[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people go on wikis or look for explanations on-line if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: end_of_evangelion.png (506 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
end_of_evangelion.png
506 KB, 900x506
Why do people go on wikis or look for explanations on-line if they don't get something in a film or series? Are these the same people that use walkthroughs for games?
>>
retards that want to be spoon fed "meaning" and for some reason care about the completely irrelevant and unimportant literal events
>>
>>142924571
They're important to the plot and setting, the message and themes aren't the only things in a film.
>>
>>142924922
They very clearly don't matter. Understanding the literal events happening on earth doesn't give any deeper understanding of the film.
>>
Well, pointing out his opinion about spoonfeeding and googling for explanations while posting NGE picture is a quite bad statement. If you imply that you get every fucking "pun" from Hideaki Anno without watching this shit with your notepad 50 times a row you're a fucking retard.
>>
You are a retard if you didn't understand EoE.
Stuff like the scene where child Shinji is playing in the sand and him choking Asuka, sure that's open for interpretation. But the general idea is not that hard to get.

To answer your question though, people want to get it so they can talk about it. If you watched it but can't explain it you aren't one of the cool kids, so they read an explanation and pretend they are smart.
Maybe it's just that they feel like time was wasted if they don't understand it.
>>
>>142925574
>you didn't understand my interpretation
geez, it's just a sol harem comedy for self-insert. Nothing more
>>
>>142925839
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>142926050
>You are a retard if you didn't understand EoE.
you
>>
It is no measure of intellect to get Eva. Anno was found out to be mildly mentally retarded by his shrink, so you can rest easy knowing his work is mindless shlock.
>>
It's a story all about how Shinji's life got flipped, turned usidedown, I'd like to take a second just right back, and I'll tell you just how much Anno's a hack.
>>
POPPING PILLS
>>
>>142924571
>>142925257
>>142925574
>You are a retard if you didn't understand EoE.
No shit, the general theme is openly stated.

But what the hell is wrong with looking up explanation about it? Or about anything, for that matter? Just because things like details, or the age old question about Shinji and Asuka loving each other or not, are not directly tied to the theme, it doesn't mean it's a crime to be curious about it.
Jesus Christ, why is everyone on this goddamn site so fucking jaded. We're not on a math board, we're on an anime board. Anime is not necessary to live, then why the hell are you even here? What's the point? Don't you have something more productive to do than shitpost here?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.