[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MAGI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 106
File: tumblr_static_lols.png (88 KB, 716x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_lols.png
88 KB, 716x640
Why does MAGI suck so much recently?

And what shounen manga should I better waste time on?
>>
I would probably still read Magi but it has a really severe case of sameface

most of the main cast is alright but all the fuckers of not-China all look the same.

then there was the Soloman flashback arc where I had no idea what the fuck was going on.
>>
>>142807673
I'm enjoying the corporate battle between Kou and Sindria.
>>
>>142807673
Alma Torran killed the series.
Ali's fight with Zuko and the war against Kou put the nails in the coffin.
This arc is where the series finally gets buried.

They should have kept the series about political shennanigans and dungeon raiding. I honestly can't see why anyone would follow this series unless it's for shipper faggotry or unfathomable boredom.

>>142808174 Prime example here. He says he's in it for the corporate battle but we all know he's a fishfag.
>>
>>142807821
> most of the main cast is alright but all the fuckers of not-China all look the same.

Well they are literally related.
>>
Magi has been pretty great recently but I guess thats just cause I love Arba and Hakuryuu reappeared.
>>
>>142808234
Don't fucking tell me why I enjoy something.
>>
>>142807673
That is what happens when you suddenly do two related series at once.
>>
>>142808302
Would you really care as much if it was Kouha and not Kougyoku?
Do you think think you'd be as invested as you are now if the mangaka wasn't baiting AliKou?
>>
>>142808363
Why should Kouha or Kougyoku matter? It's not like those two are playing that big of a role in rebuilding Kou's economy, Alibaba is doing all the work.
>>
>>142807673
Magi is the best battle shonen in circulation. It might be boring to some, but I find it special and different from the rest of generic shonen.
>>
>>142808684
Are you serious? NNT is shit. Magi is considerably higher.
>>
File: 1462405000292.jpg (44 KB, 299x285) Image search: [Google]
1462405000292.jpg
44 KB, 299x285
I been watching the sinbad prequel and I gotta say, I am loving it more than regular Magi.
>>
>>142808779
>>142808322
pretty sure Sinbad was made because of fan complaints about the main series.
>>
>>142808779
That's not a very good endorsement considering the current quality of the series.
>>
>>142807673
Depends on what you originally liked about it.
>>
>>142808779
Because Magi is different from generic shonen so it may annoy people. I appreciate most Magi because I am tired of generic shonen.
>>
>>142807673
I really like Magi. The only other shonen that I liked so much was FMA.
>>
>>142808853
It annoys people because it's poorly written, not because it's 'different'. Actually I like it at the moment, but the rest of the series has been pretty fucking generic.
>>
Magi chapter 310 Spoilers : http://eleore.tumblr.com/post/145848899823/magi-310-spoilers
>>
>>142808983
This is completely false. Magi is one of the best shonen manga written. People are bored because they did not want to read much dialogue and is not interested in the part of political and economic.
>>
>>142809002
BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
>>142809161

Name a better side character in NnT than Sinbad or Ali Baba?

Also Alladin>Meliodas as a protagonist.
>>
>>142808684
>>142809161
Why is everyone comparing Magi to NnT specifically? They don't run in the same magazine and don't have much in common beyond being shounen.
>>
>>142809161
You're joking, right? A woman? Do you know that FMA (one of the best shonen ever) is created by a woman? However, Magi is objectively superior to NNT in all aspects, except maybe art.
>>
>>142809259
>>142809203
>Alladin>Meliodas
Bullshit. And Alibaba is not a side character. Magi has the better cast but NNT is better.
>>
>>142807673
There's plenty to enjoy. The corporate battle, the gay, Arba, the edge, Sinbad, the gay, Alibaba bullying, the edge, etc.
I'm sorry you can't be entertained by that. Maybe it's time you move away from shonen altogether, or try picking up a shitty shonen like Toriko.
>>
File: biting.png (35 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
biting.png
35 KB, 625x626
>>142809306
If you're gonna go that way, I could argue men wrote Psyren and Toriko.
>>
>>142809198
Are you serious? Are you saying that Magi is misspelled? Tell me a shonen that you think are well-written. I would understand if I have to consider your criticism and respond.
>>
Magi was never very good.
>>
Stop comparing Magi and NNT. Magi is objectively better.
>>
>>142809470
this magi always good
>>
GOD DAMNIT, THIS MANGA NEED TO GO BACK TO ALIBABA AND FISH ARC AGAIN

THOSE TWO CLEARLY SAVE THIS MANGA STORYLINE

WHERE IS MY ALIBABA MUH BLACK SAHARA FRIEND STORY???????
>>
File: 19 (1).jpg (61 KB, 500x880) Image search: [Google]
19 (1).jpg
61 KB, 500x880
>>142809429
The market has always been harsher to women. They only starting being hired by magazines in the 70s, because there was a shortage of shojo writers (magazines were trying to compete with TV by releasing more series but at the same time male mangakas were all writing shonen and gekiga). Moreover as a matter of fact women aren't as interested in shonen as men are, so there's also that.
>Name five woman who wrote good shounen
Okay.
Keiko Takemiya.
Hiromu Arakawa
Katsura Hoshino
Ohtaka
Kazue Kato

