[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do none of the characters in this series go see a therapist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: A Silent Voice.jpg (53 KB, 333x499) Image search: [Google]
A Silent Voice.jpg
53 KB, 333x499
Why do none of the characters in this series go see a therapist or get some kind of help? You'd think their mothers would have called one after a freakin' suicide attempt.
Why are psychologists so rare in Manga?
>>
Japan doesn't believe in psychiatrists.
>>
>>142729462
>Japan
>Therapy
So naive.
>>
>>142729509
>>142729543
Japan also doesn't believe in helping the disabled or in doing anything about bullying, yet this series was quite critical of that aspect of their society.
>>
>>142729509

None of the world does, only Americans.
>>
>>142730105
In Western Europe they also usually take therapy seriously, at least in the countries I've been in.
It's not something you really want to discuss in public, but people aren't shamed for seeking help.
>>
>>142730105
You're an idiot who likely thinks pharmaceuticals are the only kind of therapy
>>
>>142730171

No, they dont ... Psychotherapy is very much a American thing.
>>
>>142730205

And you are a idiot thinking Psychotherapy amounts to anything more that having someone listening to you, you would better off paying a hooker as it would be cheaper.
>>
>>142730236
I was talking about psychiatrists, not psychologists
>>
>>142730303
You're severely downplaying the methods and efficacy of therapy but whatever it's not my job to educate anons
Feel free to do some more research on the matter before you make yourself look silly again.
>>
>>142730059
I've lived in Japan for 2 years and all these stereotypes about them being sexist, racist, 'ableist', XXXist, etc are a bunch of lies.
>>
File: 54512124.png (546 KB, 639x543) Image search: [Google]
54512124.png
546 KB, 639x543
>>142729462
>spending money just to have someone tell you that you're going to be fine
>>
why didn't he kill all his old classmates that turned their back on him
>>
Psychology is shit.

Have there ever been any philosophers in anime?
>>
>>142730563
The antagonist in the season 1 of Psycho Pass
>>
>>142730535
Because he mostly blamed himself, that's the thing about self-loathing. Before killing himself, he wanted to make ammends with the people he had wronged. He didn't want revenge, he didn't care about his former friends anymore, he just saw them as red exes, same way he saw most people.
And even later in life, he doesn't really hold a grudge over the way they treated HIM, he holds a grudge because they too bullied Shoko but they refuse to admit it or change.
>>
>>142730447
Any other myths you'd like to dispel?
In your experience, what is Japan's real attitude on therapy?
>>
>>142730059
Didn't the series go through a LAWSUIT for daring to criticize these unsavoury Japanese society? Not sure how that even works.
>>
>>142729509
Then was that news of Hideaki Anno's psychiatrist telling his fans to stop asking for more Evangelion because it was killing Anno a lie?
>>
>>142730532
Fuck you. Therapy saves lives.
>>
>>142734386
It didn't save mine.
>>
>>142734401
You're clearly alive since you're posting right now. Or are you a ghost?
Therapy doesn't always work, medication doesn't always work, but it's better than doing nothing and just telling someone to "man up" and "get over it", which is what happens in Japan and many other societies.
>>
>>142729462
forced drama
the oneshot was leaps better than the full manga
if the author skipped the irrelevant ex-classmates stories would been much better
fuck catslut kill megane bitch remove afro fatass
>>
>>142730792
Well now that you mention it, I think its time to dispel this fiction that Japan doesn't know what its doing, it know exactly what its doing.
>>
>>142730420

Is that you reddit?
>>
>>142729462

In case you haven't noticed KnK is melodramatic as hell.

Your suggestion is reasonable and therefore not valid.
>>
>>142735921
Go down the shitter?
>>
>>142735706
I disagree, the other characters were important to the story. If Shoyo and Shoko only hung ot with each other, that would kind of be missing the point of everyone's character arcs. The way the other characters acted was a reflection of different ways people deal with issues of bullying and friendship, we've all met people like them.
>>
>>142734482
You sound just like a special snowflake who needs his 'therapy' and 'medications' for deep problems like 'anxiety'. By any chance, are you american? Having 20% of teenagers on psychiatric drugs isn't considered normal in outside world.
>>
>>142737556
Way to dismiss all the people going though mental problems. I am not one of them, but I have several friends and family dealing with depression and other issues.

>20% of teenagers on psychiatric drugs
Source: your ass. The actual number is closer to 6%.
Where exactly are you from where people seeking help is considered shameful?
>>
>>142736004
Since when is being favor of therapy a Reddit-exclusive opinion?
>>
>>142739887
[boogeyman of the week] is everybody who disagrees with me.
So, are we in agreement or do you need to go back to [boogeyman of the week]?
>>
>>142729462
>Your daughter is deaf
>Divorce your wife, blame her for everything and abandon your child because your parents hate deaf people
>Abandon the non-deaf child too
Is Shoko's dad the biggest asshole in the entire series?
>>
>>142740483
He's got a point though.
She never heard.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.