[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Jitsu Wa flop so fucking hard? I thought /a/ loved it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: jitsu wa.jpg (183 KB, 568x786) Image search: [Google]
jitsu wa.jpg
183 KB, 568x786
Why did Jitsu Wa flop so fucking hard?

I thought /a/ loved it.
>>
>>142720829
How would /a/ like something affect whether it was a success?
>>
anime was shitty and shitty adaption
manga is mediocre most of the time and only good girls are shiho and akane
>>
>>142720829
The manga had beter voice actors.
>>
The anime sucked.

The manga was great but has passed its peak.
>>
>>142720829
Because the adaptation was shit and the studio clearly didnt give care about it.

Also /a/ doesnt have any influence over how much shit japanese otakus buy.
>>
>>142720908
Every time.
>>
>>142720919
Translations haven't even reached the amazing sensei arc.
>>
>>142720908
Epic joke bro
>>
>>142720874
>>142720923
Didn't /a/ make watamote anime real?
>>
>>142720908
>>
>>142720908
Never gets old.
>>
>>142720829
/a/ hated the anime mainly because of the artstyle change. The goofy looking designs in the anime are what fans were used to, and the anime took that away.

That, and the mixed up order of events.
>>
>>142721690
>The goofy looking designs in the anime

I meant the manga
>>
>>142721198
No. It was just mentioned in passing that it was popular overseas.
>>
>>142720829
>The anime sucked.
>>
>>142721198
/v/ was the one that discovered Watamote and relished in the cringe, as well as reaching out to the mangaka and giving her encouragement, as well as dick pics.

Those were good times, with anons linking and buying copies off JP sites to help bolster the sales.
>>
File: pain.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
pain.webm
3 MB, 640x360
NEE

NEE

HIMITSU NEEEEE
>>
>>142722284
No they fucking didn't. They just stole our shit as usual.
>>
>>142720908
Shit why did I laugh at this...
>>
>>142723126
/v/ wouldn't want to steal anything from /a/ and vice versa
>>
wasted 10 episodes of a 13 episode adaption covering character introductions, then wasted the rest with false drama. it only needed to explain eromine & dumpire, the rest could have been implied or introduced like a highlight reel much like incredible hulk did to speed everything along. also the animation sucked.
>>
>>142720829

The anime wasn't great, designs lost a lot of personality and the manga relies on a very high volume of fast jokes that often build on itself. Sometimes the manga does a joke every page (even if it sneaks it in the background like the mum and dumon in the confession chapter).

Manga is still fun but it kinds introduced too many characters too quickly all of a sudden. The succubus is great but the ninja is terrible and the little sister doesn't seem to do much.
>>
>>142724655
in fact if not for the extra cost, they could have used the opening credits as a different character introduction in each episode. just use stills of key introduction scenes with bubbles between pre cut video. instantly cut out all the bullshit and jump strait to the story.
>>
>>142722923
just like yamada-kun, the 'songs' sucked ass
>>
>>142724783

Got Yamada-kun has gone to shit. How the fuck has it not been cancelled?

>I HAVE LOST MEMORIES WITHIN MY LOST MEMORIES, LETS FIND ANOTHER 7 WITCHES WITH BARELY DIFFERENT POWERS
>>
>>142720829
/a/ =/= Japanese audience who actually affect the ratings a show gets. Jitsu wa is still rather unpopular in Japan. And the anime was a shit adaptation anyway.
>>
>>142720829
>I thought /a/ loved it.
/a/ known for buying DVD/BD's in bulk.
>>
>>142723208
You're new, that's why.
>>
>>142724863

the manga seems moderately popular, it's long running with regular colour pages.
>>
>>142724850
just like with bleach, publishers start throwing around money & artists start pumping out crap, cause guaranteed money is easier than taking a chance your next work will be a dud. should have dropped it before chapter 100
>>
>>142724962
It's stuck in Weekly Shounen Campion, a serialisation magazine that hasn't been relevant since the 90s, but yeah, it's currently at least the most popular thing in that magazine, hence the focus it gets.
>>
>>142725016

The frustrating thing is that Yamada-kun was entertaining as fuck with likable characters up until the ritual.

Then half the characters disappeared, a bunch of new ones were introduced that weren't interesting and it just repeated the whole 'find the witches' thing over and over.
>>
>>142724783
Yamada's ED is fucking great, faggot
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.