And I'm tempted to include Haruichi Furudate, but that still wasn't confirmed.
>>
>>142807673 (OP)
What do you mean?
All the shounen series out there, Magi is the only series i still look forward to every week
I still read WT if it come out tho, and sometime Fairy Tail for the laugh.
I already lost my interest in series like OP, HxH, NnT year ago

And to me Magi>>>NnT all the way, NnT suck so much after the 1st arc. Atleast Magi ha
>>142808234
Alma Toran suck in weekly basic but rereading in one sitting is fine.
Baba vs Haku literally the best 1on1 fight in Magi, Kou war end in a anti-climatic way but still the war part still good on weekly basic.

It just not your taste then, to me Magi way better than other shounen can offer

>>142809562
Forget to delete the name when i was making the thread the day before
>>
Magi is really the first battle shonen with a choral narration? I think so. It's the first time I see more protagonists in the true sense of the term, not like in HxH or FMA.
>>
Magi is the best ongoing shonen manga without question. Ambitious and engaging storyline, well developed characters, amazing dynamic battles and fancy magic spells, vast world and great sense of humour. There are a few faults here and there like pacing or uneven art quality, but no one has a whole package as solid.
>>
>>142809203
>side character
>Alibaba

Are you serious?
How do you take into account the opinions of people who do not understand even what they read?
>>
>>142809845
It can't be the best when HxH exists.
>>
>>142807673
Just read Seinen instead
>>
>>142809929
Never had a boring moment on Ohtaka's wild ride.
>>
>>142809937
HiatusxAsspull
>>
>>142809937
Hunter x Hunter is okay but hardly makes use of the medium having to much told rather than shown. Also, the author is easily bored so the focus changes are pretty abrupt.
>>
>>142809992
A disagreeable opinion! It must be an enemy lie!
>>
>>142809937
HxH is good but not for the quality of the screenplay (full of asspull and forced, and is not ambitious, it's just very simple). The story of Magi is much more ambitious and much better written. If you prefer the fighting read HxH, if you prefer the story read Magi.
>>
>>142809999
Except Togashi is easily one of the best at panelling and composition in battle shounen. A lot of dialogue doesn't mean a LACK of visual storytelling, which it has in spades. The last page of the most recent chapter alone is more impactful than anything I can recall seeing in Magi.
>>
Magi is not boring. Boredom depends on the person who reads it. If Magi talk about politics or economics and the person is bored it is not the fault of Magi, because the goal of Magi is to offer just that.
>>
I prefer reading 10~20 chapters in 1 sitting than reading a new chapter each week
>>
File: hut.png (553 KB, 1200x827) Image search: [Google]
hut.png
553 KB, 1200x827
>>142810056
You have terrible judgement and no self awareness. The last thing anyone could call HxH is unambitious, just look at the CA arc and the current arc.
>>
>>142807673
trying to make mainchar a joke
if you want to make a main char, don't make him a butt in monkey
>>
magi is not really a battle shounen
>>
File: 1459113720940.jpg (48 KB, 377x497) Image search: [Google]
1459113720940.jpg
48 KB, 377x497
>>142809161
>>142809289
These days you can't even go on a manga thread without mentioning that the author is a woman if the manga is written by a woman.

Like i get that it probably got your hormone's all excited just thinking about it, but it has no relevance to the discussion at hand. I can't even get into FMA, Magi or KnJ threads without someone mentioning it at least once. Because then the threads goes into other direction.
>>
>>142810225
>magi is not really a battle shounen

True.
Magi is a shonen story driven
>>
>>142809439
>Tell me other shonen that you think are well-written so i can attack you
>>
>>142809929
It's boring to dimwitted retards who can't into economics.
>>
>>142810101
He can do good panelling but doesn't do as often as he should. And dead phone boy is okay, but nothing special.
>>
I just realized that the Dark Continent exists with the same name in Magi and HxH. Which manga was the first to introduce it?
>>
>>142809429
You'll also find 100 men who wrote shitty LN in return, too. What's your point?
>>
>>142810381
HxH
>>
>>142807673
I blame that flash back arc nobody wants.
>>
>>142810481
Magi introduced it in like chapter 7 so i think Magi 1st
>>
>>142809161
>written by a woman
>the character Arba
>Alibaba suffering
>glorious nipples and gore out in open
Ohtaka is better than fat fucks who get boners drawing half naked cartoons anyday
>>
>>142810481
What? Magi introduced the Dark Continent at the beginning of the story. If I remember correctly, in chapter 10.
>>
>>142810566
>>142810632
yeah sorry i was wrong also gook chapter when
>>
>>142808234
>Alma Torran killed the series.
It reallly did. How long was that arc, six months? Half a fucking year without the actual plot taking even one step of progression and even worse, without seeing any of the characters we all grew to know and love by this point. What the fuck was the author thinking?
>>
1.The pacing, it is very slow. Thus, making many people very bored quickly. If you extend things too long, like a lot of long-running shounen, the quality begins to suffer.
2.Adding fanservice as well as comedy ruins the serious tone of the story. Lacks the uniformity of the series.
3. One dimensional villains add little depth and just makes the victimizing card more convenient.
4. The typical shounen value of reviving someone. That loses the value of death after they revive. It does not matter even if it is used once. You have a major character die, he is supposed to stay dead.
5. Aladdin, many things are too revolved around him while he has the greatest plot armor and even there are times when people should realize that he is not considered the true protagonist of the story.
6. Problems being resolved with just magic as a plot convenience as well as there being no knowledge to the limitations of magic that can be abused.
>>
>>142810677
>Alma Torran killed the series
Right after which we got Edgebros.
Personally my most favorite arc, not including the civil war. I honestly don't mind that I had to suffer through flashback arc given what I got after that.
>>
>>142810677
>It reallly did. How long was that arc, six months? Half a fucking year without the actual plot taking even one step of progression and even worse, without seeing any of the characters we all grew to know and love by this point. What the fuck was the author thinking?
But it essential to te story tho, Ohtaka have to tell it either way, at least she have the guts to tell it instead of Naruto with Kaguya come out of nowhere with no back story to back it up because Kishi to scare to add more back story to the story
>>
>>142810680
>The typical shounen value of reviving someone. That loses the value of death after they revive. It does not matter even if it is used once. You have a major character die, he is supposed to stay dead.

