[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So me and my friends are currently watching One Piece and hoping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: One Piece.jpg (114 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
One Piece.jpg
114 KB, 620x388
So me and my friends are currently watching One Piece and hoping to catch up to modern day, I have a few questions if there's any helpful anons out there:
> What is the most current Funimation dubbed episode?
> Are there any films, specials, etc. that have been dubbed by Funimation?
> How often do they release more Funimation dubbed episodes and how do they do it?
>>
Do yourself a favor. Don't watch it. Read it. It is a much better experience.

inb4 >Dub
inb4 >One Piece
>>
File: mfw.jpg (296 KB, 615x459) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
296 KB, 615x459
>dub
>>
>>142987727
Yeah, call me crazy. I just like being able to understand what people say.
>>
>>142987643
Wow! I can't believe people still watch that anime. Toei's animation of the series is one of, if not, the worst animation possible. And people still dig this?
Or maybe newfags and just normal fags are all over the place?
Is it because it's summer?
Do us a favor and GTFO and stop giving cancer.
>>
File: Anon Disagrees.jpg (86 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
Anon Disagrees.jpg
86 KB, 500x628
>>142987982
>>
>>142987643
i do not know, but i'm sure you can find what you are looking for here
http://onepiecepodcast.com/category/one-piece-news/one-piece-anime-news/one-piece-dub-news/
>>
>>142987643
>What is the most current Funimation dubbed episode?
>Are there any films, specials, etc. that have been dubbed by Funimation?
>How often do they release more Funimation dubbed episodes and how do they do it?

Just use the fucking wiki, it lists episode numbers and release dates of DVDs/BDs

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/FUNimation_Entertainment/Episode_List_and_DVD_Releases
>>
I believe there is 470 episodes and counting dubbed along with all of the OVAs and movies up to that point. I watched all of it over the summer last year. Don't worry about everyone else bitching about dubs. My friend was a huge One Piece fan, and he wanted someone to talk about it with, so I watched it over the summer. I watched the dub so I could do other things while watching it (like vidya or building gunpla) and it wasn't that bad. I used to watch a lot of dubbed anime when I was younger,and as far as dibs go, it's pretty good. All of the funimation A-listers are in it and all in all, I enjoyed it. Only problem is it gets to a point where the first 7 minutes are just the theme (around episode 300 or so they start playing the full length theme) and recap, so I ended up skipping the first few minutes of each episode. I've heard the manga is vastly superior to the anime, but if this is something you just want to watch with some friends, give it a go.
>>
>>142988235
Ah, thanks bae.
>>
>>142988281
Also it usually gets updated in small chunks each month. From the end of last summer, to now, they have released around 80 episodes.
>>
> What is the most current Funimation dubbed episode?
I believe it's 470. Next month another set of episodes will be released and they'll be up to 480. And in September it'll be 491.

> Are there any films, specials, etc. that have been dubbed by Funimation?
They're dubbed movies 8 (sidenote that movie is an adaptation of one of the show's arcs), 12, and 14. And apparently there might also be plans to dub the 8th special, 3D2Y.

> How often do they release more Funimation dubbed episodes and how do they do it?
I believe a new set gets released every 1-3 months. Each set has 2 discs with usually about 6 episodes per disk. Sometimes less on the second like 5 episodes if it's the last set of a season and depending on which episode they end a season on.
>>
>>142988281
>>142988342
Thanks, good to know. Yeah, we decided to give it a good and surpisingly it's been pretty solid. We're up to episode 72. Which in only a month or so is pretty good.
>>
If you're at 72 now, you're going to notice a major change. Arcs are going to be much longer. The stops in between will be longer, sometimes you'll visit an area for a short time. But it's all part of one huge story line.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.