[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do modern anime lack artistic finesse? https://www.yout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: princesstutu.jpg (347 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
princesstutu.jpg
347 KB, 1280x960
Why do modern anime lack artistic finesse?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie1l2kLGyJE
>>
All the great artists have left anime, and the financial environment makes art difficult, there are just so many requirements because your anime has to sell songs, toys, waifu pillows, source material, and has to market the voice actors for idoldom.
With all these restrictions, it may not be very tempting for competent artists to try to make something good in anime. Making anime for the sake of making quality anime, where the anime itself is the primary source of income, is almost impossible, because anime simply doesn't sell anymore. An anime breaking 10000 sales has become exceedingly rare, you can't bet on selling the anime anymore.

And making money from ads on TV has been dead since long before Princess Tutu, so don't even think about that.
>>
>>142771973
You know, honestly, Madoka has a similar artistic style to Princess Tutu, Rebellion mostly.
Not that it is at the same level, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
>>
People kept telling me this anime was good but it was literally the single most boring anime I've had the displeasure of watching past episode 3. I can't believe they stretched this shit out for 26 episodes.
>>
>>142773175
>7:44:47
nice palindrome
>>
>>142773175
What was the problem?
You don't like fairy tails or ballet?
Because it was pretty solid otherwise.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (281 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
281 KB, 1680x1050
>>142771973
I'll just leave it here
>>
>>142773175
Kill yourself
>>
>>142772460
>All the great artists have left anime,
Which "great artists" are these?
>>
>>142774102
That one was good, but I think they didn't have to go out of their way to make the book three times more cheesy and be it all about love.
>>
>>142771973
no money in the budget for fluff like good animation
>>
File: バレエ.jpg (673 KB, 1280x1814) Image search: [Google]
バレエ.jpg
673 KB, 1280x1814
>>142771973
Don't worry, memedoka will rip off princess tutu in the next movie so faggots like you can satisfy their artistic finesse fetish
>>
>>142773175
Well you miss it. And you deserve it for dropping it under superficial impressions.
>>
>>142775091
I hate how the mecha at the end were forced into the story without any forshadowing. Also, The Count of Monte Cristo is a very melodramatic book to begin with.
>>
>>142775559
I know, I liked that about it, but that's why I think adding even more melodrama like all the thing about true love was unnecessary.
Still, despite my complains, the anime is probably the best adaptation of the book so far.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.