Alibaba has never died. His soul was separated from his body, that's all.
And the concept of death in Magi is not normal. Even if a person dies, still exists in the large flow of Rukh.
>>
>>142810728
Yeah, but for the long term, how damaging was the AT arc? How many people dropped the series because they got sick of waiting for their favourite characters to return?
>>
>>142810821
It makes it more convenient to bring them back or in such a way to defend it without a good depth to such a way. No payoff. The author at this point is too scared to kill off a character when appropriate.
>>
File: 1465658430224.png (87 KB, 409x685) Image search: [Google]
1465658430224.png
87 KB, 409x685
>>142807673
>Why does MAGI suck so much recently?
Retard.
>>
>>142810839
Not by much. The sales quickly picked up once the arc ended iirc.
>>
>>142810742
Six months is too long. A three weeks long flashback without any of the SoL shojo protag Sheba fat would have been enough. I can understand Ohtaka really wanted to use Sheba as a character and tell her story, but she could have done that after Magi ends. Leaving Sheba and the rest as one dimensional vaguely mythological beings would have been enough for the amount of useful information we're getting out of this.
>>
>>142810884
I still cant get over how cute she became when she thought Solomon was there.
Fucking retard. He should've just waifued her and saved the kids all this trouble.
>>
>>142810680
1. No, actually, the pacing is a mess, slow at the beginning but fast as fuck at the end of the arc
2. Magi have little fan service compare to other series, mostly fan serivce is for comedy only. To me Ohtaka do great comedy and at a nice time for it too, so i didn't really feel out of place
3. You mean Kouen is one dimensional, some of the arc villains from the beginning is kind of like that but when the confilice between all the major character like Kouen and Sinbad, i can't feel that way anymore
4. There like only 1 major character that got revive and that is Alibaba, and we all know he won't be dead anyway because he too importance to the series, there a lot of plot point for him to solve.
5. But he still is the main protagonists
6. The problems often not getting solve at the end of the arc, they just left it there and accept it is like that
>>
>>142810677
I really appreciate this story arc. Not only was it essential to the story of the Magi, but also demonstrates the courage of the author.
>>
>>142808234
>Alma Torran killed the series.
alma torran was important but it was too long
>>
>>142810918
There's nothing particularly wrong with AT arc. On the other hand, there's many wrongs with the MAGI fanbase.
>>
>>142810905
>implying she'd stop getting wet for Ill Illah if Solomon gave her kids and Ill Illah murdered them
Contrary to popular belief, the dick can't cure everything.
>>
>>142810918
It does, but I also think the author was naive in taking such a risk. I think the best course to take with that arc would have been to make it a seperate serialization ala Sinbad.
>>
>>142810946
Waifuing =/= Dicking

I'm talking about a full-on SoL attack anon.
>>
>>142809971
>calling anything in hxh a asspull
>forgetting how baba came back alive
>forgetting how Judar never died in space and conveniently found that no rukh place
>>
>>142810968
This. Stopping a storyline for 6 months to go on a tangent is already a huge risk, but stopping a storyline for 6 months to go on a tangent that doesn't star any of the characters previously introduced in the story? That's fucking suicidal.
>>
>>142810742
>>142810918
She should have done a spin off series regarding it in sll honesty, then it wouldn't have been rushed either.
>>
even if the anime was shit but the OST was goat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIp7gjTKx7s
>>
>>142811008
Alibaba has not come back to life! His soul was in another dimension! He is never dead! Although his body was torn to pieces he might return the same, would not change anything.

