[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let’s talk about Type-Moon. The first ever eroge I played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: sa.jpg (1 MB, 4745x2913) Image search: [Google]
sa.jpg
1 MB, 4745x2913
Let’s talk about Type-Moon.

The first ever eroge I played was Tsukihime, more than 6 years ago. It’s been so long now that I barely remember how it all went; all I know is that it became my gateway to this niche hobby that’s now pretty much inseparable from my online identity. Over the past few years, I’ve immersed myself in the Type-Moon community – I read and watched pretty much every translated Type-Moon thing from the original Fate/stay night VN to the very obscure Angel Notes short story.

At some point, I stopped. You could say I grew out of the obsession – all that was left to do in the T-M community were power level arguments and wait for translations to come out of thin air.

Fast forward to July-August 2015, when Fate/Grand Order got released. At first, I was planning to play it only for Sakurai Hikaru’s portions of the scenario. But there was no escape from the moment I installed the game on my phone – I fell hopelessly in love once more with the dumb memes, the quirky but incredibly fun characters, and the vast setting that the franchise is known for. But on the other hand, coming back to the Fate/ franchise after a long absence also led to a realization:

No one in the English Type-Moon community knows what they’re talking about.

Spending my time lurking Fate/Grand Order threads, as well as seeing various opinions on the recent Unlimited Blade Works anime has only reinforced that opinion. Much of the opinions I’ve seen on Fate/stay night – and by extension, Kinoko Nasu as a writer – are based on horribly twisted “common knowledge” and endlessly-parroted memes on Nasu’s knowledge of sexual intercourse and proper writing – both of which can be blamed on sub-par translations and adaptations of his games.
>>
File: 1416653705150.jpg (159 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1416653705150.jpg
159 KB, 1920x1080
>>142812479
Thanks for the blogpost, man.

Have a picture of Taiga for your trouble.
>>
>>142812576
Try actually discuss things, not just confirm what's written.
>>
File: 1420006994180.jpg (38 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1420006994180.jpg
38 KB, 848x480
>>142812595
Have more Taiga.
>>
>>142812479
Nice pasta you got there.
>>
>>142812919
Luckily there's such thing as an /a/ archive. Go use it and see it was never posted on /a/ before.
>>
>>142813014
Luckily there's such a thing as google. Go use it and see if it was ever posted on the web before.
>>
>>142812479

Subscribed.
>>
File: saiba.png (314 KB, 798x469) Image search: [Google]
saiba.png
314 KB, 798x469
>>
>>142812479
> I fell hopelessly in love
Bad taste, fgo is shit. I only play it to shitpost on fgog and to put marvin into shame
>>
>some peoples unironically likes taiga

I'll never get this.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.