[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm glad it seems that all across the Internet on both sides
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
I'm glad it seems that all across the Internet on both sides of the sea, everybody has finally realized how shit this is after the last two episodes.

Seriously, it's like a complete 180 in opinion. It got too stupid for people to justify it
>>
It's pretty bad.

>getting outsold by Re Zero
>>
I dropped it long ago. Spoil me what happened that made people finally hate this.
>>
File: 8mGNJY2.jpg (606 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
8mGNJY2.jpg
606 KB, 1920x1080
>>142860796
>>
>>142860796
Guy with questionable morals turned out to be just plain evil.
He led the zombies into a train station killing tons of innocents for the sake of 'liberating' them

I'm gonna watch it to the end but i can't say I'm gonna enjoy it much.
>>
Can anyone ever write an apocalypse story and not 180 and make it that it was the humans who were the enemy all along? This shit is so fucking boring. Just stick to the original concept or don't even bother at all. Wit Studio hasn't made a single thing of worth. Fuck them.
>>
>>142860796
The finale is about Mumei's onii-san who is a revenge hungry pretty boy that's been biding his time for 10 years since an incident in which the shogunate betrayed him. Despite his nihilistic views and somewhat self destructive gameplan since he doesn't really care what happens after his revenge is taken he still has managed to accumulate a healthy size of fanatics that follow him to their deaths knowing full well what future lies ahead of his victory. If they were all from his group 10 years ago, then that just makes you wonder how the hell so many of them have survived 10 years of fighting kabane on the frontlines. Even though he was on the way to the capital already to enact his grand revenge and could be allowed to pass through the town they were going through with light negotiation, he still decided to waste resources by starting the massacre in that random city.
>>
>>142860796
Before the last two episodes the show was essentially a stupid action show. Attack on the Walking Dead on a Train War Z is a completely accurate description of it but it was just inoffensively stupid. The kind of show you watch every week for some action and try to see how the protags will get out of a bad situation.

Then they suddenly decided to have a plot and that's when it all went to hell. The bad guy is the most telegraphed evil person there is, they introduced a bunch of plot elements at once, as well as a whole new faction of characters and the powerlevels started going off.

Also, probably worst of all, the fanservice bait girl after spending 2/3 of the series being "strong independent little girl" and growing to have friends 180s because she can't get over main bad guy's cock and was basically a gullible idiot the whole time.
>>
>>142861062
You forgot to say that he has pink hair and looks like a faggot straight out of Final Fantasy.
>>
>>142860961
Humans being an enemy of themselves in an apocalypse isn't a bad story even if stale and overused, the issue is deciding to make that the main plot of your show after it has spun it wheels for over half the episodes it had.
>>
>>142860934
Wait, people didnt see that coming?
>>
>>142861139
Well in anime it's done terribly pretty much all the time so they should stop.
>>
>>142861168
I think people just wished for their expectations to be betrayed and for something original to happen for once.
>>
>>142861062
Close but they weren't going to let them through because they were aligned with the shogun so he wiped them out for that reason also because he needed to be extra evil or something
>>
>>142861168
Everybody saw it coming, it was just fucking terrible. Every problem with this show after the last episodes have been because of that Biba fuck and their need to suddenly have a real plot
>>
>>142861230
The guy he was negotiating with seemed more than happy to receive him, he believed him to have proven himself loyal for the 10 years of service.
>>
>>142861216
So people are dissapointed now for something the was all along? Not even defending knk but it's retarded.

>>142861102
>>Then they suddenly decided to have a plot
1 cour shit usually works this way anon.

>Also, probably worst of all, the fanservice bait girl after spending 2/3 of the series being "strong independent little girl" and growing to have friends 180s because she can't get over main bad guy's cock and was basically a gullible idiot the whole time.
Yeah, her current depiction is supposed to contrast the initial one, that's how twists work.
>>
>>142860796
zombies started spewing energy beams and a guy riding a motorcycle managed to cut a steel cable holding a multi ton bridge in one swipe as seen in >>142860829
>>
>>142861279
Did you really want it to be survival slice of life all the way?
>>
>>142861408
Not him but yes.
>>
Should've remained "zombies on a steam train", with the protag group reaching the Shogunate to find it already being destroyed and then they just keep moving past it. The story dropped everything that gave it any appeal once vivalabiba came onto the scene.
>>
>>142860630
Its sad because 1st ep was pretty epic
>>
>>142861408
>Did you really want it to be survival slice of life all the way?
Uh yes I did. It was perfectly fine that way
>>
>>142861354
>1 cour shit usually works this way anon.
Which is exactly why they shouldn't have tried. They had a good thing going but then Okuchi went full Okuchi. This is exactly what I was afraid of. The show was basically going nowhere and I had a feeling they would try to pull an actual story out of their ass for the last third. What do you know, we got this shit.
>>
>>142861408
Yes. The first 6 episodes were great.
>>
Ya know, I'm not gonna say the show has gotten kind of dumb but I'm kind of tired of the constant "I TOLD YOU, IT WAS STUPID ALL ALONG, YOU WERE STUPID TO EVER EXPECT ANYTHING HAHAHAHA"

Like fuck, its like people aren't allowed to get hype for shows anymore without constant pessimism of how its going to suck or how its nowhere near as good as the hype.