Judar was never released by the atmosphere of the planet! Ugo helped him and took him in the Dark Continent.
>>
>>142810911
Next time, proofread. I can barely read your mess.
1. We had terrible pacing with flashbacks. Slow as hell.
2. Adding such things to a grimdark setting (slavery, suggested rape, political conflict) ruins the atmosphere. And you just made a subjective opinion on the comedy. The moment you said, "me," you sounded just like any other fan that have rose-tinted glasses.
3. You "feel"? No, you don't do that. You see it from the objective view, not subjective view. Even early in the story, there were too many one-dimensional villains in the series to even care a little about. Self-indulgence. If you even think about getting past that, you are surely mistaken.
4. Then why create such drama in the first place if it was going to be resolved anyways? This is the exact same problem with Dragon ball. Losing tension with the idea of death in many shounen or they are too afraid to lose any character.
5. Him being the main protagonist is the problem.
6. Did you even read #6 correctly?
>>
>>142810475
>>142810625
Holy shit what do you have against men you fucking nu-male?
>>
>>142811021
What are you saying??? AT served to know the universe of Magi, how did the world and the living beings of the current Magi world! It is not true that did not send the story forward.
>>
>>142811141
>???
This is a Magi-fag, /a/!
>>
>>142811119
>praise women
>what do you have against men?!
You tell me, retard.
>>
>>142811119
Talk shit about my waifu Ohtaka again and I'll vote for Trump.
>>
>>142811086
Yes all to convenient.

Hisoka situation has a clear explanation and shouldn't come of suprising but since you fags act like shiposters I'm down too.

This series hasn't even had a significant character from the current verse actually dead yet.
>>
>>142811141
But from a narrative standpoint, the story that is taking place in the current world, at the current time, is far more important than a story that already ended thousands of years prior. Yes, it was good world-building and yes, it helped us get to know the nature of the Magi verse better; but it was all at the cost of the actual plot and characters that are driving it in the here and now.
>>
>>142811186
Go ahead, vote for him. We don't care. Suits the decision of an idiot.
>>
>>142811218
>We
>>
>>142811103
>5. Him being the main protagonist is the problem.

Are you retarded? Aladdin is not the main protagonist because the Magi has a choral story! Actually Alibaba originated before as we know, in fact, Aladdin would have to be a female and only at the last Ohtaka changed his sex making it what it is.
>>
>>142811141
The only informations we needed to propel the story forward was:
David, Arba, Solomon and Sheba's conflict. Who they are, what they did, what they want.
Djiins are former magicians from Alma Torran.
Current human beings are a mix of former beasts and magicians.
The current world was built by Solomon with the intent to get free from Ill Illah and David's grasp on people's destiny.

There, that's it. Did we need to know about Sheba's struggle to ask Solomon out? Did we need to see her bonding with giant cats? Did we need to see barbecue babies? Did we need to see Ugo with glasses? The answer to all these, is of course no. It was interesting and fun, but it certainly wasn't essential to the plot.
>>
>>142811171
You have repeatedly said that men are shitty writers as the main point of your main argument. It's like you have a chip on your shoulder for them
>Psyren and Toriko are shitty mangas because they're made by men
>hundreds of men wrote shitty LN
>men are fat fucks who get boners drawing half naked cartoons anyday

