[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is the best Dragon Ball movie and why is it Wrath of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 15
Which is the best Dragon Ball movie and why is it Wrath of the Dragon?

Tapion's melody is THE shit.
>>
>HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM FUCKO!
>N-no officer I don't want no trouble from the po-po! I'm just sum nigga tryna make a livin'!
>>
BoG>History of Trunks>RoF>Bardock FoG>Yo Goku and Friends>>>>>>>>The rest
>>
>>142922272
>No Broly

Shit taste
>>
File: 1442118986830.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
1442118986830.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>142923403
>Brolyfag saying someone else has shit taste
>>
>>142923403
Shut it, claphole.
>>
I watched the Fusion one way to often when I was young.
>>
>>142926584

Fusion was Buu saga done right.
>>
>>142922088
wrath of the dragon had a terrible ending, the dragon fist literally was an ass pull
>>
1 Battle of Gods
2 Fusion Reborn
3 History of Trunks
4 Bardock The Father of Goku
5 Resurrection F
6 World's Strongest
7 Path to Power
8 Wrath of the Dragon
9 Broly (first movie)

The rest are shit
>>
>>142927545
Resurrection F is total fucking trash you faggot
>>
No, that's cooler's revenge
>>
>>142928136
>Goku literally spends most of the movie knocked out because of ONE attack
And don't say he let his guard down, he knew the attack was coming and where it was going.
Also Cooler's PL in the movie is bullshit
>>
>>142928225
>Goku literally spends most of the movie knocked out because of ONE attack
Didn't the same thing occur in Resurrection F?
Also, fuck you I like Cooler
>>
>>142928107
> great animation
> great fighting chereography
> movie isn't Goku Time like most movies
> movie advances the plot
> movie isn't an obvious contradiction to the timeline like most movies
> movie's length isn't as long as an elongated episode like most movies

"B-but raygun and muh Gohan!"
>>
>>142928393
> Didn't the same thing occur in Resurrection F?
Goku wasn't knocked out the whole movie from a single attack in RoF.

That was Cooler's Revenge, and Goku knew of the incoming attack. His defense wasn't lowered.
>>
>>142922088
They all are trash especially the new ones and the second and third broly movie.
>>
>>142922088
> We will never get a Future Trunks based movie after Resurrection F

Why even live?
>>
File: sakuga.png (329 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
sakuga.png
329 KB, 720x400
>>142928440
>great animation
imo, only that scene with Vegeta was anything close to great animation
>>
>>142928565
That was because they didn't have any senzu beans
>>
>>142928759
>>
>>142928759
>>142929223

>>
>>142922088
I liked Tree of Might and History of Trunks
>>
>>142928759
Return of the Jedi says hi
>>
>>142928440
>>great animation
>>great fighting chereography
>>movie isn't Goku Time like most movies

Are you serious you stupid piece of shit?
>>
>>142928811
>no senzu

Even still...in RoF, Goku got knocked out towards the end of the movie.

In Cooler's Revenge...Goku was knocked out from an average attack, with his guard up, for most of the movie.
>>
>>142929427
At least it wasn't no ring laser
>>
>>142929378
Brolyfag detected
>>
>>142923403
>Broly
>Good taste

Pick one is maximum
>>
File: shittycgi.webm (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
shittycgi.webm
3 MB, 700x394
>>142929354
>>142929292
>>142929223
>implying my opinion is automatically invalidated by you posting some shitty gifs
Two can play this game
>>
>>142929354
This doesn't look that spectacular
>>
>>142929449
>At least it wasn't no ring laser

It's already been established you that can get hurt by attacks that normally wouldn't hurt by lowering your guard .

Pic related. Another one that comes to mind is Krillin hitting SS Goku with a rock.
>>
>>142929522
cgi is fucking cancer
>>
>>142922088
Meh. No intro song, Gohan gets jobbed to make Goku win the day again, Goku pulls out a new technique from out of nowhere, and because of the ending, some fans still insist that Tapion's sword is the same as Future Trunks' sword. Even though the Androids cracked Future Trunks' sword, while Tapion's sword can cut an opponent that is much stronger than the Androids were.
>>
1. Battle of Gods
2. Fusion Reborn
3. World's Strongest
4. Path to Power
5. History of Trunks
6. Bardock Father of Goku
7. Cooler's Revenge
8. Wrath of Dragon
9. Frieza the AMV
10. Mystical Adventure
>>
Most of the original 13 DBZ movies are so fucking boring. I tried watching Tree of Might a few weeks ago and actually fell asleep in the middle of it. Just found it too hard to give a shit about anything that was going on.

Battle of Gods was the only movie that was remotely good. Resurrection F is cool when you're seeing it for the first time in a theater with other fans but is pretty dull in repeat viewings. World's Strongest and Fusion Reborn were okay. The rest are either completely forgettable or shit.

The movies for the original Dragon Ball are decent but they have really bad pacing problems.
>>
>>142930644
>and because of the ending, some fans still insist that Tapion's sword is the same as Future Trunks' sword. Even though the Androids cracked Future Trunks' sword, while Tapion's sword can cut an opponent that is much stronger than the Androids were.
To be fair the movie itself hugely implied that, even having the ending credits scene be future Trunks using the sword in mecha frieza's invasion
>>
>>142929597
Goku was still super saiyan blue when that laser came out of nowhere, it must take at least some sort of awareness/concentration to hold that form.
Admittedly, they did "fix" it in Super by having him power down first which is still retarded (even by Goku's measures) because why would you power down if Freeza is still alive?
>>
Being the best DB movie is like winning the special olympics.
>>
>>142928440
> great animation
> great fighting chereography

Holy shit, what?
>>
File: starlight_breaker.webm (3 MB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
starlight_breaker.webm
3 MB, 427x240
>>142929522
>he thinks this shit looks good for a high budget movie

End yourself. If not for "muh DBZ" everybody would be shitting all over this movie.
>>
>>142931542
fusion reborn should be on top
>>
>>142923403
Guaranteed replies.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89 KB, 1440x1080
When I was first into Dragon Ball, only 3 had been released on VHS (World's Strongest, Tree of Might, Dead Zone). Found them to be great entertainment, with Dead Zone being the clear best (incidentally, Garlic was the best OVA too). Don't plan to rewatch them because I am no longer a kid and don't want to ruin the fond memories.

Saw bits and pieces of the later films since growing up, and they all look like shit to me.

Might watch the first 3 DB (pre-Z) films released in the 80s. Opinions on those?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.