[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should I finish gurren laggen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 225x350
>started this show a few days ago
>pretty good so far
>reach episode 19
>"hurr fuck simon for giving us a good life let's blame him for everything"
>how about we take some of the side characters no one gave a shit about in the 1st part and make them villains?
>where the fuck is Viral??

give me a few good reasons WHY I should overlook this bullshit and finish it
>>
It gets better, trust me.
>>
>There are people who can't make decisions for themselves
>There are people who don't finish series when they're literally an hour away from finishing them

How about you just kill yourself instead?
>>
>>142909583
They get to awesome space fighting after Russo gets bitch slapped
>>
Dumb fuck has some episodes to go and has to ask randoms online to help him decide to finish it.

I bet your parents are really proud of a loser like you huh?
>>
>>142909583
>not finishing one of the greatest anime of all time
>>
>>142909583
>not liking the best part of TTGL
Just fuck off.
>>
>>142909583
>quitting a show over a minor character that youre supposed to hate
>you already said you enjoy the show.

Fuck I hate Summer.
/thread
>>
>>142909583
it only goes up from there
>>
It gets better, trust this anon.>>142909608
>>
>>142909583
Shows meant to make you feel like that you fucking idiot theres a payoff
Fucks sake
>>
thanks for the introspection guys, made this thread in heat of the moment to get some other opinions so I guess I'll finish this tomorrow
>>
File: 1251234612345327.gif (971 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
1251234612345327.gif
971 KB, 500x277
>Why are bad things happening to my favorite character???
>>
>>142909583
Rossiu grits his teeth
Kittan dies
Viral joins the brigade
The moon is a robot
Spiral energy accelerates destruction
Anti Spirals
Simon dies a virgin
>>
Don't trust >>142909608
Trust the >>142910042 that believes in >>142909608
>>
File: 1450273783470.gif (172 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1450273783470.gif
172 KB, 400x400
>>
>Second movie completely butchers Rossiu's character
>Removes all of his "hard decisions"
>He doesn't know the people in the shelters are gonna die when the moon hits, like he did in the series
>He just happens to get everyone in Kamina City on the Ark now, so he doesn't have to leave anyone to die
>Which was a great scene back in the series

I am irrationally mad about this
>>
Greatest anime of all time anon, its your call.
>>
>>142911778
>Simon dies a virgin
Not true
>>
rossiu did literally nothing wrong
>>
>>142913917
It was Yoko that died a virgin, unless she /ss/'d some schoolboys.

>>142913971
Rossiu did the logical thing... in a world where the logical choice is the worst possible one to take.
>>
>image.jpg
>low quality posting

I guess I'm calling the kettle black, but gurren lagann, with it's slightly bullshit ending, is infinitely better than most series out there
>>
>>142912825
Underrated
>>
He's a cunt but he had good intentions.
People like Simon can't lead the government.
>>
File: ttgl in a picture.jpg (235 KB, 668x712) Image search: [Google]
ttgl in a picture.jpg
235 KB, 668x712
>>142909583
>>
>>142909583
The show jumps the shark after the death of the Spiral King
>>
>>142909583
It's made clear that he's an awesome administrator and thinker, he just has the bad luck to live in a universe where unthinking balls to the wall insanity has actual motive force.
>>
>>142915918
>he just has the bad luck to live in a universe where unthinking balls to the wall insanity has actual motive force.
But he already knew this was true, so why didn't he just send Simon to the Moon from the beginning?
If you're in a world where logic is bullshit and bullshit works, and you know that, then logically you would approach every situation with bullshit.
>>
>>142909583
Watch it if you want to don't if you don't. Jesus fucking Christ it's really this simple. Why are you this retarded? Do you still get your senile retarded whore of a mother to wipe your ass because you have no fucking idea whether you should do it upwards or downwards?
>>
>>142916114
After 10 years, he thought he could replace bullshit with logic.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.