You really have something against them don't you?
>>
>>142811186
Is that a threat or something?
>>
File: Stop posting.jpg (31 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Stop posting.jpg
31 KB, 600x450
>>142811236
> Aladdin is not the main protagonist
Yes he is. He is the mc and trying to say that Magi has a choral story is another way of hiding the actual bullshit.
>Actually Alibaba originated before as we know, in fact, Aladdin would have to be a female and only at the last Ohtaka changed his sex making it what it is.
And this is relevant? Are you talking out of your ass by adding irrelevant information that has nothing to do with the quality of the story? I should be the one to ask if YOU are retarded. Enough. You clearly shown how underaged you really are. Come back when you are 18.
>>
File: topkek bro.jpg (23 KB, 453x423) Image search: [Google]
topkek bro.jpg
23 KB, 453x423
>>142811330
>you have repeatedly said that men are shitty writers as the main point of your main argument
No I did not. I only wrote the post about Psyren but you still managed to misinterpret all 3 of these posts you quoted. It's amazing somehow.
>>
>>142811330
Dont know about the first 2 but I wrote the 3rd one. You also misquoted me.
>>
>>142811231
No one is willing to care about the actions of an idiot supporting an idiot. Which is why I said "we".
>>
>>142811411
You missed
>#TheStruggleContinues
>>
>>142811382
So you're saying that Aladdin is a most important character in the story of Alibaba? Are you serious? They are at the same level because Magi is a choral story .
>>
>>142811383
>>142811401
Whatever it is, you guys act like Magi's author being a female is the only solid reason to defend it on the internet. Please don't get all your panties in a bunch over this little gender thing.
>>
>>142811431
I told you that he IS the mc. Argue all you want, it is his point of view whether regardless you consider him to not be the protagonist. You are literally arguing the idea that every single character is the mc, when in reality, Aladdin is the true main character. He suffers from a great plot armor. And he is a bad protagonist that does not have a uniformity in the series with him and boobs fetish, deformity moments (bad), and barely of a personality other than the usual shounen tropes of being nice.
>>
>>142811492
What?
Claiming that magi is shit because it was written by a woman is the kind of insecure faggotry that's ruins the whole thread.
>>
>>142811194
The case of Hisoka is a real asspull. In the case of Alibaba's no and it does not go against the rules of the universe of Magi. However, I do not know if you understand, but if the Alibaba Body Had Been completely destroyed he would still come back as a soul, and if he Wished he could take the body of someone else. Again to be clear, Alibaba never died. Alibaba has just returned to his size, the explanation of how did you get back we will certainly.
>>
>>142811492
>Whatever it is, you guys act like Magi's author being a female is the only solid reason to defend it on the internet
You need to get your head out of your own anus. You might be able to clear up not only your reading comprehension, but also your persecutory delusions when it comes to men.
>>
I don't know why some of the anons decided to be sexist when bringing women into this. It does not matter based on what gender you are and should solely be based on the quality and character.
>>
>>142811582
Claiming it is great just because it's by a woman isn't right either.
>>
>>142811638
Probably a mix of bait, bad reading comprehension, being underage and bad faith.
>>
>>142811580
The story of Magi is viewed from multiple points of view. It depends on the character at that time. Almost always, the story is seen from the Alibaba point of view. You do not believe me? Try to reread chapters.
>>
>>142811654
And oh surprise, nobody did.
>>
>>142811654
And nobody said that. Stop letting the feminists get to you. We're all the same shade of shitters here.
>>
>>142811689
Oh I know, it is the fact that Aladdin is still the mc. Regardless of how you argue, he is still considered the mc. You are trying to defend a series that is badly written apart from the worldbuilding. You are now saying that he is not the main character. He IS the main character and was put in there because it was supposedly necessary. There are too many bad traits about Aladdin and you keep arguing that he is part of the whole entire cast. Fine, we go by your logic then. Then how will you excuse the amount of bullshit plot armor that Aladdin still has as well as the unnecessary influence he has in the story?
>>
>>142811813
Magi is not misspelled. The story is well written. Why it is poorly written? You are able to argue? You did not understand Magi. Magi from the start was very chorale as story, no one is saying who is the MC. Ohtaka treats his characters equally. Aladdin is important in the story of Magi because it is one of the rare MAGI and is in possession of the Wisdom of Solomon.
>>
>>142812053
I had the list as to why it was not well written, I told you. I understand Magi. But Aladdin as one of the main characters does not fit with his personality and overall character with the story. I told you before, it is not well written. And this,
>Aladdin is important in the story of Magi because it is one of the rare MAGI and is in possession of the Wisdom of Solomon.
That has nothing to do with the story quality. You could have another MAGI with an overall character that can fit with the uniformity of the setting. You are defending this series with rose-tinted glasses and given pathetic and subjective excuses just from saying, "to me" and "feel". That was not objective.
>>
File: 1465770309254.png (868 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465770309254.png
868 KB, 1280x720
>>142809002
>"Without one you're nothing special"
Ma boi Hakuryuu traded edge for sick bants
>>
>>142812253
Says who? It, too, does nothing but say subjective things. If you say that story is written badly let me see the contradictions and errors that are there in the story. I have not found errors in story, everything is consistent. Is there really a shonen underway with a better story? I do not see.
>>
File: me gusta el corazon.jpg (46 KB, 562x420) Image search: [Google]
me gusta el corazon.jpg
46 KB, 562x420
>>142809002
>“Arba-san… you might have been the strongest of Alma Torran… but that’s because you never fought with a Fanalis”
>>
>>142809002
>Mor engages Arba in combat, and while she is eventually blown away, Hakuryuu catches her.
>Hakuryuu catches her

Goddammit Ohtaka. Every Magi thread for the next week is going to be full of shipfags posting that panel isn't it?
>>
>>142812345
That's not contradictions and plot errors I have ever said to be a problem. I told you exactly what makes the series bad. Were all these subjective?>>142810680
No, they were true. It has nothing to do with consistency, it is the quality of the story, setting, and presentation that it suffers. Magi is not good. It lack uniformity (able to fit in with its setting and atmosphere), uses one dimensional villains to create a victim card as more convenient to give characters a reason to fight and limits (magic that can be abused if there are no known limits). It is bad, stop shilling the series.
>>
http://www.yuncomics.com/archives/1701505
>>
>>142812519
>Were all these subjective?>>142810680
>No, they were true.
That shit is subjective as fuck. Come up with something actually decent.
>>
File: n0111-copy.jpg (332 KB, 725x1080) Image search: [Google]
n0111-copy.jpg
332 KB, 725x1080
>>142812505
>>Hakuryuu catches her