Really makes talking about shows like these a chore since people just bandwagon on how much they hate it.
>>
File: 1440985661107.png (312 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1440985661107.png
312 KB, 720x480
>>142861602
>The first 6 episodes were great.
>>
I was fine with everything up till the kabane berserker, which was stupid, but that fucking laser cannon bullshit was absolutely retarded.
>>
>>142861354
>not even defending knk

You definitely are, and you're not doing it well.
"That's the way it is" isn't a good argument.
>>
>>142861622
>Like fuck, its like people aren't allowed to get hype for shows anymore without constant pessimism of how its going to suck or how its nowhere near as good as the hype.
Your fault for getting hyped for a show by the retards behind Guilty Crown, Attack on Titan and the writer of Valvrave
>>
>>142861622
There were many warning signs that things were going to go off the rails and not in an entertaining way. It's not like I wanted it to happen but I waited to see if they would fuck it up

I seriously have to wonder why people thought that they should give Okuchi another shot? Was everybody just blinded by the first episodes? I bet if it was more popularized that "this was written by the same guy as Valvrave" the hype would be much less
>>
So, trainwreck, am I right?
>>
>>142861704
I liked Valvrave. S1 was genuinely entertaining. S2 noticeably suffered from the same symptom that killed Batman vs Superman, too much executive meddling.
>>
>>142861622
>>142861622
>Ya know, I'm not gonna say the show has gotten kind of dumb but I'm kind of tired of the constant "I TOLD YOU, IT WAS STUPID ALL ALONG, YOU WERE STUPID TO EVER EXPECT ANYTHING HAHAHAHA"

>Like fuck, its like people aren't allowed to get hype for shows anymore without constant pessimism of how its going to suck or how its nowhere near as good as the hype.
I'd usually agree but this is not the case. This show has been unoriginal, simple and predictable for most of its run, so there's no reason to expect otherwise now. You'd be right if, say, the show hasnt yet begun or ep 1 just aired
>Really makes talking about shows like these a chore since people just bandwagon on how much they hate it.
I still like it for the visual design.
>>
>>142861690
>Your fault for getting hyped for a show by the retards behind Guilty Crown, Attack on Titan and the writer of Valvrave
This. All the fucking signs were day since the first episode and you have nobody but yourself to blame since you weren't going in blind.
>>142861704
>Was everybody just blinded by the first episodes?
Judging from ANN and MAL? Yes. Ironically people's initial reaction was "let's see how long it'll take for WIT to fuck up while others were incredibly pessimistic about it given the writer's past works but casuals didn't care because MUH ATTACK ON TITAN now that the obvious has come about it seems that those people have egg all over their faces.
>>
File: 1465263034048.png (860 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465263034048.png
860 KB, 1280x720
>>142861770
>I liked Valvrave.
>S1 was genuinely entertaining.
>>
>>142861689

>You definitely are, and you're not doing it well.
I dont think " it was always bad" means "it's good".

>"That's the way it is" isn't a good argument.
Or maybe i'm not defending knk. Think about it.
>>
File: suicidewatch.jpg (58 KB, 477x345) Image search: [Google]
suicidewatch.jpg
58 KB, 477x345
>>142861622
>>
>>142861764
For the last time no, this is not a trainwreck, neither is Mayoiga. Being disappointingly bad is not being a trainwreck.
>>
>>142861770
>S1 was genuinely entertaining
You mean entertaining in a stupid way though right? Not entertaining because it was good?
>>
Kabaneri's only decent episode was episode 2. All the other episodes have been shit.
>>
>>142861860
I think Kabaneri is at Valvrave status of trainwreck at this point once the zombie lasers have come into the picture

Mayoiga is just stupid.
>>
>>142861891
>Kabaneri's only decent episode was episode 2
That was shit. The only decent episode was episode 7
>>
I told everyone in the first episode thread that the whole choking the virus out shit was beyond stupid and expect more crap like this to be pulled.

I was called a negative faggot and told to fuck off, look at what I have here with this now. I don't like saying I told you so but fuck it, I told you so
>>
>>142861874
Yeah it was entertaining in a stupid way, but the plot was simple and barebones enough that it wasn't offensive. S2 had none of S1's charm and took itself too seriously.
>>
File: 1456532512217.jpg (13 KB, 392x514) Image search: [Google]
1456532512217.jpg
13 KB, 392x514
>This is still going to be the top selling show of the season

I hate Aniplex
>>
>>142861929
To be fair, the choking the virus/stimulating death to get rid of x has been done in movies and other anime before so I just took it as a cliche.
>>
>>142861929
You never used a smug. Come on, gloat a little better the next time.
>>
>>142861929
Fuck off faggot, no-one cares.
>>
>>142861990
Macross?
>>
>>142861990
Nope, Re Zero and Macross will outsell it.
>>
>>142862034
>>142862033
>>142861990
Does this call for another stalker link?
>>
>>142862034
>Re Zero
That's even worse
>>
>>142862067
Re Zero is rising fast and could keep it's momentum

Macross comes out like an entire month after the season so it's pretty clear if it keeps it's current rate up, mathematically it will get above Kabaneri
>>
>>142860630
agreed, it cannot even compare to how great attack on titan was
>>
>>142862069
> Worse.
No, Macross is. The original Macross was a lot better. Plus the mechas are cgi so it sucks.
>>
File: Buu.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Buu.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>142861704
>that things were going to go off the rails
Good one.
>>
>>142862153
>>142862069
>>142862067
Uh, this was supposed to be about Kabaneri. There's probably some Stalker thread you can do this in
>>
>>142862145
>attack on titan
>muh MC deux ex machina powerup out of nowhere
It definitely had its problems and bullshit moments too.
>>
>>142861690
>>142861704
Its not that I never thought the show wasn't going to go off rails, but rather the self-righteous attitudes that have been displayed because of it.

>>142861800
I still like it too, and I understand that the production team have a shady history, but I never watched Valvrave or Guilty Crown so I'm sorry I couldn't get on the hate train like everyone else.
>>
Ikoma went from badass to a moralfag who can build shit.

