[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DBS is produced weekly! >I-if it had more time the art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: garbo.png (1 MB, 1348x898) Image search: [Google]
garbo.png
1 MB, 1348x898
>DBS is produced weekly!
>I-if it had more time the art would be good!
>>
Don't use strawmen. You don't need them.
DBS is shit and looks like shit. Nobody here disagrees. You only look like a moron by bringing up time.
>>
>>142878470
>Remake the hatchiyak movie 20 years later
>Still sucks and still used to advertise a video game
>>
File: 945F1eM[1].jpg (37 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
945F1eM[1].jpg
37 KB, 720x720
>Nobody here disagrees
>>
>>142878470
Poor production is only part of the problem.

The garbage pacing due to limiting the amount of contents every episode to the absolute minimum utterly murders the show.
>>
Being weekly doesn't mean your scheduling will necessarily be bad. In this case, animators and staff have commented that they're crunched, and that the director can't check everything enough times. So Toei is at fault for that.

But fuck this Tuffle shit. How much was suppose to happen in the week before the Cell Games?
>>
File: 90s animation.png (3 MB, 1774x1080) Image search: [Google]
90s animation.png
3 MB, 1774x1080
>>142878907
They had to fight Broly by 8 AM the next day or some shit.

>>142878586
The Hatchiyak movie was longer and better animated. I don't know what the FUCK is wrong with Toei nowadays.

I'm starting to think their animators and concept artists used to do moeshit shows since that's all Japan does nowadays
>>
>>142878470
Look. DBS is shit, and will always be shit. We all talk shit about GT, but at least GT went somewhere, and had forms that weren't just recolors you'd see on Deviantart. DBS is a joke, and pretty much renders some of the strongest people around weaker than they should be. Nobody's seriously impressed by any of this.
>>
>>142878470
You're preaching to the choir, anon
>>
>>142879069
Here come the GTfags right on schedule. No one will ever like GT, GTfag. Even if they released a new series that was just a picture of literal shit with a Goku sticker on it, no one would thing that GT is good by comparison.
>>
>>142878612
You're welcome to search the archive for the 2 retards that think DBS looks good.
Good to see you didn't disagree with the part about you looking like a moron though.
>>
>>142879053
Using the word moeshit unironically outs you as a crossboarder and/or newshit. Just so you know so that you stop using it and people take your opinions more seriously.
>>
>>142879110
I'm not saying GT was good. I actually never watched all of it, maybe skipped an arc or two. But at least it picked a direction and went in it. Pretty much everything revolved around those black star dragon balls. But DBS is just weird. I mean, sure the first 2 arcs were the movies, but after that it just got ridiculous and kinda annoying
>>
File: 1462838877164.png (983 KB, 1000x1125) Image search: [Google]
1462838877164.png
983 KB, 1000x1125
>>142879138
Oh, I was supposed to take an insult on 4chan seriously? Just because we both browse the same board does not mean I am as pathetic as you are.

>>142879155
Moe. Shit.
>>
>>142879227
If you skipped two arcs then you skipped half of it. It didn't pick a direction and went in it. They interrupted the search for the black dragon balls with the Baby saga. Then after Baby used them and the planet exploded, they gathered them again off-screen. Then the android 17 from the alternate future fused with the android 17 from the main timeline somehow. And then they tried to revive Krillin with the dragon balls and the evil dragons showed up. Each one was formed with a particular wish, even though they had made way more than 7 wishes by then. It's all over the place and most of it makes no fucking sense and/or directly contradicts established canon, like the fact that the black dragon balls shouldn't have existed in the first place because Kami was no longer around and the regular dragon balls didn't transfer to Piccolo so neither should these.
>>
>>142878470
how did old dbz have nearly flawless animation, but this shit has like crap every week?
>>
>>142879290
>complaining about moeshit
>shit himself when one punch man came out

dbsfag everyone
>>
wasn't ever good
>>
If you had more time would your thread be good?
>>
>>142879327
Wrong man.

The planet exploded after Baby used them, but they definitely didn't; search for them again, Piccolo died to prevent that.

The second 17 was created in hell by Myuu and Gero.

