[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why English dubs are done badly? Anime by now are very common.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Why English dubs are done badly? Anime by now are very common. And still the English dubs sucks so bad that I don't wanna give it a chance anymore. America doesn't care? Or Japan don't give a fuck?
>>
>>142762991
why would japan give a fuck in the first place? They make anime for the japanese, not for the english. They reverse might apply as well. Why would the english give a fuck about japan things. probably why dubs are so bad.
>>
>>142762991
Is this ironic ESL?
>>
Cash grab white people and licensing.
>>
File: 45465.gif (103 KB, 245x258) Image search: [Google]
45465.gif
103 KB, 245x258
>>142762991
because none of them have the quality of cowboy bebop. also ecchi anime dont work well in english, due to the actors sucking ass at doing anything and it being censored to hell and back.
>>
They suck according to who? Sub people? In actuality English dubs have gotten much better so how is this argument even relevant. Besides, people are sheep so they just follow what everyone else does. Look, if you people prefer watching in English-sub that's totally cool but stop saying dubs are bad because they don't appeal to you! Besides the people I respect truly are people that watch the raw Japanese release:p have a nice day!
>>
>>142763095
Chill nigga. That ain't me.
>>
>>142763070
That's a fucking bullshit argument considering dubs are still being and I'm sure people in Japan give input whether to authorize the dub or not. Also, apart from Japanese, English is probably the language they use in anime.
>>
>>142763249
They don't and you know it. If you don't wanna face it it's fine. Sometimes they are ok. Like DBZ but come on man. Don't act like dubs are fine when they could do a better job.
>>
I think english dubs are great. Especially these ones.
>>
>>142763588

Witnessed.
>>
Localizations companies don't have enough money, so they keep using the same few people who are willing to work with peanut wages (ie. not the ones who appear in Disney/Pixar shit, popular long-running cartoons, "AAA" games and such).

Japan doesn't have the same problem because their best seiyuu aren't paid in diamonds and even if they did, finding good actors with fitting voice isn't a problem because they have a huge pool of actors with competition driving the skill level really high.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.