He is just as bad as Eren but with a better voice.
>>
File: kabaneri rank.jpg (82 KB, 710x489) Image search: [Google]
kabaneri rank.jpg
82 KB, 710x489
>>142862067
Kabaneri is dropping fast.
>>
>>142860829
That could've easily been Kabaneri strength or kabane steel folded 1000 times.
>>
File: 1462490414992.jpg (139 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1462490414992.jpg
139 KB, 1280x720
Ever since Biba came in its gone to horse shit, He's even dragging Mumei's the only good thing about Kabaneri character down too.
>>
File: re zero rank.jpg (74 KB, 705x488) Image search: [Google]
re zero rank.jpg
74 KB, 705x488
For comparison.
>>
>>142862317
Who gives a shit, it's a goddamn knife

Actually everything about that ninja character is dumb. Literally *teleports behind you* the character
>>
>>142862317
That man isn't a confirmed kabaneri, nor does his sword have the red lines from kabane steel folded 1000 times.
>>
>>142862302
Eren couldn't build shit or do anything good unless he had his titan mode. And even then he fucked up a lot against the Female Titan.
>>
>>142862310
I think the nips are realizing the bullshit, and I thought they really had shit taste. It's probably only going to go down further off the rails from here.
>>
>>142862317

Please tell me you are joking.

>>142862344

What about Ikoma? Isn't he based?

>>142862347

How the hell do you read this graph?
>>
You know what's going to be fun is ANN having to justify themselves regarding this and Kiznaiver since they're so in league with Aniplex.

>>142862399
>I think the nips are realizing the bullshit
Oh they have
>>
>>142862317
Nigga I wouldn't even complain if he had some kind of huge ass kabane katana to cut that rope with. But he just had a little knife. How the fuck would you cut through a rope like that unless you can do some energy cutting shit?
>>
>>142862382
>sword
That was not a sword, but a tiny-ass knife.
>>
>>142862421
They are a bunch of hypocrites. Look at Asterisk. They were practically shilling it.
>>
>>142862302
Ikoma became shit the second he started crying in episode 2. His character never recovered from that.
>>
You know, I don't really mind the kabahamehas. The whole super kabaneri stuff kinda reminds me of Resident Evil, so it's okay for me. Same about the blood spewing motorcycles, it's fucking stupid, but I can see the purpose in that.

It's just that Biba seems like such a shitty evil character who does evil shit for the sake of it being evil shit. Like fuck okay I got it, you got an agenda, but how the fuck is making more zombies gonna help anyone?
>>
>>142862382
>nor does his sword have the red lines from kabane steel folded 1000 times.
Use common sense anon. Why the fuck would they carry daggers or swords that wouldn't do shit against Kabane hearts when their job is to kill them?

Also, Horobi's sword changed from a normal to kabane steel in the same episode.
>>
>>142862518

You do know he was left to die and abandoned by his father right? He has deep seeded hatred for him and yet people wonder why he is doing all this evil shit.

This is a cry for attention from daddy.
>>
Someone, make a WEG by having the "what I got" image as Resident Evil 6.
>>
>>142862554
Still the knife was nowhere near long enough to cut the steel cable of that diameter.
>>
>>142860829
this is just badly drawn I think
>>
>>142862406
Ikoma is a boring MC. Nothing really memorable.
>>
>>142862566
Doesn't matter. Motivations were never shown, just told about so there's no reason I should give a shit about why any character does anything. Everyone could die next episode and I wouldn't care because there's no reason to genuinely give a shit about any of the characters. The show is directionless and pointless. It's a waste of time and space. No one is sympathetic or interesting.
>>
>>142862566
Sure, he has daddy issues, but you can solve that shit without going around murdering nearly fucking everyone.
>>
>>142862554

No matter how you want to try to spin it, it is an ass pull to the highest order.

The best part was that he didn't even stop but did it in one clean slice.
>>
>>142861622
Funny thing is that people were calling and making the (obvious) joke of
>Kabaneri will be a literal trainwreck

before the start of the show.

That said though, people also were happy andd hype for
>trigger original anime
for Kizunaiver.

They aren't always right, but can call on the obvious.
>>
>>142862406
>What about Ikoma? Isn't he based?
Of all the problems Kabaneri has, I actually did believe Ikoma was pretty cool. Unfortunately the problem was that he went from a guy who wanted to kill zombies to save humanity to a guy who wanted to save humanity by killing zombies.

This actually does mean two very different things as it changed him into kind of a more moralistic character. Sure he always was that way but because Biba is SO AWESOME AND EVIL, they had to make Ikoma look like a complete dumbass
>>
>>142862566
>Be literally worse than Hitler
>Your father realizes he can't let you go on being such an evil fuck
>"Wow dad what the fuck I just want to genocide the entire world how could you betray me?"
>>
>>142862406
>How the hell do you read this graph?
Are you colorblind or something?
>>
>>142862566
Except the thing is that he literally just came out in the last two episodes and the story has become all about him and his evil schemes instead of "zombie survival on a train", the thing most people were watching it for. It also introduced a new group of super elite SO KEWL zombie killers at the same time and is ruining the characters we already liked

And this is all happening with three, now two, episodes left
>>
File: 160405-01-02.jpg (159 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
160405-01-02.jpg
159 KB, 640x360
>>142862641

How the fuck is he boring? He is a steam engine mechanic who wanted to fight the Kabane. In his spare time he built a jet pistol gun with his best friend. He didn't cower or preach, he built and actually killed Kabane. The guy is a badass mc who puts faggots like Shinji and Eren to shame.

>>142862665

The guy's family was killed by Kabane...why wouldn't he think killing zombies will save humanity? What else is he supposed to do exactly?