I could fix the rest of your post but you clearly didn't watch the show. I swear retards who shit on GT should actually watch it.
>>
>>142879290
I fucking despise the neo dragon ball style with everything being shiny.
the first picture is much better. GT was a mistake but I liked the artstyle of it.
>>
Dragonball Super is an insult to fans. The recolor thing is a bad enough trend on its own but they don't even have any new techniques for the characters so whats the point.

Its literally the same characters with different colors and they just say theyre stronger.

This is childish garbage, the closest thing we got to an interesting development was Kaioken Blue.

Vegeta is literally just the same. Hell all the characters seem nerfed now. They physically look weaker and have less impact.
>>
>>142879227
>But at least it picked a direction and went in it
No it didn't

It seemed like it would, but it didn't
>>
>>142881461
I did.

It sucked.
>>
File: eureka7ao.jpg (93 KB, 586x367) Image search: [Google]
eureka7ao.jpg
93 KB, 586x367
>>142882242
they never learn.

DON"T ASK FOR SEQUELS
>>
>>142879958
It didn't have flawless animation.
Save for key episodes, Cell Saga has the most quality I've ever seen in an anime.
>>
>>142882354
>, Cell Saga has the most quality I've ever seen in an anime.
I think buu saga looked better desu
>>
>this anime has art that's too shitty for my tastes as a grand otaku
>better post online about how shitty this art looks
>better keep watching the show because it's still DB and I don't wanna be out of the loop
>better make sure I remind everyone that it's art is sub-par (even though there are animes with worse that i still watched)

geez how old are you guys? Sound more like the cringe lords that make shitty fan-dubs or fan-episodes.
>>
>>142879327
>Kami was no longer around and the regular dragon balls didn't transfer to Piccolo so neither should these.
I always figured the original namekian made them before splitting. And once the two fused back together they became active again.

But I mean, good luck trying to explain anything in GT.
>>
>there are people over 12 who watch DB
>>
>>142882664
i hope that's bait anon
>>
>>142879053
Hello /v/
>>
>>142882375
he means that in a bad way, since the animation during the cell saga wasn't good

re-read the entire DB manga the other day and going back to the DBZ show is really difficult
>>
>>142884045
Ah okay, thanks for explaining anon.

Looking back at the DBZ anime, I think I definitely have my nostalgia glasses on. Other than Card Captor Sakura and Hamtaro, DBZ was one of the very first anime I saw and because of the action, rock the dragon theme (I only had dubs) and the story (saiyan and namek) I was hooked into it.

Now that I'm much older, I realised that the anime isn't that good. I only watched the fights and the immediate events prior to the fights and that's all I needed.
The rest was basically useless.
>>
Buu saga, particularly the Kid Buu fight, had actually really great animation and unironic quality.

The rest of Dragon Ball Z, not so much. But definitely better than Super
>>
File: vegetable.jpg (484 KB, 2190x1134) Image search: [Google]
vegetable.jpg
484 KB, 2190x1134
Each of these frames was held for more than 4 full seconds, without any movement whatsoever.
>>
File: i got the white thou.png (2 MB, 1746x1216) Image search: [Google]
i got the white thou.png
2 MB, 1746x1216
This image, with moving mouths, was held for almost 10 full seconds.
>>
>>142879227
>But at least it picked a direction and went in it
kek what the fuck

People scapegoat it's problems on being "fanfic"-tier but Dragon Ball GT's real problem was precisely that it didn't pick a direction and stick with it. Up until Baby they were trying to be Dragon Ball, late Dragon Ball Z and it's own thing all at the same time and failing at all three. Hell, throughout the entire series they couldn't even keep up a consistent main cast except for Goku and Pan. I don't even want to talk about how conflicting and ridiculous the Super 17 arc is.

Baby was good conceptually but could've been done better. Shadow Dragons is arguably the only time when they 'picked a direction and went with it', for better or worse, but by that time it was too little, too late.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 216x162) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 216x162
>>142885917
Reminds me of this
>>
I'm happy that Dragonball Super is making people realize that just because a series is older doesn't make it better and that Dragonball is still just a battle shonen at the end of the day.
>>
Dragon Ball Z remake by MadHouse when?
>>
>>142882312
The soundtrack wasn't bad.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.