[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just tried watching the first episode of Baccano. I could not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Baccano Wallpaper8.jpg (497 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Baccano Wallpaper8.jpg
497 KB, 1600x1000
I just tried watching the first episode of Baccano. I could not for the life of me figure out what the fuck was supposed to be going on. I went to read a plot summary and suddenly it started making some kind of sense. But my first impression was that it was trying to substitute contextless ambiguity for depth. And dammit, the show should stand on its own.

Does it continue like that?
>>
>>142951877
Now watch the second you stupid fuck.

If you need summaries to make sense of it, you must be retarded by the way.
>>
I had to watch the first episode 3 times before I could convince myself to keep going, and I ended up loving it.

It literally doesn't even attempt to be deep, it's just jazzy non linear fun.
>>
Keep fucking watching, it'll all come together. And get out before you get spoiled.
>>
>>142951877
it makes more sense the more you watch, you ass.
>>
It's not supposed to make sense in the beginning. The story starts to take shape as the show goes along.
>>
OP hurry and get out before you get spoiled on THAT twist.
>>
Yeah, everyone more or less that reaction to first episode. It's pretty much pure nonsense on it's own without the later episodes.
>>
Spoiler: the train is alive
>>
File: firo_hat.jpg (22 KB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
firo_hat.jpg
22 KB, 704x400
It jumps around more than it strictly has to, but if you keep in mind the year shit's happening, it falls into place.
>>
I started enjoying it once I got used to the out of order story telling and started figuring out who was whom.
>>
>>142952005
I don't think it matters, I won't be watching any more. If its fans feel the need to make excuses for its shit storytelling, I think that tells me everything I need to know.
>>
File: gosick_train_roof.jpg (47 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gosick_train_roof.jpg
47 KB, 1280x720
>>142952042
RAIL TRACER!
>>
>>142951950
>It literally doesn't even attempt to be deep, it's just jazzy non linear fun.
This guy gets it.
This could be applied to so much shit.
>>
>>142951877
>watching Baccano!

It's a TERRIBLE as in 3/10 adaptation, it cuts content and it rushes content to a shameful degree.

It's a Tokyo Ghoul tier anime
>>
>>142952062
3-episode rule anon.
>>
>>142951877
you figure out what's happening pretty quickly as it goes on.

then it becomes a tedious slog to an obvious conclusion.
>>
>>142952100
No use in talking sense to a moron, anon.
>>
>>142952062
>shit storytelling
How dumb do you have to be to not be able to follow a few connected plotlines?
>>
>babby's first nonlinear storyline
Come on tbqh senpai
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.