>they had to make Ikoma look like a complete dumbass

Biba had years of training versus a guy who a few weeks ago did no fighting in his life.
>>
Eh
it was always stupid
it just didn't try to hide it the last episodes
>>
>>142862781
>why wouldn't he think killing zombies will save humanity? What else is he supposed to do exactly?
That is exactly what I'm saying. That was basically his character and it worked. When the story was just about fighting other zombies, that's when it had him as a decent character, but now that there's this whole moral thing going on and we have to make Biba look so super cool so they have him getting completely shat on as a person
>>
>>142862656

>Motivations were never shown, just told about so there's no reason I should give a shit about why any character does anything.

Why don't you actually wait for the next episode before making any declarations. We will get a backstory of the guy and his actions will be made more clear.

>>142862657

As I said, right now he looks like a edgy flamingo trying to seek daddy''s love but I am sure there is an explanation for the slaughter.

>>142862682

I am sure he wasn't this bad when he was around his father, let us wait until his backstory before calling him Hitler.

>>142862742

Huh? Mumei was talking about Biba from episode 1, wtf are you babbling about?

>Humanity is fighting against Kabane
>A super elite trained group of soliders to kill the Kabane are doing so in splendid fashion
>Is surprised by them and saying they ruin the story.

One would have to be brain dead to not expect a more organized group of Kabane killers out there but of course people cry because their slice of life steam engine story isn't there anymore.
>>
>>142862975
>Why don't you actually wait for the next episode before making any declarations. We will get a backstory of the guy and his actions will be made more clear.

Because I don't give a shit. The show has been shit 80% of the way a tolerable 20% isn't going to save it. It's garbage that should not be defended. It already blew it's chances.
>>
>>142862975
>>142862781
>>142862566
It's hilarious that there's still people defending this shit.
>>
File: milluki_2011_7506jpg.png (100 KB, 350x222) Image search: [Google]
milluki_2011_7506jpg.png
100 KB, 350x222
>>142863049

You really can't sit through another 2 more episodes? Are we really going down that route? So you can stomach 9 episodes of crap you don't enjoy but be bothered to finish up Biba's backstory and getting to the Shogan's palace final battle?
>>
>>142863092
yeah i had such high hopes for this show too, but they just shit all over them. Talk about a great first episode.
>>
>first three episodes
ayy this is pretty gud, nothing amazing but it's plenty enjoyable
>next 2 episodes
Still alright
>everything else
hello darkness my old friend
>>
>>142863181
Not even, third episode was complete garbage and hinted at how shit the show was going to be.
>>
File: 1464797653146.png (1 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464797653146.png
1 MB, 1440x1080
>>142862975
>Biba is a mustache twirling villain
>Why don't you wait until the next episode
>Oh look he actually was a mustache twirling villain
>B-b-b-but we still need to know how he became a mustache twirling villain
>>
>>142863257

All I am saying is we go the character introduction and his true intentions, let us see what turned the good kid into a villain. You can give him that at least right?
>>
It's like berserk, but everything goes to shit when they got off the boat.
>>
>>142863334
>I've watched literally 20 animes
>>
>>142863334
Who said he was a good kid to begin with?
>>
>>142861408
Yep
>>
>>142863373
300+ but who is counting?

>>142863379

I am making an assumption, sue me.
>>
File: flat,800x800,070,f.jpg (82 KB, 800x434) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.jpg
82 KB, 800x434
>>142863373
>animes
>>
>>142863334
The director has no subtlety or skill in handling characters or dialogue. Whatever introduction we will get will be laughably hamfisted and badly done.
>>
>>142862975
People like to bitch about any little questionable thing that doesn't get spoonfed to them immediately or that doesn't fit into their specific tastes or line of reasoning. There's no helping it.
>>
>>142863476
lmao we;l played sir!
>>
>>142863536
People as stupid as this are why this director still has work.
>>
>>142862975
>Why don't you actually wait for the next episode
Oh fuck you, there's only 2 more episodes in this shit to even give a crap anymore
>>
>>142860630

It still took far too long and I bet people still don't wake the fuck up and do the same dance with the next overhyped project with big names attached that always seem to churn out crap with shiny first episodes and character designs attached. Hiroyuki Sawano especially might as well be equated with your show is going to suck horrifically guaranteed yet people still worship him and watch shows just to hear his shrill music. He hasn't scored a show that has been anything less than absolutely terrible since Kill la Kill which was just kind of mediocre at best. I wish he'd never been chosen to work on mega hits like Gundam Unicorn and Titan so that we wouldn't be completely stuck with him forever now.
>>
>>142863536
This is literally the same kind of excuse used to justify the stupid plot contrivances in Valvrave and Guilty Crown
>>
>>142860829

Japan is having a field day with this scene this week.

>>142860961

No cause fucking Gen Urobuchi happened in 2011 and now every story has to be based around "How do I think Gen Urobuchi would write it?" which means stale wooden and/or asshole characters, retarded concepts of justice and plots that can't even keep track of their own internal consistency and sense of purpose.
>>
>>142861102

It just amazes me that they misread the audiences attachment to Mumei and what it was about to such an astonishing degree. Like if they took her in a direction that was unpopular with otaku but made sense given the way things were going and made things more interesting it'd be fine, but they just seem to have done it because "muh edge" and they really truly seem to think this is what the audience wants to see happen with a shows breakout character.
>>
>>142863943
Mumei was never a good character. The only way she could have been decent is if she never opened her mouth.
>>
>>142861704

>Original with Aniplex on the production committee

Every time. You might as well just see that name and go "NOPE!" nowadays.
>>
>>142863943
Wouldn't be Okuchi's first time making this kind of mistake though

>>142864025
She may not have been "good" but there was the potential for her to at least be "okay" and she did have an appeal as cute girl who can kick ass. But now they've basically turned her into a dumb idiot because "muh ani". There are ways of doing that kind of turnaround and this wasn't it.
>>
>>142861844
>not defending knk
>going out of his way to make shitty arguments against people's reasons for hating it

Sure thing buddy.
>>
File: 34843758374596.png (614 KB, 1019x719) Image search: [Google]
34843758374596.png
614 KB, 1019x719
>>142863596
No need to get butthurt over the obvious anon

Majority with not as refined tastes as you will eat shit a director shits out no matter what. If it entertains, that's good enough.
>>
>studio makes a poor man's attack on titan
>anons are surprised when it turns out to be shit
>>
K-Kisama?
>>
I kind of get what they were going for with Biba

Like how Ikoma said he's not content with just living inside walls and wants to bring the fight to the Kabane.

