[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Power levels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: over 9000.png (311 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
over 9000.png
311 KB, 640x480
Personally, i don't think power levels are bullcrap. I think its just the overall fighting ability of the characters.
>>
Who agrees/disagrees?
>>
It's power output and durability via ki.

The more you have, the more damage you can take and the more you can kickass.
If you let your guard down, you can get wrecked by anyone.
>>
>>143001606
lmao still doing rof damage control
>>
I thought the entirety of the Frieza saga was supposed to show how bullshit power levels are
>>
Good points
>>
>>143001682
Frieza Saga took powerlevels to a whole new level and transformations are an extension of that.
>>
>>143001682
Frieza saga proves that they matter.
>>
Oh cool! The more you know am i right? :D
Ok...
>>
>>143001634
>>
Power levels were just a system created for galactic soldiers. They don't really apply to skilled fighters from Earth. Like when Burter's scouter said Goku was 5000 while he was beating the shit out everyone.

I think that if you had a perfect scouter that could read any number without breaking, and you tried to use it on Buu, you would just get a bunch of random useless numbers which wouldn't help you at all.
>>
>>143001606
Power levels aren't just based on ki. Goku's power level went up when he took off his weighted clothing.
>>
>>143001838
That reminds me. Why didn't any of the Saiyan characters repeatedly put themselves near death and then heal to get a power boost? Like that image, Vegeta shows that he can be savvy enough to do so but this is the only such case of it happening. It would cut off a lot of time training by just putting yourself or others near death and instant revival with a senzu bean.
>>
>>143002054
pride

vegeta only did it when he was wildly desperate because there was absolutely no hope of any of them stopping frieza at that point
>>
>>143002054
Because that power-up stops happening after you turn Super Saiyan. Vegeta gets shitstomped twice in the Android Saga and never gets stronger. Same for Gohan in the Buu Saga. The only person to get a near-death boost after Namek was Cell, and he's very special.

After a certain point, torturing yourself is not enough to get stronger. Goku says exactly that when he left the Room of Spirit and Time early.
>>
>>143002143
Did we see any Saiyans experience near death after Frieza though? Each time Vegeta got one he was barely capable of moving after the beating he received (Goku, Zarbon, Recoome and then Krillin). The Android fight he got beat up pretty bad, but was still a far cry from deaths door like previous times.
>>
File: 200.jpg (366 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
200.jpg
366 KB, 1024x1536
>>143002263
Cell broke Vegeta's back, and Gohan got thrashed pretty hard by two of the Buus. Nothing as bad as having your abdomen disintegrated, but probably as bad as what Zarbon did to Vegeta.

Maybe it's just that as you get stronger only increasingly serious injuries can give you the boost, and by the Cell Saga the only person who can actually survive an injury that severe is Cell.
>>
>>143002424
Maybe they've just become so strong after the Frieza saga that the boost is irrelevant compared to their overall power level?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.