[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Naruto Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Naruto's_Sage_Mode.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Naruto's_Sage_Mode.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Okay, let me preface this by saying that I do not like Naruto in the least. However, I had recently gotten out of a discussion with 2 gentlemen who thoroughly believe that Naruto has no real flaws. Are there any problems/plotholes that can make even the most diehard Naruto fag agree that it is a legitimate problem?
>>
The manga itself doesn't have any plotholes really, its just not good

There's a wealth of silly shit going on though like Orochimaru getting away with literally everything like the nazi scientist he is + Neji and Madara being right
>>
>>142764902
No, Naruto is literally perfect.
>>
Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to /a/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.
>>
It's filler incarnate
>>
>>142765042

/thread
>>
>>142764959
Huh, so what you're saying is that I should just pray that they don't talk about it or walk away once they start hopping in Naruto's cock? Because to them, the only thing that counts as a legitimate flaw is an "undeniable" plothole.
They find zero problems with any of the characters or anything and even when mentioning characters they thought were bad said, "That's not a problem with the anime, that's just a problem with us."
>>
>>142764959
Orochimaru's getting away isn't even that silly compared to the rest of the manga and its characterization and plot problems.
>>142764902
As said, actual plotholes never were Naruto's problem. It's that the plot was shoddy anyway and written on the go obviously, artificially lenghtened due to its popularity like so many other series.
More of a problem than a plot that got sillier and sillier due to explosion of powerlevels, however, are the main cast of characters which were poorly written and it was only enchanced by sidecharacters being much more interesting.
The only "hole" I can remember is Kishi retconning that Naruto was harshly bullied and ostracized in school.
>>
File: tumblr_llmunwtc4r1qfetl0o1_500.gif (382 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_llmunwtc4r1qfetl0o1_500.gif
382 KB, 500x250
It ripped off Avatar: The Last Airbender
>>
Considering how much care seemingly went into creating the characters you would think kishimoto would have bothered to do even the slightest amount of believable world building.

So, the story centers around all these hidden villages that represent certain nations... but do you actually ever see these fucking nations? Do they even know the ninja fuckers exist? Did the ninja wars ever spill over into the normal populace? How many people live in these nations? Do they have normal military in addition to the ninja villages? Do the ninja ever fight the normal military? Where the fuck was literally anyone else when all the crazy shit was happening?
>>
I don't know about plot holes, but the problems I had with how the story developed were that the big war at the end really dragged (too many characters to deal with at once) and he sort of wrote himself into a bad corner at the end with the subsequent Madara fight where powers went crazy.

I'd also say when Sauske formed the Hawk his direction felt sort of aimless for a long time, and also Pein being some group of dead guys controlled by some weird crippled Negato guy was a let down. Something I always found weird is that Itachi is looked at as a hero but he murdered innocent women and children in his clan too.

Then you had common problems in these type of long running series where many of the supporting characters became useless or got forgotten along the way.
>>
>>142765042
The series just got super popular and /a/ revolted. It always happens when things get popular, but Naruto sort of lead the charge of explosion of manga/anime in the West and it was the face of that opposition.

It was an okay shounen that sort of tailed off in the later half. It isn't more complicated than that when you look at it on its own.
>>
>>142765333
Yeah, I just had to deal with w grown men yelling at me for 3 hours about how stories that drag out are way better and show the amazing writing skills of the creator. Are all Naruto fans like this? Do they all just vehemently defend all of its glaring problems? Hell, just because you like something, doesn't mean you can't genuinely find problems in it, right?
>>
>>142765324
I don't know if it was outright said but it was at least heavily implied the ninjas are the military strength of a nation.
I remember there being some assembly with the fire country's leaders and the hokage along with top brass of the leaf.
But considering how strong the ninjas are the kage is still probably de facto leader of a nation because he could just do a military coup.
>>
>>142765042
This seems more like a jab at the fanbase rather than the series itself.
>>
>>142765521

Yes. Get new friends with less shit taste.
>>
>>142764902
Nice ban evasion, Narutard OP.

I saw you get a 3 Day Ban on the Ban Page yesterday yet you are making the same thread today again.

Hope you enjoy your incoming permaban for ban evading, Narutard.

https://boards.fireden.net/_/search/image/HcyjlCrPJ_OzpxxqKPuK8w/
>>
It was ok, up to sauce leaving the village
>>
>>142765984
Uhh ... This this the first time I've ever actually made a real thread on this board. Also, you call me a narutard even though I literally started by saying I don't fucking like Naruto. Nice bait faggot.
>>
>>142766022
yeah it got 2edgy4me
>>
>>142765984
I literally googled, "Naruto" and grabbed the first picture I saw. That's nothing more than coincidence.
>>
>>142766075
>...
>Ellipsis.
>Admits to being a spammer

As expected of a crossboarding newfag banevading Narutard.
>>
>>142765324
There is a databook for all that stuff
>>
>>142765984
>>142766188
>>
>>142764902

I read Naruto like watching a train wreck- you sort of just cant stop. Things being bad were sort of just part of the fun but one thing annoyed the fuck out of me;

Several characters are conveniently brought back to life eliminating the concept of risk or danger to the reader. This is especially insulting when it came to Might Guy, (seeing his final attack and opening all the gates was the one thing I think most people, even those like myself who just read for the joke of it, were anticipating)

We are even given a flash back of him following his fathers footsteps and then OH WAIT NARUTO CAN JUST BRING HIM BACK LOL

Except Neji is still killed off (??)
>>
>>142764902
Naruto Fan here

Series went to shit after the Child arc
>>
>>142764902
>Are there any problems/plotholes that can make even the most diehard Naruto fag agree that it is a legitimate problem?
No, because "diehard" implies that you forfeit reason, which destroys the premise of the discussion you want to have. Critique that goes above "my taste > your taste" requires reason. It also requires participants to not overrule "lack of reason" with unrelated positive emotional response.

In case you exaggerated with "diehard", I'll try anyway, but I won't go into detail.
Kishimoto destroyed any chance for a good series by sacrificing consistency whenever he needed. Whenever he had a shift in motives, for whatever reason, he bent the previously established world to fit those requirements. It shows. He also knew. Kishimoto stalled whenever, wherever he could. The fact that he addressed ninja technique creation late post-timeskip is nothing less than evidence for that.

Kishimoto tried to include a godai approach when he introduced elemental techniques. Again, no matter what his motives were, he went with 4 and replaced void with lightning. It's probably a shonen stereotype thing, but don't pin me down on that. He tried to create a loophole with complex elements and added "ice", which is no element in any system. Then he incorporated wood from the wu xing system. Later he said "fuck all" and added random stuff like a kid who can't stick to rock, paper and scissors and adds "well", "vulcan" or similar bullshit.

The countries of Naruto always were Japanese prefectures at best. Most factors concerning world building suggest that Kishimoto didn't plan in actual countries, yet went with it later because he needed to expand. Currency, language and writing are the same. The distances covered by characters on journeys are laughable.

There are many more errors. Focus on "consistency".
>>
Was sage mode and the Rinnegan the thing that ruined Naruto?
>>
>>142770425
Child arc?
>>
>>142764902
thing start getting worse when shippuden start
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.