[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /a/ think of Re:Zero? I think it's generic af
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
File: Screenshot_29.png (61 KB, 187x391) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_29.png
61 KB, 187x391
What does /a/ think of Re:Zero?
I think it's generic af but still semi enjoyable waiting for arc 3
>>
>>142762321
konosuba for non-fedora tippers
>>
It is the Evangelion of time reset anime.
>>
It's okay.
>>142762339
It's not even remotely similar.
>>
Subaru is hands down the most annoying mc of the season, yes even more annoying than Deku and Kitsuhara.
>>
Dont really like it
>>
>>142762321
Good mc, cute girls, i like the fighting and preparing myself for whats to come
>>
>>142762321
Too much gore, not enough mental anguish, although it seems like that might change soon
>>
>>142762512
Nah, Deku is more annoying. Subaru is stupid like almost every other harem MC, but not annoying.
>>
>>142762512
MC from endride is probaby the most annoying this season
>>
>>142762321
>af
>>
>>142762470
>Harem reincarnation shit LN
>not similar
>>
>>142763016
The setting is the only thing they have in common.
>>
It's okay it looks nice, I'll give White Fox that, and you can never get tired of looping gimmicks but that's about it. I honestly don't give that many fucks about the characters so I find the whole thing largely uncompelling.
>>
I really fucking enjoy the MC and time loop setting. The whole transported to a fantasy world is hella generic but it's top tier regardless. probably my favorite anime this season.
>>
>>142763016
>Harem
This meme will end soon.
>>
File: 1464731332213.jpg (84 KB, 850x1258) Image search: [Google]
1464731332213.jpg
84 KB, 850x1258
>>142762321
It's great, maybe even AotS material. It went a bit downhill after pic related disappeared though. Probably because when she was in the scene it felt like the plot was going somewhere whereas right now it kind of feels like everything's standing still. I guess the first arc was stronger than the second, there's nothing wrong with that per se.
>>
Shit's cool. I personally don't like it very much and think that the mediocre story is only salvaged by how well-produced it is but I can see why people might think it's AOTS or something. I can respect that I guess.
>>
>>142763312
I heard it turns into a boy love harem.
>>
>>142762339
how was konosuba for fedora tippers?
i thought it was great, shame we won't get more anime content for a bit
>>
File: a head start.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
a head start.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>142765465
It's a shame Konosuba only got 10 episodes to start with instead of 25. How come Re:Zero got the teacher's pet treatment?
>>
>>142762321
It IS Generic. HELLUVA generic. The thing is though, even generic things can be enjoyable if they're done well. Zero doesn't exude mediocrity with every fibre of its being like most generic anime with the same (or similiar) concept.
>>
File: UtsuroNoHako_vol1.jpg (297 KB, 1050x1500) Image search: [Google]
UtsuroNoHako_vol1.jpg
297 KB, 1050x1500
Read the superior time reset story, Hakomari.
>>
It's fine, I like time travel and the suffering that comes with it.
MC is annoying at times because he talks way too much and I don't find his sense of humor amusing, but he's still much better than the generic teen MC we usually get.
>>
>>142763543
Hah, with that mentality, you have to consider Kabaneri to be the best! I consider Re:Zero to be good based on the worldbuilding, slowly learning more about characters (adding to their depth as you see their personalities), and the hero's journey as Subaru. They are actually the things that modern anime is missing: hard work, punishment (alot), development, and a proper hero's journey.
>>
every time he does that pose, they lose a BD sale.

proven fact
>>
File: 1465381308589.png (101 KB, 540x675) Image search: [Google]
1465381308589.png
101 KB, 540x675
>>142766203
Stop this bullshit.
> Power of FEELINGS to break reality and loops.
> Daiya's motivations are pretentious as fuck.
>>
>>142765417
Yeah it does. A shota joins and starts molesting Subaru, he's chased by a dirty old man, a giant hulking furry too, etc.
>>
File: 1101.png (173 KB, 500x638) Image search: [Google]
1101.png
173 KB, 500x638
I like it even though its very annoying with him going back in time to fix the situation.

The twins bit is dragging for me though, Hopefully it goes onto the next arc soon.
>>
>>142765699
>how does budget work?
>>
>>142766526
>Power of FEELINGS
What's wrong with that?
Re:zero relies on power of feelings too.
>>
>>142766792
But it didn't break reality and loops. Re:Zero relies on mental motivation of feelings to achieve PHYSICALLY and not rule-breaking bullshit.
>>
>>142766526
That's one way of admitting you're a complete moron who has no understanding of what makes a story good. Continue being an idiot and a memer at your leisure.
>>
>>142766879
So you're going to completely disregard all the development that the characters went through because you didn't like the way it resolved?
>>
>>142767015
I believe that you don't understand how pretentious over-thinking works. If you make too much of a bullshit convenience to have a goal, then I think you need to take a better look.
>>142767182
You make a series look intelligent to the normal reader, but then you use brain-dead logic to achieve, rather than the logical capacity to understand how to achieve it. It obviously relied on pretentious overthinking and COURAGE AND LOVE to break that logic, and you are stuck with an OK series. But not to be regarded as perfect.
But don't make the comparison with Re:Zero. You are only setting yourself for failure by trying to add fuel to the fire. There are good and bads to both series but I do not plan on ever comparing them based on their setting, mindset, and characters as there are too many differences to make a comparison.
>>
>>142767444
Yeah you're clearly an idiot.
>>
>>142767687
No, you are. You don't understand how much bullshit you are making Hakomari when trying to compare itself as higher than Re:Zero. You decided to criticize, here's your criticism. You just can't admit it.
>>
It's great. I just marathoned the all of the episodes and was entertained throughout all of it.