Biba also wants the people to not be content inside the walls either and to confront the Kabane head on.

Biba is basically a stupid chaosfag while the bushi are stupid lawfags. Ikoma is neutral.
>>
>>142864328
>it's fun
>it's comfy
>it's healing
Excuses used by shit eaters daily.
>>
File: 1456713759570.jpg (56 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
1456713759570.jpg
56 KB, 342x342
>BIBA
>>
File: 659432879.jpg (63 KB, 436x560) Image search: [Google]
659432879.jpg
63 KB, 436x560
>>142862975
>mfw people unironically defend Biba
>>
>Pretty antagonist makes entrance into the show
>it turns to shit
Just like Zankyou no Terror
>>
>>142865058
Holy shit, this is exactly like that show

>1 cour anime with big names and a generally overhyped music composer
>Is about one simple thing (Terrorists with keikakus/Zombies on a Train)
>A villain is introduced (Biba/Four)
>The show must now revolve around that villain
>>
>>142865119
They're also both Noitamina.
>>
>>142864025
>Mumei was never a good character. The only way she could have been decent is if she never opened her mouth.

someone's salty
>>
File: questionmark.jpg (40 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
questionmark.jpg
40 KB, 505x431
>plot starts moving with an antagonist
>/a/ is revolted by plot
>just wants to post armpits and muscle girls with slice of life elements that don't actually contribute anything to the story
>>
>>142865269
Because this was never a good show but at least it was nothing more than a stupid action show that could be enjoyed as a stupid action show. Now it's actually trying to pretend it has some kind of story

Also there's no point in moving a plot that becomes such a major part of the story, actually it pretty much is the story now, forward in like three episodes. You're basically saying those earlier 2/3 episodes were useless
>>
File: world of strong.jpg (171 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
world of strong.jpg
171 KB, 1280x720
>>142864477
What's wrong, neuter? Not STRONG enough?
>>
>>142865269
not exactly, plot is fine. It's just that this plot, in this instance, was stupid. The villian and his motives, so far, are completely ridiculous. That's why.
>>
>>142861764
That would be big order.
>>
>>142861655
>The first 4 episodes were great.
FTFY
>>
>>142865269
anons aren't revolted by the existence of a plot, anon

they're revolted by the utter stupidity of said plot
>>
>>142862310
>Kabaneri is dropping fast.

There needs to be a petition to tell Okouchi that his later story plot sucks and he's force to change it in an alternate movie or something
>>
>>142863862
Urobuchi doesn't even write half his shit himself, he's a glorified editor shoehorning in twists to other people's plots at best
>>
>>142862310
That's one hell of a drop
>>
>>142862566
So the main villain is trying to destroy the world because his dad didn't love him enough ? Man what a well written and authentic character.
>>
>>142863862
>>Japan is having a field day with this scene this week.
Details?
>>
File: going for a ride.png (80 KB, 189x249) Image search: [Google]
going for a ride.png
80 KB, 189x249
>>142865587
>not enjoying Titan Kabane
>>
>>142862781
Ikoma is carrying the show for me
>>
>>142865742
This, a chunk of the shows people credit him for only have him writing a pathetic fraction of the episodes.
>>
>>142865587
Wasn't the MULTI TRACK DRIFTING in like episode 6 or something? That was pretty good
>>
>>142865269
>plot
>Evil guy is evil
>12 year old is still a retard
>>
>>142865840
Pretty much this senpai
>>
Someone needs to tell Okuchi to stop
>>
>>142865742
Most anime have multiple writers, directors invite their writer friends all the time to projects, it's how butch wrote for Conrevo.
People just want him to write the whole thing but he only does so when he's really interested.
>>
Why did the show have to even escalate this much?

It should have just been zombie attacks on trains for the entire show, they're losing people and running out of supplies raising the tension until they get to some sacred land/capital etc. Maybe have the finale being about a colony attacking a station, then Mumei discovers someone important is controlling. Have the conflict localised to political tensions on the train and the interactions between the characters.

Put a hook in to sell another season at the end.

This is just a perfect example of more is less. Having a human enemy could have been the basis for an entire extra season.

It's such a fucking ANIME way of doing things where they have a great pulpy setting but cant withhold that without putting in evil bishies and lasers at the end like it's a fucking Naruto movie.
>>
Episode 1 was pretty good, but the show was dead in the water the moment that Ikoma got infected. You see, the virus can't be contained by pressurized bondage gear and in fact spread to the show itself. Since then it has been nothing more than a rotting corpse of the feudal Japanese steampunk with trains survival story with caste commentary we could have gotten instead. Pretty much every episode after the first has done nothing but focus more and more on the retarded aspects that should have been left in SnK. It's clear now that those hacks just wanted to make a payday for themselves, so they just straight copied what they had already adapted. The hybrid colony was the true death knell, and the laser shooting zombie is a fucking joke that is being played straight.