He gives her a slight little push. Please don't egg the shippers on. You probably already summoned them, along with the rollfags.
>>
>>142812584
Honestly, the way Hakuryuu wore his black dragon outfit before was better. Now it looks like he's got a bathrobe on,
>>
Hakuryuu will always be cooler and had more entertaining arcs than fagba
>>
>>142812584
So, a fucking Magi can't handle Arba but two teenagers can. Buuuuuuuuullshit.
>>
File: n0118-copy.jpg (294 KB, 724x1080) Image search: [Google]
n0118-copy.jpg
294 KB, 724x1080
>>142812584
>landed a hit on her face
Ah this brings back so much memories. Where the fuck is Judar at.
>>
>>142812743
Combat ability >shitty mage
>>
>>142812743
Are you retarded? Yunan lost because it was defeated by the magical and physical point of view. Hakuryuu and Morgiana have stumped Arba from the physical point of view, not magical.
>>
File: n0121-copy.jpg (328 KB, 727x1080) Image search: [Google]
n0121-copy.jpg
328 KB, 727x1080
Holy fuck Arba getting absolutely rekt by Mor. Those fucking legs man. Baba is a lucky man.
>>
File: n0124-copy.jpg (280 KB, 726x1080) Image search: [Google]
n0124-copy.jpg
280 KB, 726x1080
I lost my fucking sides at first panel, finally she is getting rekt
>>
>>142812849
Ohtaka seems to be getting a lot flexible with the 'black eyes' thing.
Before it only appeared when Arba and Hakuryuu were making weird faces.
>>
File: n0109-copy.jpg (311 KB, 722x1080) Image search: [Google]
n0109-copy.jpg
311 KB, 722x1080
>>142812584
Arba's tits are a miracle of the universe
>>
>>142808684

Action: NnT
Characters: On par
Character design: Magi
World building: Magi(we don't know all about NnT)

Plot: Is complicated, NnT has a much simpler plot and doesn't commit as many mistakes. Magi has a complex "grey" story but fails often.
>>
File: 1441945918574.jpg (85 KB, 1080x604) Image search: [Google]
1441945918574.jpg
85 KB, 1080x604
>arc without alibaba
>suddenly this good

This should be the new main team and let fagba chill in Kou trying to our do Sinbad
>>
Hakyruu only belongs to Judar remove waifu
>>
>>142812907
Yoo i love magi but we gotta chill saying the characters designs are great considered a lot of characters have sameface problems.

The djinn equip designs are too tier though.
>>
>>142812929
keep dreaming fujo
>>
Arba is getting a beating, but it's in a 2vs1, to be fair. And only Hakuryuu has used offensive magic so far.
>>
>>142812738
>>142812912
>fagba XD
You must be 18+ to post on this site
>>
File: n0110-copy.jpg (275 KB, 722x1080) Image search: [Google]
n0110-copy.jpg
275 KB, 722x1080
>>142812905
Arba's sideboobs are godly too.
>>
>>142812929
Hakuryuu's waifu is Judar.
But I enjoyed the hell out of this chapter. Morgiana was awesome.
>>
>>142812996
Does silicone exist in Magi?
>>
So it's clear now, when Toto said "Hakuryuu and Morgiana" she meant "are in fightan combo gg"
>>
>>142812907
Are you serious? The NNT characters are shit. The story often fails? Are you serious? Where and what would be the problems of story? Stop with this comparison. Magi is objectively superior, end.
>>
>>142812943
Jericho and Deldrey
>>
>>142813080
Alibaba is having Kou scientist invent it for him at this moment to start producing onaholes.
>>
>>142813089
Hakuryuu and Morgiana have always been great supports. I guess it's natural their combo will be great.
>>
File: 1464647155437.jpg (233 KB, 500x775) Image search: [Google]
1464647155437.jpg
233 KB, 500x775
Who wore Arba better, Hakumom or Hakusis?
>>
>>142813118
Never said NNT was good.

Just Magi's ain't great itself.
>>
>>142813207
Hakumom
>>
>>142813207
Mom is better for home, sis is better for outside.
>>
Aladdin better be saving Isolation Barrier as last resort, given that Morg was curbstomping Arba with H2H combat.
>>
>>142813080
Clothes are enough to achieve a bouncy shape like this.
>>
>>142813207
>wake up from 20 year long mindcontrol to your son seconds before he beheads you
Feels bad being Hakumom.
>>
>>142813207
Hakumom, no doubt.

