[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when Simon was moping for several episodes why didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
So when Simon was moping for several episodes why didn't Yoko just tell him about how Kamina looked up to him? Seems like that would have been way better than not telling him about how Kamina not only wasn't invincible, but that Simon had plenty going for him.
>>
>>142895241
Because Yoko was a 14 year old girl who had just lost her first boyfriend.
She had all hands full coping with reality. She couldn't extend a hand to somebody else.
>>
File: Yoko copy 2.png (476 KB, 849x1200) Image search: [Google]
Yoko copy 2.png
476 KB, 849x1200
>>142895241
I think the real questions are why didn't Yoko cheer him up with some hot fucking and why they weren't the endgame pairing.
>>
>>142895313
This
>>
>>142895310

>Weeks go by since Kamina's death
>Multiple near death situations because of Simon's behaviour
>Meets, hates, and ultimately befriends Nia in this time
>Gets captured and thrown in tunnel
>Only remembers, "Oh yeah, when Kamina said Simon was important, he really meant Simon was important!" a minute after Simon fixes himself
>>
>>142895241
Simon was in such a low place I don't think Yoko telling him that even would've helped (and that's if she were able to comfort him when she's grieving herself, like >>142895310 said)

In fact, it probably would've just made him felt worse at that point, like "Oh, he looked up to me and I got him killed anyway, awesome".
>>
>>142895241
But Simon lost Kamina, the person who tried his absolute hardest to be family for Simon. Grief like that can't simply just go away in an instant. You work through it and try to make the best of it.
>>
>>142896782
They could fuck from sadness I guess.
>>
>>142895666
It wasn't about Kamina actually valuing him for who he was, it was about Kamina caring for him.
Simon thought he was shit. He wasn't confident, and admired Kamina who was. Kamina is just the parent figure who was just really pretending, Simoun became the man Kamina really wanted to be.
Hence why they called it Kamina city. It was Kamina's dreams that he passed on to Simon, not any practical skills.
>>142897451
He wanted the Yoko because she was hot. There was nothing there. Yoko wanted Kamina because she thought he was the shit, but Kamina knew that he wasn't the shit so he couldn't take advantage of Yoko like that.
>>
File: 1464611691708.jpg (666 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
1464611691708.jpg
666 KB, 666x666
>>142895666
>>
File: 20242547_p0.jpg (97 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
20242547_p0.jpg
97 KB, 1000x750
>>142897940
>Yoko wanted Kamina because she thought he was the shit, but Kamina knew that he wasn't the shit so he couldn't take advantage of Yoko like that.

but he was gonna pay her back 10 times over

plus, kamina opened up to her about how he really wasn't the shit, and that just made her love him more
>>
>>142895241
Simon killed Kamina with his jealousy

I don't care about him
>>
>>142895241
It wouldn't have helped. He had to dig himself out of it
>>
Why wasn't Yoko Kamina's replacement as GL's co-pilot? Then she could've gotten more focus and stuff to do.
>>
>>142899931
She was only in the series to get kamaina killed so the series can on Simon and his character development as the MC. Her role in the series was done after that; Kittan is irrelevant.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.