[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mobile Suit Gundam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
I want to watch MSG series but i dont know the watching order. I know there's a lot of guides in the web but I only found threads from >2011 and there are more Gundams coming out now.
>>
Production order
The answer is always fucking production order
>>
>>142787771
Production order and don't watch the movies in place of series'
>>
>>142787771
If you want something good start with the original MSG series from 1979.
If you want something good but with good animation start with 0080.
If you want something 2deep4you start with Zeta.
If you are pretentious start with Turn A.
If you were raised in and sentimentally attached to the 90's start with Wing.
If you want something "cool" and with decent production values start with 00.
If you care about muh gritty war realism start with the 8th MS Team.
If you thing 80's shading is the ultimate expression of good animation start with 0083.
If you want to keep up with the current fads and feel accomplished start with Unicorn.
If you like sappy teenage drama start with Seed.
>>
>>142787771
Depends on the timeline
UC is the 'main' timeline and probably best place to start, and like what everyone else has been saying you should watch it in production order.
>>
>>142788745
If you want something goofy and thematically very different from the rest of the franchise but still enjoyable watch G
>>
SEED Destiny is generally agreed to be the ideal jumping point.
>>
If you want to be commited to the series in the long run, go with 0079 original series.
If you just want a taste, SEED or 00 is fine.

Turn A, G-Reco is only if you've grown into Tomino's style.
Build Fighters can be watched whenever but should be saved for last for maximum pleasure.
>>
>>142788745
If you thing 80's slapstick is genuinely funny start with ZZ.
>>
>>142789067
>Turn A ... is only if you've grown into Tomino's style.
Why do you think so? It has a lot of typically Tomino elements for sure but it is far more approachable than something like Zeta or Victory for example.
I've seen a fair share of posters claim that MSG, 0080 and Turn A are the only worthwhile Gundam series. While they are indeed good I can't help but notice that they are incidentally the series with the most classical and conventional approach to presenting the narrative.
So maybe I'm kind of prejudiced but I often tend to dismiss people that claim that Turn A is their favorite Gundam series as complete normalfags.
>>
>>142788745
How is zeta 2deep4u
>>
>>142791633
only autismos can understand autismos

I actually think Zeta was what 0079 should have been if it had the budget
>>
>>142791633
Complex characterization and character interactions that are conveyed mostly through obscure visual cues and seemingly not very plot-relevant casual dialogue that tie in in a not necessarily obvious but well-defined manner with the rather prominent themes of the show.
Lots of these things tend to fly over a lot of people's heads because they are too focused on the "annoying" characters and some more flawed aspects of the show.
Or something. I could come up with a better explanation but not right now.
>>
0079: 10/10
Zeta: 4/10
ZZ: strong 7 to light 8/10
Victory: 7/10

0080: 9/10
0083: 6/10
08th: 2/10

CCA: 5/10
F91: 9/10
>>
>>142792629
shit taste/10
>>
>>142792629
Nice meme but i still hope I can get out of you why you might think that F91 is deserving to be rated as 9/10 while Victory, Zeta or CCA are not.
>>
>>142787771
Did you try episode one of the first series, dumbo?
>>
>>142791633
newtype_flash.wav
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.