[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/a/ tells me that this anime is so bad that it might as well
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 275x183
>/a/ tells me that this anime is so bad that it might as well not exist at all.
>I watch it.
>it's actually decent.

Just a reminder, that you should never take /a/'s word for it, and instead, always watch the stuff they don't like and make your own opinions, based on what you saw.
>>
Another worthless thread by a phonefag.
>>
Yeah it might be okay as an anime, it's a utterly bad adaptation though and misleading on Tsukihime franchise.

Tsukihime anime doesn't exist because you should care about the VN.

In short, lurk more.
>>
>>142743281
Don't use emoticons on /a/.
>>
>>142743124
>anime is shit compared to original material
>hasn't read original VN
>complains that it's not that bad and everyone else is wrong

Can you guess what's the step you're missing?

What anime is that anyway?
>>
File: RoeAias-7Layers.jpg (127 KB, 1500x1153) Image search: [Google]
RoeAias-7Layers.jpg
127 KB, 1500x1153
>>142743124
Whatever you say /a/non.
>>
>>142743281
Grow up kid.
>>
>>142743373
It's lunar legend tsukihime
>>
Good for you mobile scum.
>>
>>142743124
Read the VN
>>
>>142743212
>because you should care about the VN.
But i don't care about the vn. I tried to read one VN, that was supposed to be the greatest one of them all, and it sucked. I'm not going to waste my time on those things any more.

Tsukihime and chaos;head are the two anime that VN fags declare to be insultingly bad, but i still enjoyed them.
>>
>>142743636
Never.
>>
>>142743745
>I am a retard
Ok.
>>
>>142743745
Then you may realize that VN fags consider them shit because they've read the source material and the adaptation is, in fact, shit.
>>
>>142743803
You are retarded?

Sorry to hear that, I hope you get better.
>>
>>142743124
>People's tastes differ
>You have a shit taste
More news at 11
>>
>>142744140
>People's tastes differ
>Nobody has a shit taste
Here, FIFY
>>
File: 1455917931992.jpg (136 KB, 648x506) Image search: [Google]
1455917931992.jpg
136 KB, 648x506
>>142743124
I think the problem was that you couldn't fit Arc's route into 12 episodes. The manga did it properly and much better and is the definitive version of the Arc's route (feat Ciel and Akiha) in my opinion.

http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/6223-What-is-your-favorite-manga-adaptation-of-a-Type-Moon-work?p=2122211&viewfull=1#post2122211

English - https://bakabt.me/details.php?id=162022 or http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=612721
EspaƱol - https://mega.nz/#F!ChhQ3byQ!y7h6Th-6bY1DswbC8H0nvQ
French - https://www.ki-oon.com/mangas/tomes-290-tsukihime.html
Russian - http://livingflcl.eva-not-end.com/manga/complete/tsukihime.html
>>
>>142743932
So it's a shit adaptation. But as a series in its own right, it's not bad. How closely it sticks to the source material isn't the only - or even most important - factor in how good a show is.
>>
Filthy secondaries
>>
>>142745737
This is literally what >>142743212 said.
>>
File: shiki.jpg (422 KB, 846x1200) Image search: [Google]
shiki.jpg
422 KB, 846x1200
"Yeah, that's okay. People are designed not to remember painful things.
But in the first place, the lives of humans are full of pointless things. To think of it, isn't life itself pointless?
So I don't think about it too deeply. I think it's best to just fool yourself and live like you don't realize there's no meaning to life."
>>
>>142745737
The point is that it has something it has to compare to.
Adaptations pretty much always have something different compared to the source for one reason or the other. To stay in the TM universe, Fate adaptation did away with the sex and went with the dragonshit.
Tsukihime's did away with everything.
>>
>>142745836
No it isn't. He also says that everyone should pretend the anime - which as an anime isn't bad - doesn't exist because the visual novel it's based on exists. Which is not something I agree with, because fuck visual novels.

If we get another Tsukihime anime that is a better adaptation and is a better show, I'll be happy to pretend the current one doesn't exist. But as things stand, fuck you, there is a Tsukihime anime and I don't care that much that it isn't like the visual novel.
>>
>>142746067
So compare it, fine. Declare that you wish they'd included X, Y and Z from the original. Say that you didn't like it because it was different from what you know. Even say that it's too different to deserve being called Tsukihime. But acknowledge its fucking existence.
>>
>>142746363
No.
>>
>>142746363
Refuting it's existence is simply done by fans that came into contact with it after reading the VN.
I'd assume you'd also be hyped if your favorite manga/VN/LN got an anime, right? Now imagine it's shit, has barely anything to do with the original and the characters are all fucking wrong.
You'd tell yourself that this piece of shit directed by a toddler does not, in fact, exist, and the original material was all that was ever published about it.
Then, memes.
There you have it.
>>
>>142746702
Actually, there are two cases where i can sympathize with that point of view. First is with berserk. It had a solid anime series that covered only the backstory. Then a bad cgi version of the same thing, and then a new cgi show that skips about 3 of my favorite arcs and stops before it gets good. The other case is with game of thrones. I watched the first 4 seasons and it was okay, then I read all the books, and they were awesome. But the last two seasons have been really shitty. They got all the characters wrong, they left out interesting things and added many retarded deaths, and plot twists for shock factor. all of the new episodes are pointless filler, filled with many retarded scenes. But the tv show watchers love the hell out of the new show and keep calling me a book fag, even if I point out something that was objectively wrong with an episode. But i don't hate the show. I don't pretend like it does not exist. I watch it and laugh at it with my fellow book fags and because I kinda like it as a so bad, that is funny show.
>>
>>142746702
But here's the thing - the Tsukihime anime does barely have anything to do with he original, and the characters are all different. But otherwise, it's not shit. Just different. If you're coming in expecting one set of things and getting something different, you'll likely think it's shit because it's not what you were expecting, but from a more objective viewpoint, it isn't.