They knit a really fancy scarf using lots of silk at the tip of it so that just being brushed with the tassled end makes one think that a luxurious experience awaits, but the rest of the scarf was made with shit instead of silk. Whatever strands remain at this point are just discouraging to see because they prove that a more competent result was possible, and seeing Mumei covered in shit is sad.
>>
>>142866285

Their S2 hook will be the looming issue of Biba's daddy who will surely turn out to be an even bigger cunt than him.

But yeah, Japan has proven time and time again that it can take fantastic premises and proceed to completely ruin them with awful plots and characters.
>>
>>142860630
*Mein Kampf noises in the background*
>>
>>142866346

It is honestly like they switched Directors halfway through.

It's insane, I honestly cannot recommend this show enough for the first six episodes, it's a very competent action show with good characters you care for.

Then afterwards it throws everything away for NO REASON.
>>
>>142861408
No I wanted a Hitler-esque villain with the politics subplot on cheap as shit revenge plotline and the uguu chick figuring this shit out like she was made of Osmium. (This pink dude tells sweeter lies than Todd Howard).
>>
>>142866285
>Why did the show have to even escalate this much?
Have you seen the director and writer's previous works?
>>
>muh animes is unrealistic
Who cares about realism in a train zombie virus show.
>>
>>142866458
Blame the writing.
>>
>>142866581
Nobody cares about realism since the general premise of "surviving zombies on a train" was solid enough of a premise, if not a little bit silly. We're saying the direction the show is going in right now sucks and is retarded
>>
>>142865269
If a literal plaster wall of a villain makes you cream yourself, it explains why Every show now just goes for the hitler villain cause thats so original and you feel like you hate the villain oh so much
>>
>>142866458
>Then afterwards it throws everything away for NO REASON.
These are called arcs. First six episodes was about survival while everyone learned to trust each other and work as a team. The next six is now Biba revenge arc.

Shows can always change the setting and theme whenever they want, sometimes for better and many times for worse.
>>
>>142866346
What an amazing villain in which I hold my breath in anticipation to see how he was brutally betrayed, thus we can get tons of feels and sympathize with his generic genocide and maybe we can all wear sweet masks to sacrifice our lives for him.
>>
>>142866673
>The next six is now Biba revenge arc.
More like next 4. Biba's shit started like two episodes ago.

And as >>142865058 said, just because it has "arcs" doesn't mean that said arc isn't complete garbage
>>
>>142866285
To be fair the show has been escalating since the first episode and showed no sign of slowing down.
>Kabane started off as zombies with heart cages
>Getting bit by one turns you into a superpowered vampire zombie for some reason
>Kabane can apparently form giant sentient colonies from corpses for some reason.
>Being the heart of a colony gives you even greater strength and agility than a Kabaneri and lets you fire lasers for some reason
>>
>>142866458
>It's insane, I honestly cannot recommend this show enough for the first six episodes, it's a very competent action show with good characters you care for.

Ikoma is an intelligent, determined badass, who wants to kill kabane and decides that what they technology to do it.

Ikoma being a smart badass and the art being a nice call-back to 80s/90s styles are the only interesting things the show has going for it.

The setting is almost, ALMOST original, and every other character ranges from bland to mood-breaking to skullfucking the plot.
>>
>>142866673
>next six
This is a 11 episode anime.
>>
>>142866766
Escalating with Zombies is one thing, that makes sense because that's what zombies tend to do. What anon is talking about is escalating to have some kind of plot and having all these new elements come out of nowhere and try to make the show "intriguing" with a shitty villain
>>
>>142866732
>More like next 4.
No, Biba appears straight at the end of episode seven, signifying that he would play a huge role for the next five episodes. Perhaps I should've said Biba arc instead.

>doesn't mean that said arc isn't complete garbage
I know that. The show went into a less then pleasing direction.
>>
>>142866802
Nope, it's twelve.
>>
>>142866971
Source?
>>
>>142866986
Listed on their official website:
http://kabaneri.com/package/sp/03/
It says 9~12
>>
This show is an allegory for microbes, cells, and the human body.

It's metaphorically osmosis jones.
>>
>>142866346
>fantastic premises
Its just Pride, Prejudice and Zombies. All they had to do was keep it simple.
>>
>>142867111
I fucking wish this was Osmosis Jones
>>
File: 1462954248901.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1462954248901.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>142866458
>it's a very competent action show with good characters you care for.
Why do people want to believe that this show didn't have problems from out the get? The action was shit and the characters are bland and one-dimensional and this was before Biba came into the picture where it went full retard instead of just plain dumb.
>>
>tfw Biba means "party" in a lowlife version of Polish
I doubt I'd be ever able to take the guy seriously no matter how he was written.
>>
>>142866346
>Their S2 hook
How is there going to be an S2 though? Wit will be tied up with Titan S2 for the next year and noitaminA is locked all the way to Summer 2017. By that point nobody is going to remember this show
>>
What are some things the japs actually executed well the whole way through?
>>
>>142867917
the action scenes were good
>>
File: img03.jpg (58 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
img03.jpg
58 KB, 650x366
Do you guys actually like watching anime?

