalry to the point she throws away her happiness for it. The whole point of the date was to show she's capable of having fun but reject it for her ideals. There's nothing wrong with being happy either, it's not like she sits the climax out, she's fighting just like Shirou.
If you loved Zero because it allowed you to see Saber being awsome, you missed the entire point of Zero. She was so blinded by who she thought she had to be that it completely broke her by the end of it.
>>
>>143011545
Why do people like that scene again? It was just Iskandar hypocritically shitting on Saber while the narrative pretends he's actually right.
>>
>>143011842
so shit, thanks.
>>
>>143010837
It's just a cuck shitposting over and over again.
>>
>>143006849
What's the tl;dr?
>>
File: 47853117_p0 - Copy.jpg (1 MB, 1772x2507) Image search: [Google]
47853117_p0 - Copy.jpg
1 MB, 1772x2507
I'm an old baka senpai and need help. Does anybody have a link to the old version of the Fate/Stay Night VN? The one where it was the game and the patch was already included and none of this stupid Realta Nua, filecracking and shit just for something so simple as voices or extra sex scenes that I just skip anyway. It would be appreciated.

I wanted to replay it this summer, found out I lost it after all these years and can't seem to find a download link for that old version.
>>
>>143006849
Is it translated yet?
>>
File: saber hmph.png (230 KB, 624x532) Image search: [Google]
saber hmph.png
230 KB, 624x532
It's amazing how widely misunderstood Saber's character is across FZ and FSN. It's not like it's really all that complicated.
>>
>>143011990
Some parts are. On beasts lair.
>>
>>143011985
Realta Nua is superior though, especially if you don't care about the sex scenes because they were, you know, taken out. There's lots of extra CGs for the fights and stuff.
>>
>>143011985
...but you just have to drag and drop folders, there is no file cracking
>>
>>143011197
>Hell, it's not as if the relationships with Rin and Sakura were good either. Though I have to admit his relationship with Rin at least came off as a bit more natural than the other two.

Eh, Rin had a more ideal type of atmosphere, because other than being a magus and the.

She had more luck than Saber or Sakura had, and Sakura had the worst luck of all, despite trying her hardest to live normally. So it ends up just being something to judge their relationship compatibility with Shirou.

Saber is good as friends or lovers with Shirou, but has a sharp bit of idolatry on Shirou's side with Saber, which can be problematic in a relationship. Saber is more of a guide to Shirou than a romantic partner, but that isn't to say it disqualifies romance.

Rin seems like a good balance, but Shirou kind of idolizes Rin too. There is the whole thing of the two becoming master and apprentice as well. But altogether it's a relationship that seems to be from the outside, the ideal "battle couple" type people flock to.

Shirou and Sakura are the most laid back, Shirou is extremely frank with Sakura, while he is more outwardly formal with Rin and Saber. And though Sakura has the senpai adoration, treats him rather informally at times too, something that catches him off guard from her normal personality. Like she would be the one who most likely will be most straightforward of the two romantically, despite how some describe her as shy or demure.
>>
>>143011738
>chivalry with Diarmuid
I liked that it showed her grace and respecto and earned the admiration and envy of another great but disgraced knight like Lancer.

>Treated as a retard by pretty much everyone
4th HGW was full of nasty people including her master. Especially her master. Rider and Gil had somewhat valid points, though. That's why Saber is misguided.

>F/sn Saber got plenty if respect from the story.
You mean from the narration. It annoyed me to no end how she was hyped by everything and everyone as this larger than life being when all it was shown was your archetypical "cute girl tries to ve though because muh past but must learn to be more feminine to be truly happy" waifu stereotype. Plus in her few desicive victory she need a lot of assistance. Saber may had her downs in Zero but i truly appreciated how independent she seemed. Also that most of her failures were product of intrigue, traps and deception rather than just sucking in a fight.
>>
>>143011998

That's because she's a total moron in F:Z/SN

>muh country
>muh loyalty
>muh inability to lead men

She'd be a more interesting character if she wasn't a shitty genderbent spin off of a mythological being.
>>
>>143012044
I'm about as talented at this as Rin is with a blu ray player. Too be quite honest I had no idea that blu ray players could record until I watched that scene in Carnival Phantasm.
>>
>>143012068
>but must learn to be more feminine to be truly happy
What did he mean by this?

Saber and Shirou never hook up in UBW but she still finds her answer.
>>
File: gil1.jpg (35 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
gil1.jpg
35 KB, 960x540
>>143011864
>If you loved Zero because it allowed you to see Saber being awsome, you missed the entire point of Zero. She was so blinded by who she thought she had to be that it completely broke her by the end of it.
But anon. That's also part of what makes her awesome.
>>
>>143012110
Was this meant to be a compelling argument?
>>
>>143011888
>while the narrative pretends he's actually right
The narrative in F/SN prettends a lot of stuff about Saber as well so its even.
>>
>>143012128

I think it seems more that living for herself and not worrying so much about duty might be the core facet he was going with. Becoming more feminine might be his way if saying she should start caring for herself instead of just focusing on her duty.
>>
>>143006080
can you faggots not make a containment thread for your chuuni faggotry?
>>
>>143012111
Also what the fuck is an LAV filter? Why do I need it?
>>
>>143012223
Lol
>>
>>143012186
It is, but not because "It removed that diabethic cutesy side from her". Zero secondaries, I swear.
>>
>>143012198

No it's an opinion, just like every other post in this thread, use your fucking brain. Fateshit is a mess of arbitrarily mixed in mythology with boring ass sophistry. The fact that most people have no fucking clue what was going is evinced by the amount of threads this crap gets.
>>
>>143012277
Your opinion sucks and you're dumb
>>
>>143012128
>Saber and Shirou never hook up in UBW but she still finds her answer.
She still had the date with the plush lion and going to eat sweet potato while looking cute and playing baseball and shit.

Same shit only difference is that she got cucked by Taiga and Caster.
>>
>you have to set your PC to japanese as it's location and main language and shit to run the new Realta Nua version of F/SN
What the fuck? And what's this I'm readign about it not working in windows 10?
>>
>>143012265
>but not because "It removed that diabethic cutesy side from her"
It really is. Moe Saber is a mistake.
>>
>>143006080
>caring about saber/shirou romance
even nasu admited it was bad, move on anon
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.