It was just perfect. Arbakuei is still good but I'm just not feeling it.
>>
HakuMor is such a perfect couple.
>>
>>142811654
No one did, you fucking autistic sperglord
>>
>>142813465
no
>>
>>142813465
Stop this please. Can we just have a discussion about the actual chapter? Keep your ships on tumblr.
>>
>>142812929
>>142812950
Why can't Haku just take both Morg and Judar as his waifus? Harem endings are always best.
>>
>>142813627
Don't start with the gay shit either. Keep that stuff on Tumblr.
>>
>>142811492
Are you autistic?
>>
>>142813638
Stop replying to them. The post you replied to is obvious bait. Just discuss the chapter and ignore them. They will fuck off back to Tumblr eventually.
>>
This fight is boring.
>>
>>142813638
Are you retarded? I am talking about the chapter.
>>
>>142813089
Why would that mean Alibaba can't go out with her anymore?
>>
>>142813639
Because Morg only cares for the Baba's baba.
>>
>>142814763
Too bad Baba only cares about Fish now.
>>
>>142814781
Go to selfinsert at tmblr
>>
>>142814781
Baba's cares about anything he can potentially shove his dick into.
>>
>>142814887
lol
>>
>>142814887
Any shipper needs to stop self-inserting as their husbandos. Especially the fujos.
>>
Sinbad's slave arc is such a masterpiece. I never tire of reading it.
>>
File: 1447126482899.jpg (652 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1447126482899.jpg
652 KB, 800x1200
>>
In your opinion what kind of manga will be the next manga by Shinobu Ohtaka after the end of Magi?
>>
>>142816496
I honestly don't know. I can't imagine her art style with any other story. For some reason it works with Magi though.
>>
>>142816496
AllI know there will be supevillain milfs.
>>
In your opinion how much could last the final arc of Magi? How many chapters?
>>
Read Medaka Box for shits and giggles.
>>
File: 57359602_p9.jpg (516 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
57359602_p9.jpg
516 KB, 1000x1200
The thread is dead so have some fresh Fishbaba.
>>
I wish Shinobu Ohtaka would begin to create seinen after the end of Magi. Do you agree?
>>
>>142816899
but magi is pretty much seinen
>>
>>142816819
Up to hundred. Maybe more. It has been 30 chapters, and we already got lots of good things, and not everyone was reintroduced yet.
>>
>>142812905
I just love how you can easily tell that Ohtaka has so much fun drawing Arba.
>>
>>142816496
Somethig Aztec, plz. I need to see Chel-like bitches being Ohtaka-villains.
>>
File: 1459872098890.png (110 KB, 1002x492) Image search: [Google]
1459872098890.png
110 KB, 1002x492
>>142816880
>FishBaba
I can dig it.
>>
File: The morning after.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The morning after.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>142816880
>>
File: tumblr_midpbkymMY1r6de0to2_500.gif (734 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_midpbkymMY1r6de0to2_500.gif
734 KB, 500x281
>>142816880
>>
In your opinion Ohtaka will do a flashback to explain where Alibaba lived as a spirit for 100 years and explain how he returned to his world?
>>
>>142817457
No.
>>
>>142812843
Fucking Morg trying to hurt Arba.

As if she couldn't be worst already.
>>
>>142817457
Maybe something more about meeting the old mage spirit dudes, but we have seen how they returned with Judar, what else is there?
>>
>>142813465
There are only acceptable Hakuryuu pairings are HakuJudar and HakuArba.

Anything else is degenerate.
>>
>>142817564
I mean how did he return to his dimension, not the journey with Judar.
>>
File: 1462924160962.jpg (51 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1462924160962.jpg
51 KB, 1024x576
>>142817649
You're a man of culture.
>>
>>142817658
But Alma Torran is where Hakuryuu's magic warped his soul. He met mages, then met Judar, then met mother dragon, and they travelled back to the real world.
>>
>>142817649
Sounds logical.

But what about Hakubaba?
>>
>>142817765
But we saw a picture of Alibaba where there were Wahid and Tess, who had become part of the Dark Rukh after death. How is it that Alibaba has met them?
>>
>>142816899

YES

Seinen > shounen

>>142817649
>HakuArba.

MY DICK

I kind of want HakuFish just to fuck with everyone. Not like ancient chink emperors were opposed to wincest.
>>
>>142816819
Magnostadt was the longest arc at 5 volumes, so I figure the last arc will have more. Currently we have 3 volumes worth of content for the final arc.
>>
File: rabbits.png (950 KB, 1190x1243) Image search: [Google]
rabbits.png
950 KB, 1190x1243
>>142817299
I wonder what they're up to these days.
>>
>>142817957
>Seinen > shounen

It depends on who the author is. Since you are talking Ohtaka I am confident that with no limit could pull off extraordinary things.
>>
File: 017.png (266 KB, 821x1200) Image search: [Google]
017.png
266 KB, 821x1200
>>142817950
Did you miss this?
>>
File: 018.png (375 KB, 823x1200) Image search: [Google]
018.png
375 KB, 823x1200
>>142818329
Same world.
>>
>>142818068
>>
Someone please explain why have Arba nipples been consistently so hard during the last three chapters. Its delicious.
>>
File: 1m9djWcow1siu9kuo1.png (485 KB, 540x547) Image search: [Google]
1m9djWcow1siu9kuo1.png
485 KB, 540x547
>>142818445
Crazy how those ships haven't been relevant since 2011, huh.
>>
>>142818587
Just like Yahweh cursed Caine and made him a vampire, Solomon cursed Arba and made her aroused 24/7.
>>
>>142818695
Almost as crazy how Alibaba never shared a romantic scene with Kogyoku.
>>
>>142807673
>Shitposting bait thread
>216 Replies
Really?
>>
>>142818896
Mostly thanks to new chapter release.
>>
File: 15.png (269 KB, 811x1200) Image search: [Google]
15.png
269 KB, 811x1200
>>142818807
Yet he still prioritizes her over his best friend and "love interest."
>>
>>142807821
>but it has a really severe case of sameface
>severe
People keep saying this but I rarely see it.
>>
File: image.jpg (600 KB, 1646x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
600 KB, 1646x1200
>>142818329
But Alibaba met Wahid and Tess. How is it possible?
>>
>>142819041
Kogyoku is here and suffering, Aladdin and Morgiana are away and sound okay.