It may not be much good either, of course. I'm certainly not arguing the Tsukihime anime is any kind of masterpiece, it's just decent.
>>
>>142747652
If you look at it, from the viewpoint that it's just a random, early 2000's vampire anime, that has nothing to do with the visual novel, then the anime by itself is kinda good.
>>
>>142743124
My issue with Tsukihime anime is not how they adapted it, but how it looks
>>
Why are phoneposters so shit?
>>
>>142745737
The meme has drifted a bit over the years (it's practically as old as 4chan), but it was originally very careful in its wording.

"There is no Tsukihime anime."

It meant that the anime that calls itself Tsukihime doesn't deserve to be called an adaptation of the VN.
>>
>>142747854
Exactly. That's all the point I'm trying to make; if it weren't called Tsukihime, and the characters weren't called Shiki, Arc, Ciel, etc no-one would have such a low opinion of it. Therefore it's not a bad anime, just not a good adaptation.
>>
Also, if you don't want to read the VN, at the very least you should do yourself a favor and read the manga. It's the Arc route done way, WAY better than the anime.
>>
>>142745737
No, adaptations should add and change stuff from the source, distinguishing themselves. The key thing here is that the stuff the Chaos;Head adaptation added was vapid, ridiculous and had a knock-on effect on the things the source did right, reducing the entertainment value of it overall.
>>
>>142748439
That's how you get horrid abominations like Dragon Ball Evolution.

If you want to change shit in an adaptation, you do it to improve the original. Either to make it better fit to a new medium, or to fix little mistakes.
>>
Imagine if nobody replied and this thread died like how the OP should.

Cancerous fucks.
>>
>>142748439
No, changes should be to better suit the new medium, or to fix problems present in the original. Not just to make it different.
>>
>>142748643
Yeah. I agree. Nothing I said contested that. Why did you reply to me?
>>
>>142748707
But I don't want to die! I got no guarantee that there is free wifi in hell.
>>
>>142749130
Because you advocated "changing stuff from the source" for the sake of "distinguishing themselves." Which generally doesn't go that well.
>>
File: Porkslope.jpg (33 KB, 640x590) Image search: [Google]
Porkslope.jpg
33 KB, 640x590
I liked this anime.
>>
I think that a fate/stay night anime should change a lot of things, so that it would work as an actual anime, not as a well animated, visual novel playthrough.
>>
File: 1450587260591.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1450587260591.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>142743745
>Someone watches Tsukihime and make this thread
>/a/ word

Because you're a newfaggot that doesn't have enough attention spam for a VN.

The animes are terrible adaptions of the source material, faggot. Doesn't matter how loud you yell "Fuck you, I like it", it won't change a fact.

I found the ending of Arcueid dying actually more meaningful, but it stops us from getting Melty blood.
>>
>>142750647
>it stops us from getting Melty blood.
>Melty Blood is based on the unseen Satsuki route
You okay anon?
>>
>>142752247
I played the VN over a decade ago, anon. Doesn't the Arcueid death's route stops the whole melty blood plot from ever happening?
>>
>>142743212
The manga is better than the VN and the other routes are garbage, especially MC's sister.
>>
>>142752451
Whether Arc dies or not in her route doesn't matter since Melty Blood isn't based on the Arc route anyway.
>>
>>142752522
Arc's route is actually the weakest.
>>
>>142743124
At least there was implied sex. At least is less of a snorefest than the first route of the terrible outdated VN.
>>
File: 102-103.jpg (2 MB, 2311x1617) Image search: [Google]
102-103.jpg
2 MB, 2311x1617
Remake news when?
>>
>>142743124
newfag lurk more
>>
>>142752566
That's not my point at all.

If the anime uses the arc where Arcueid dies as the canon arc, there couldn't ever be a Melty blood anime.
>>
>>142752522
>The manga is better than the VN
I honestly agree. Its my favorite part of the franchise
>and the other routes are garbage, especially MC's sister.
Fuck you
>>
>>142752730
>implying the anime has to have a singular storyline
>>
>>142752868
>Discussing an anime that'll never see the light of day

They could disregard the first anime, but we know it'd never be as good as the manga.
>>
>>142743124
>Yeah it might be okay as an anime,
That's a fact.
>it's a utterly bad adaptation though and misleading on Tsukihime franchise.
That's an opinion.
>you should care about the VN.
You really shouldn't. It's a fucking VN.
>In short, lurk more.
Maybe you should heed your own advice Nasudrone.
>>
>>142753330
>It's a fucking VN.
>Disregarding source material like this

Go back to whatever board you crawled from.
>>
>>142753395
>source material is /jp/ trash
Guess who should go back to his quarantine zone?
>>
>>142753446
You. Go back to /v/.
>>
>>142753446
Hi, /v/. You can go back now.
>>
>>142753473
>>142753512
>the garbage vn is /a/, it's /a/, reeeeeeee

No it's not. Off to the Touhou board assburgers.
It's ugly, chuuni shit like most japanese games from the same time period and the anime was the best thing that happened to this shitty franchise.
>>
>>142753611
>and the anime was the best thing that happened to this shitty franchise.
No, actually, Melty Blood was.

Go throw your tantrum somewhere else.
>>
>>142753611
Who's defending the Tsukihime VN?

>You really shouldn't. It's a fucking VN.

This opinion is wrong and retarded. Go back to /v/.
>>
>>142753692
And the real /v/ scum ousted himself. Good job.
>>
>>142753745
I can't be from /v/. I admitted to liking a video game.
>>
>>142753473
>>142753512
Wow, you sure fell for some easy bait
>>
>>142752522
Akiha is the best route.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.