[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FLCL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Is it really as profoundly deep as people claim?
>>
>>142858389
no. it was really boring. evangelion is still the deepest and best anime out there
>>
>>142858389
I wouldn't say it's deep it's just not as straightforward as other coming-of-age stories.
>>
It's puberty + dicks + growing up. That's all.

It just runs at a thousand miles an hour and has a great soundtrack.
>>
not deep tbqh, but aesthetic as fuck
>>
Nah. Not deep.
It is very well put together, and an all-around great viewing experience though.
>>
>>142858460
>>142858497
>>142858525
>not deep
>puberty, that's all
Then why is there still no explanation for the blatant defecation imagery, like in OP pic, as well the the multiple spicy curry shits?
>>
>>142858389
Just dealing with serious themes at all already makes it more deep than the vast majority of anime.
>>
the whole point of the show was for the creator to animate everything he thought was cool in a coming of age theme, its been confirmed

there is no deeper meaning, but its a good anime with nice symbolism and music
>>
>>142859001
I think the animators were just being silly. Gainax alum fuck around a lot.
>>
>>142858389
Here is a tip to the people how are retarded enough to ask /a/ if a show has thematic depth or not.
First you shoud kill yourself. Then write a search line in google and/or youtube that starts with the title of the show and is followed by the word analysis. Read/watch the essays people have wrote about the show and decide for yourself if it counts as "deep" or not.
>>
File: embarrasment.png (1 MB, 1010x770) Image search: [Google]
embarrasment.png
1 MB, 1010x770
>>142859328
>watching youtube anime analysis
>anime "essays"
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.