[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Noir, Crime, and Pulp Manga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: cowboy_bebop__autumn_by_djg_wp.jpg (2 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
cowboy_bebop__autumn_by_djg_wp.jpg
2 MB, 1280x1024
Burnt out anon here who's had too much coffee.

Don't suppose you fella's would be willing to suggest some quality noir, crime, or pulp manga's?

Looking for something thought provoking if possible.

Thanks in advance.
>>
Boku no Pico is a really good one.
>>
>>142917211
Thanks for bumping the thread, anon.
>>
>>142917133
If you're looking for pulp, not explicitly manga or anime then you can try watching Venture Bros.

Mad Bull 34, for some pulp buddy cop action. It's about a hulking trigger happy American cop and a Japanese cop working together.

Ouroboros, for some noir buddy cop. It's about two brothers trying to find their foster parent's killer, one joining the Yakuza and the other becoming a cop.

Golden Kamui, for some crime. I'm not sure how historically/culturally accurate it is in regards to the Ainu people and their ways.

Tokyo Yamimushi, for some crime. It's about a guy that can't his debt back to some gangsters and is shanghaied into working for them. Bit of a thriller.

Survival. It's about a kid that survives what is basically the great flood in the bible with Noah. It's a bit of a Thriller and pretty informative if you happen to find yourself on a deserted island.
>>
>>>/wsr/
There's a fucking board for this, you dumb, brainless shit.
>>
>>142917490
Mad Bull looks amusing. Almost like a 70's action flick. Ouroboros looks good, can you tell me more? Same with Tokyo Yamimishi, looks good.

>>142917604
Thanks for the bump anon.
>>
Milky Holmes.
>>
There's an upcoming one called 91 days.
>>
>>142917748
Looks interesting. Got any details on the setting?
>>
>>142917604
>Ouroboros
The entire premise is based around these two brothers looking for a man they refer to as gold watch. The gold watch also happens to be the mark of a syndicate of the wealthy and educated, kind of like an old boys club.
Kind of cliche but it's alright.

In Tokyo Yamimishi the guy is forced to work his debts off as a courier. He delivers packages to bizarre places, he's done a shakedown of a guy that was in the same position as he was and he begins learning how people are manipulated.
>>
>>142917842
It's set in 1920. In a fictional city of Lorel in the United States.
>>
>>>/wsr/
no need to thank me because it wasn't bumped
>>
>>142918114
Thanks mate.

>>142918143
I'll have to keep an eye on it.

>>142918174
Can you please explain why /a/ is the only board that does this?

ask /v/ about a vidya genre, they give you a ton of suggestions.

ask /tg/ about which new board game you should get and they give you a ton of suggestions.

What's wrong /a/?
>>
>>142917133
>manga's

>>142918288
Because you sound like a colossal faggot, who doesn't spend much time on /a/. Holy shit, like lurk fucking more. That has always been the motto. Maybe not anywhere else, but on /a/. Why does anyone here have the obligation to help anyone? People come here to discuss things, and asking for requests, isn't discussion. Unlike what any newfag says, it practically never encourages it.

On the other hand, /wsr/ would be shithole for this. Which is the only sane reason why anyone should reply to you. Go read Jiro Taniguchi, or Ikegami, or Takao Saito, Otomo Katshuhiro (not Akira). Go read gekiga manga and anything from the 60s and onwards. You'd quickly know more than most of the fags on here.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.