Alibaba will always help out afriendin need. Right, Hakuryuu?
>>
>>142816496
Magi:re
>>
>>142816880
Nice.
>>
>>142819180
She hasn't been suffering for a long time now, yet he's still not bothering to look for Aladdin and the others.
>>
>>142819264
He travelled around the world, asked everyone who know hem and got an answer from Titus.
>>
>>142818329
>>142818365
>Togashi stole Ohtaka's idea
And people say he isn't a hack?
>>
>>142819304
He only did that when he was already going to those places because Kougyoku asked him to.
>>
File: 005.png (147 KB, 820x1200) Image search: [Google]
005.png
147 KB, 820x1200
>>142819264
He had no idea where to look for them, so he figured it would be better to stay put and try to draw attention to himself by working for the Kou empire.

And he was right: Aladdin contacted him out of his own accord and if not for the Arba interruption they would be still on the way to meet him.
>>
>>142819203
The next Ohtaka manga will be a comedian manga > "Magi - The misadventures of great Alibaba"
>>
>>142819317
New World is hardly a new idea ever since 1492.

>>142819388
And before that he was actually helping her not be miserable.
>>
>>142819400
He didn't know where to look for them, but he didn't even bother asking anyone else until he was already busting his ass for Kougyoku's sake.
>>
File: 57300069_p74_master1200.jpg (183 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
57300069_p74_master1200.jpg
183 KB, 500x500
posting best girl
>>
>>142819317
The Dark Continent as a concept has existed at least since Africa was being colonized by the Europeans.
>>
>>142819474
>>
File: 47619560_p23_master1200.jpg (393 KB, 849x1200) Image search: [Google]
47619560_p23_master1200.jpg
393 KB, 849x1200
>>142819617
>>
>>142819653
>>
File: 51636589_p8_master1200.jpg (411 KB, 1200x864) Image search: [Google]
51636589_p8_master1200.jpg
411 KB, 1200x864
>>142819714
>>
File: Ren.Gyokuen.full.1811391.jpg (615 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
Ren.Gyokuen.full.1811391.jpg
615 KB, 700x800
>>142819759
>>
File: 39310777_p0_master1200.jpg (956 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
39310777_p0_master1200.jpg
956 KB, 1050x1050
>>142819807
>>
File: 56955554_p2_master1200.jpg (274 KB, 604x1059) Image search: [Google]
56955554_p2_master1200.jpg
274 KB, 604x1059
>>142819845
>>
>>142819915
>>
>>142820319
>>
File: 57300069_p7_master1200.jpg (166 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
57300069_p7_master1200.jpg
166 KB, 600x1000
>>142820351
>>
I want to pledge my loyalty to Sinbad.
>>
File: n01132.jpg (112 KB, 423x543) Image search: [Google]
n01132.jpg
112 KB, 423x543
Hakumor confirmed

Look at the way he touches her. You just KNOW.
>>
>>142820395
Have your fucking baby and call it Alibaba already!
>>
>>142820395
What's with the Auschwitz arm in the big panel?
>>
File: 1459270694669.jpg (125 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1459270694669.jpg
125 KB, 1440x810
>>142820473
Baba doesn't deserve that ;_;
>>
Who care about these 3 stooges? Give me more baba, fish, Koubros or sinbad.
>>
File: 1460507897980.jpg (585 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
1460507897980.jpg
585 KB, 600x700
>>142820882
This.
>>
>>142816880
>fish likes alibaba
>her body got taken by arba
poor alibaba
>>
File: 1379768541440.png (907 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1379768541440.png
907 KB, 720x720
>>142820473

Sad thing is, I can totally see this happening
>>
BLACKED
L
A
C
K
E
D
>>
>>142812666
The story is shit point blank. It has alibaba always being shit. He has made some of the most autistic ass decision I've seen a deuteragonist ever make. Such as helping his friend despite knowing he was being used . Him turning down his kingdom and then getting butthurt when it's not being ran how he expected. Expecting help from sinbad then getting butthurt when sinbad turns his words on him. The list can go on with his bad decisions, he'll he couldn't even take out hakuryuu. Then there's a unneeded love story which even increases the shit of the story and isn't needed in any way just to show alibaba suffering which isn't funny but quit annoying. They have the same gay level of forgiveness in this story as every typical shonen which also isn't realistic in anyway. Nobody just forgives the person who killed or comatose your Bestfriend but apparently that's not important. Basically every character besides really aliddin and sinbad was wrote shit. Fish princess reverted back to the weak princess peach type who needs a male help in saving her, morg will more then likely do the same thing. Hakuryuu he has never been a good character ever. But if you like this shit then be my guess like you said what maybe shit to the masses might be great for another person. Hell if that wasn't true FT, toriko, nisekoi and more series would have been cancelled
>>
File: 177403.jpg (39 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
177403.jpg
39 KB, 225x350
>>142825816
Thanks for the bump
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 106

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.