Starts very strong its a bit slow when they get to the mansion. And if am to believe what they say about it in the threads we're in one heck of a rid. I don't understand why you would call it generic though
>>
>>142768333
Well, it's not like the setting is really unique (lel isekai), nor is the flick very original (Higurashi, S;G, Madoka) or that the characters are better than your average anime so I can understand why people call it generic. It also has some pacing issues at some points, the characters really are the most hit or miss I've ever seen and a lot of scenes are either unsuited or even unnecessary and break the atmosphere.

But I gotta commend it for being actually entertaining. The gestion between playful everyday life and grimdark moments is pretty well done (it's quite absurd at first how you go from "heh, meeting cute girl in fantasy world, heh we go on an adv-HOLY SHIT WE'VE BEEN MURDERED"), the setting also plays the "amnesia room" card from beginning to end. Instead of the "heh you died, you can be reincarnated in the world with a power", the summoning is brutal and kinda disorienting. You don't know shit about anything and stuff gets unveiled as the MC repeats loops with a trial-and-error system, while the MC undergoes changes. The direction is also pretty good but one of the best parts is the OST that does an amazing job.

Overall, a very flawed anime but quite enjoyable.
>>
>>142762321
It's nothing special, but I'm enjoying it quite a lot. At first I ignored its existence because I thought it was going to be the usual wish fulfillment harem LN adaption, then I decided to watch it when I learned that it isn't.
I'm a bit ashamed to say that MC suffering is what keeps me hooked though.
>>
hakomari and rezero fags at it again.. jesus fuck, why cant you guys agree both are a great, hakomari fags dont get too salty just because your novel did not get an anime.

also if hako gets an anime, you bet your ass someone going to shitpost it, at least you have it going for you now.
>>
>>142766203
OP here I've been meaning to get around to reading it, I got the first volume on my shelf.
>>
>>142766600
Next arc is next week
today's ep will be twin's backstory
>>
>>142770188
>>142766203
a stealth hako shill thread.

faggots.
>>
>>142770284
k
>>
Final episode of Arc 2 coming up.

It's about time the prologue ended.
>>
>>142765699
Because Kadokawa didn't trust the anime to actually sell.

The news that it was getting a second season only came to DEEN themselves when it was the final week (episode 10). Prior to that, the director and other staff members where wishing really bad that they hope they could do a new season for it in the future.
>>
>>142763493

We're on Mansion Namek.
>>
>>142762321
I was enjoying it until this mansion shit. It has killed my interest so hard.
>>
>>142762321
First arc was ok, second arc is incredibly boring and killed all my interest.
Subaru is the most frustrating MC I have seen in a long while, episode 8 was painful to watch.
Felt was the only girl I liked and boohoo, she doesn't carry on to the next arc. Instead we have Emila, the perfect, most boring waifu bait.
>>
I wish it had kept the feeling of mystery it had during the loot house part. That was excellent.
>>
>>142763288
You and me both, anon.
>>
>>142762321
It's okay, just hope MC is a bit less annoying.
>>
>>142772365
Hes one of the better MC's imo, he's doing his best to handle everything. Though I wish he'd try and learn more magic
>>
Hakomari is better than Re:Zero in just about every way.
>>
My fav part of the show watching him die over and over. (because of how annoying he is)
>>
Probably the best of the season.
>>
Is the next ep the screening?
>>
It's interesting. I don't really have any more opinions than that honestly.
>>
File: 1454462068259.png (475 KB, 691x801) Image search: [Google]
1454462068259.png
475 KB, 691x801
>>142766203
I read the first volume which was all explaining time travel and wishes rather than weaving a narrative around it.

It became wayy to incomprehensible at times and felt like it was solely saying "HEY GUYS THIS IS A GOOD CONCEPT" there was legit no breathing room and every sentence had to do with the concept.

But now I'm in the middle of volume two, I really care about the two mains and hope that shit will hit the fan in 3-7 like everyone else says.

It's nowhere near perfect, but it has major potential.

Still better than re;zero tension, bland characters & shock factor.
>>
I stopped watching in the middle of episode 4

All the scenes in the mansion just made me lose interest

Also the characters are not that interesting to me
>>
>>142766203
Stop confusing faggots.

Hakomari only has a timelooped focused plot in 2 volumes out of 7.

1 in the start and the last one.

Anywayw Re zero is gonna get boring with the same formula each arc
>subaru thinks he's living calm for a while
>sudden death
>realises he's in a loop
>dies a few more times until he knows how to avoid it
>repeat next arc
>>
>>142763493
When does she come back? My penis misses her
>>
>>142775669
>dies a few more times until he knows how to avoid it
more like
>dies a bunch of times until he brute forces his way through it

If he tried to avoid getting in trouble in the first place he wouldn't die so often.
>>
Did not expect 2 reincarnated into a fantasy world shows to be the ones I enjoy the most for 2 seasons in a row since all the similar stuff that came before them was total shit, weird times.
>>
Worst fanbase on /a/ currenty
>>
Reminder that the story hasn't started yet
>>
>13:35

Is TENNIS here to stay?
>>
Is there a reason for the fantasy setting? Did the author not have confidence in the story if he didn't have one retarded cliche? Or has somebody already done the much better idea of doing this story without the "transported to another world" crap thrown in? Because this story so far could easily work in a modern setting with very few changes.
>>
>>142777783
The author is simply taking a huge crap only isekai wish-fulfillment fantasy shit.
>>
>>142777783
>Because this story so far could easily work in a modern setting with very few changes.

Wouldn't that just be BokuMachi? Because that shit was boring. This is an isekai story where the MC gets NO powers except for being cursed, which is more interesting because he's always the weakest person in the room. That's the complete opposite of him being able to revive in the real world, where everyone else is normal.
>>
stream where?
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.