I'm having a good time watching the show, and the last episode was entertaining as fuck.
>>
>>142867994
Really? What is supposed to be the focal point of this scene? From the director's point of view, what exactly does he want the audience to feel while watching this scene?
>>
>>142867422
Biba is also slang for faggot in portuguese.
>>
>>142862153
>Another Macross bitcher
Just because it's not muh Macross doesn't mean it's not very macross. We had shit like 7, zero, and frontier, which all probably do things you'd bitch about, baby.
>>
>>142868260
Not sure what you're trying to say, but my dick definitely felt this scene.
>>
>>142868248
I actually enjoy anime that's why the moment I submit this post I'll be filtering this shit thread.
>>
>>142865269
>introduce a character in an episode
>make him appear as a villain
>then proceed to reveal the plot in this episode,and the next there by revealing 80 percent of the plot
>>
>not taking the first episode allegory seriously
>not seeing that this series had ABSOLUTELY NO potential from the first time it was unveiled (WIT Studio, people in charge of script and direction worked on Code Geass, Guilty Crown and other shit, blatant uninspired SnK ripoff)
>should you force yourself (like me) to watch this boring shit, not dropping it after the ridiculous black giant thing was shown

Neo-/a/ will be neo-/a/.
>>
>>142868623
>not dropping it after the ridiculous black giant thing was shown
The episode where they defeated that thing was the best episode, though.
>>
>>142862421

Almost everyone is but finally the bullshit seems like it's starting to get to be top much for the PR spin to counteract. You out this much crap for this long and eventually all but the absolute idiots
>>
>>142868623
>Neo-/a/
No such thing, go back to /v/.
>>
>>142863481

Anime seems to love rewarding it's shittest people with more big budget gigs while it's people that actually give a shit and are competent get maybe a project a year. Maybe it's that the competent people know things take time and planning so they only do something every couple of years instead of in a mass produced fashion like your Sawanos. That said Araki doesn't get the mass production treatment Sawano, Urobuchi, Okada and that do and he still doesn't seem to get any better
>>
>>142868831
Not him, but
>implying young millennials aren't flocking to /a/ and related due to recent ease of access (streaming, social acceptability, etc), and changing the gross demographic for the worst
Fuck off, twerp.
>>
>>142868831
Old /a/ would have never fallen for the "muh graphics" shit. And it's not like the animation was amazing to start with (aside from that asphyxiation scene) anyway. Sure the series looks (looked?) good but not all that glitters is gold and people who were around watching stuff like Guilty Crown (or even further back watching 80s OAVs with amazing designs but absolute shit everything else) would have expected this shit to become a trainwreck.

Considering you're using the /v/ boogeyman, I'm gonna use it as well: people on /a/ who swear only by "muh graphical aspect" are the exact same shit as underage tards who believe the most important aspect of a videogame should be the visuals and are therefore more likely to come from /v/ than I.

True, I will admit I'm fairly new to anime as well, but I will NEVER fall into the trap of "IT LOOKS GOOD SO IT'S GOOD SHIT". Only idiots and underage think that way, and those idiots should get the fuck off 4chan.
>>
File: 1451365171891.jpg (58 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
1451365171891.jpg
58 KB, 700x394
>>142869677
>Old /a/ would have never fallen for the "muh graphics" shit.
>True, I will admit I'm fairly new to anime as well
>>
>>142869677
You're trying to get cred way too hard
>>
>>142865269
The plot was already moving.
Biba is easily one of the worst villains this season.
Lastly, the series dropped any semblance of survival and turned into magical power level bullshit.
>>
>>142869747
Just because I'm new to something doesn't mean I haven't seen the way people acted before, nor don't I understand the way animation should be taken into consideration when you see former influential works and compare them with the trash released recently. Anybody with half a brain can get attuned to the old ways just by watching the works and understanding the values that come from it and WHY those works are regrded as amazing. Ideas don't come from the void.
>>
File: 1.jpg (10 KB, 250x198) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
10 KB, 250x198
>>142869677
I was wary from the moment I saw "same writer as Valvrave".
>>
>>142870103
>>142869677

lurk moar faggot
>>
>>142862697
I am, please explain for me.
>>
>>142860630
Oh please. You're exaggerating a lot.

People didn't like this latest episode.

Doesn't mean they hate the show forever and ever.

It's only a complete 180 of opinion when it comes to fools who jump from bandwagon to bandwagon like a whore changes underwear,.

Not to mention plenty of casuals still enjoy it.
>>
>>142868623
>direction worked on Code Geass,
Actually, if that were literally true, the show would have been better than this. But we got Araki instead.
>>
>>142868623
Potential for what? It's a fun dumb zombie romp that apes SnK. You don't need to force yourself to watch anything if you can't handle that. The giant black smoke episode was pretty good.
>>
>>142863481
How the fuck did you expect a show like this to be subtle about characters or anything else? That's not part of the formula they're going for.
>>
>>142871659

Except SnK is miles better.
>>
>>142860749
>implying the pre-orders equal final sales
>>
>>142861062
Hellsing had Nazis who survived WWII into the modern day so there's nothing wrong about that.

It's not a random city either. They're the last outpost before the capital, so getting rid of it makes sense if you're an attacker.
>>
>>142861102
It still is a stupid action show. Most of those have plots equivalent to this one in terms of predictability, so there should not be any surprise about that. They've only made one character have an unusual power level and she's now dead.

Also, you're amnesiac. The girl was only independent from the folks on the train. She was totally dependent on her brother right from her first episode showing and her behavior has never been mature. It's like dumbfucks weren't paying attention.
>>
>>142871699
>that's how it was meant to be so it's okay if it's bad
>>
>>142861279
It's only terrible for retards who scream about originality when the show was never trying to be original.
>>
>>142861408
People are stupid if they can't see that a show like this can't be "slice of life" by definition since you need an excuse to set up a big fight at the end. It's a given. Just killing random zombies when they weren't a threat to the main characters would get old even faster.
>>
>>142861704
It's not even "off the rails" since this is a completely generic and predictable for the show to follow, rather than something crazy or random. In fact, those "warning signs" are blatant foreshadowing.

I seriously have to wonder about what the hell did you expect about this series.
>>
>Suddenly a bunch of defending posts every minute

>>142871868
>It's only terrible for retards who scream about originality when the show was never trying to be original.
That's a goddamn laugh considering how much the fanboys were trying to pretend this was so much better and different than AoT for weeks
>>
>>142861704
It's better than Valvrave and enjoyable for the most part, so quit your bitching.
>>
Are there even any mumeifags left after last ep?
She's such a shit
>>
>>142861904
Valvrave was incredibly random and crazy every other week. Kabaneri has remained incredibly formulaic both before, during and probably after the newest episod.

I don't think a single brief "zombie laser" is enough to make the show a trainwreck since it didn't change anything about the plot at all and they explicitly showed the power source for it.
>>
>>142861929
Conversely, it's because the first episode was already dumb and unrealistic like more than half of zombie fiction that I have absolutely no trouble with the show doing a couple more dumb things.
>>
>>142862310
Kabaneri isn't over yet. It can go up or down, depending on how Japs react to the final episodes
>>
>>142871758
Hellsing had a lot of ridiculous things that didn't try or need to make sense, but the nazis being around isn't one of them. No shit they survived, they're immortals and spent those decades hanging out in a hangar, they weren't still fighting any wars.
>>
>>142862665
Ikoma has been sidelined lately, but it's obviously Kabaneri will give him more stuff to do now that they've finished setting up Biba's evil plan. And honestly, Ikoma was already kind of dumb and idealistic from episode one. He's not too far from the average shonen guy.
>>
>>142865264

And heavily sponsored by Sony Music too feature their artists though they didn't cram their favorite people in quite as much as they did with Guilty Crown, Saekano etc
>>
>>142862742
Biba has been mentioned like five times before even appearing in the show and it was made clear that Mumei was following his ideas about strength and whatever. Zombie survival on a train is still part of the setting but they were always headed towards the capital. Just happened to run into Biba on the way, but they're gonna end up in the same exact place. The only thing they're ruining, and even that's not a new thing, is Mumei by emphasizing her dumb actions which aren't all that new either.

The setup for the final is transparently making the good guys "lose" to the villain before they can come together and kick his ass.
>>
>>142872152

>Ikoma dumb

He is a brilliant engineer who has lapses of judgement because he is a hot head. He is intelligent not dumb.
>>
>>142863257
He has a background that explains his evilness. What's wrong about that?
>>
>>142871949
This actually different.
All characters are shit boring 1 dimensional, I don't care any of them.
>>
>>142865670
Okouchi already got paid and they won't bother him if the actual sales, not pre-orders, meet their targets. And they definitely could be higher than predicted, if the finale makes people satisfied or at least less angry.
>>
>>142866042
>implying he and the rest of the staff don't think silly things are amusing.
>>
>>142860630
What's the biggest trainwreck of this season? This, RE:Zero, Big Order or Mayoiga?

Someone do a strawpoll or something.
>>
>>142866285
The finale will still be either a colony or this super kabane-type attacking the capital.
>>
File: 1464943016591.jpg (254 KB, 800x1121) Image search: [Google]
1464943016591.jpg
254 KB, 800x1121
Best girl.
>>
>>142866829
Almost none of the new elements are really coming out of nowhere and most of them were telegraphed.
>>
>>142871711
SNK has a lot more episodes. That's a big deal.
>>
>>142871838
>unless a show has subtleness it's bad
So Jojo sucks then.
>>
>>142871949
It did some things better than AoT and others worse. Never meant it wasn't a ripoff.
>>
>>142872511
Yes.
>>
>>142872375
This is just generic shonen. Trainwrecks need to be crazier than this. Big Order or Mayoiga have a ton more plot twists.
>>
>>142871711
Agreed. Redditfags are delusional like usual.
>>
The Biba arc sucks so far.

That's what we can all agree about.

Otherwise, the show has been fun but forgettable.
>>
>>142872571
>Big Order or Mayoiga have a ton more plot twists.
>Mayoiga
>Plot twists
What
>>
>>142867917

I don't get post like this, if you think Japan sucks so much, why the fuck are you here on /a/?
>>
>>142872621
Mayoiga is anime LOST
>>
>>142860630

That's why hype is a bad thing. I never took this show seriously and that's worked well for me
>>
File: you again.jpg (31 KB, 429x248) Image search: [Google]
you again.jpg
31 KB, 429x248
>>142872226
>Sony
Fucking up anime and comic book adaptations at the same time. Bravo.
>>
Biba is not a bad concept. He works as a contrast to Ikoma in various ways. But they should have kept him for a second season instead of rushing his introduction just for the sake of having a 1 cour show end on a big battle.

If they did that and gave him more episodes to set up his whole plan and shit, the results would be easier to swallow. So Wit's lack of confidence and ambition, plus their busy schedule that won't give them room for a S2 anytime soon, were the structural flaw.
>>
>>142872667
Even Lost is better than Mayoiga, and they're both fucking awful. Mayoiga so far has not only been incredibly boring, but everything that has happened has been nearly 100% predictable. Koharun was quite obviously up to something the whole time.
>>
It's a 6/10 show that people irrationally wanted to be 8/10 so their disappointment in the show aiming for a boring JRPG finale instead of some sort of grand narrative leads to an overreaction among the audience.Show's not that bad, but also not that good either.
>>
>>142872780

Lost is a good show though.
>>
>>142868248
>Do you guys actually like watching anime?
Yes. I'm enjoying at least 10 different series right now. There's more to anime than just Kabaneri you know.
>>
>>142868248
Kabaneri is still entertaining enough to be worth watching, but the show could use better episodes than the latest one.
>>
File: buster sword.jpg (13 KB, 410x209) Image search: [Google]
buster sword.jpg
13 KB, 410x209
The only weapon strong enough to defeat Biba
>>
>>142872848
No, it's not.
>>
File: FusionSword.jpg (50 KB, 600x931) Image search: [Google]
FusionSword.jpg
50 KB, 600x931
>>142873027
Your need this one, anon.
>>
>>142864025
THIS.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.