[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Konosuba
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 13
File: Ln_Darkness.png (541 KB, 590x876) Image search: [Google]
Ln_Darkness.png
541 KB, 590x876
Is Lalatina more interesting in the source material?

She kind of seems to be worst girl, I mean she's not bad or anything, but like completely pales in comparison to either of the other two female 'leads' Aqua and Megumin in terms of comedic value/endearment etc...

Also as a side question; for anyone who has read it; is she main love interest? The impression I got from the anime was that Aqua is not a love interest whatsoever; she's basically a female 'bro' character. Megumin looks to be the token little girl who will make romantic advances which will be rebuffed since she's a little girl. And in the anime Darkness was the only one (of the main three girls) that Kazuma was clearly interested in.
>>
>>142661377
She's the tsundere with M tendencies. She tends to play the straightman for the other threes less than savory personalities when it comes to work and nobility. She handles herding the other three due to the fact they don't really give a shit about nobility.
>>
File: 1465283020214.jpg (1 MB, 4095x2046) Image search: [Google]
1465283020214.jpg
1 MB, 4095x2046
>>142661448
Huh, now that I think about it, that makes a lot of sense. She's the most socially adjusted and has the best public persona of all of them and is the best at 'acting normal' and the townsfolk CLEARLY have a better overall opinion of her than the rest of the main party.

per the whole; the only one Kazuma was explicitly attracted to in the anime bit

Is she the primary love interest?

Or is it someone else?

Or does this not have a primary love interest at all?
>>
>>142661660
There is no primary love interest. The girls are interested in Kazuma, and he's interested in them. Issue is that on both sides there's an incompetence in terms of romance.

Aqua is out of the loop, but is probably the one who Kazuma cares about the most, though is also the one who he tends to be harshest with too.
>>
>>142661660
Kazuma would accept the first cute girl that confessed to him.
>>
File: 1465314568526.png (242 KB, 636x548) Image search: [Google]
1465314568526.png
242 KB, 636x548
>>142661980
Cool, thanks.

is the manga any good?

I don't really see me reading lns, but I love the show and am kind of interested in more. (I know s2 is coming; but I mean in the meantime)

like is any substantial portion translated in the manga? or is there not really much out there yet?
>>
>>142661660

He has the hots for Eris (he even calls her a real heroine), Megumin and Darkness.
He confessed to Eris but got shot down.
Megumin and Darkness both confessed to him and when he asks if they really meant "that" kind of like both of them got cold feet.

Also Darkness and Kazuma almost fucked.

Aqua is a retard and not a love interest.
>>
>>142662143
also this
>>142662062
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (152 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
152 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>142662062
Believable.
>>
>>142662071
Just read the LN. It's readable and it's very funny. Manga is just way behind.
>>
File: 46u264jw5.jpg (676 KB, 1102x781) Image search: [Google]
46u264jw5.jpg
676 KB, 1102x781
>>142662785
Aren't they basically just like ya books? like harry potter and twilight etc? I don't really think I would be interested in that. I mean I like anime mainly for the execution, not really plot.

I'm not saying there's nothing out there with good plot, but like the vast majority of stuff is pretty derivative and follows a pretty fixed template, my enjoyment of something is how well the execute the checklist and all the same things I've seen dozens of times before being acted out with a different set of characters and how cute and funny this iteration is.

Like a LOT of what I like about anime (the art itself, the cute and funny moments, high energy jpop or whatever during action scenes, cute sounds) is not something that I think could translate very well to a purely literary medium. I don't read a lot of manga; there's like a few shows I really really enjoyed enough to go and read the manga, and I liked those, and the reason I read those was purely to see more shenanigans with the characters I liked from the show; not at all because I was interested in how the plot turned out. I was interested in what additional content was available in a familiar and enjoyable context.
>>
>>142661660
Dodonko got fucked straight out of any characters traits, damn.
>>
File: aqua-sama.png (889 KB, 1287x717) Image search: [Google]
aqua-sama.png
889 KB, 1287x717
>>142663071
They are still entertaining to read
If you really liked the anime then try it
I did and I had never read an LN before
I loved it and got into reading LNs because of it
Konosuba happens to be an excellent series.
Also Aqua is best girl
>>
>>142661377
>Is Lalatina more interesting in the source material?
No. She becomes even more boring with generic nobility problems, if even possible.
>>
File: Megumin.(KonoSuba).full.1978894.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1414) Image search: [Google]
Megumin.(KonoSuba).full.1978894.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1414
>>142663394
I might give it a shot.
>>
>>142661377
All of them are uninteresting
>>
>>142661377
Divorceness is best to bully
>>
Kazuma is charming because he isn't a floormat and has enough selfishness to self insert without being annoying. He's fun to hate, but you can't really blame him too much.
Megu straddles the line between cute, dumb, and pure emotion. Like the other characters you enjoy her for her simple honesty. This is why konosuba is loved, because the characters motivations and struggles are the focus of the show and not something dumb like plot.
Its Slayers without Shabradingooadoo.
>>
>>142662143
Did Eris actually turn him down?
Is this some WN shit?
I finished volume 8 and she seemed to just think that kazuma was fucking with her every time he made a pass.
>>
File: 1460402701441.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460402701441.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>142662396
Cmon anon, post the full version at least
>>
>>142668898
Well when you look at his past record, he is probably fucking with her unintentionally. His nature has him fuck around with girls, especially the ones he finds attractive.
>>
File: 1465429292960.png (576 KB, 680x960) Image search: [Google]
1465429292960.png
576 KB, 680x960
>>142664056
Definitely do
It's worth the ride
>>
>>142661377
She has better armour for sure
>>
>>142661377
yes shes amazing
>>
>>142661377
Yes.

Darkness kinda got screwed by the anime, because for the first two volumes she's a gag character. It's not until volume 3 that she actually starts doing things, and in fact the anime team must have realized this because Darkness doesn't reveal her identity to everyone until volume 3. Presumably the adaption changed this just so she didn't end up with /nothing/.

The joke with Darkness is that she's secretly the most socially adjusted person in the party... in official situations. She is basically two different people: Lalatina Dustiness and Darkness. And surprisingly enough, unlike most series where you'd see someone encouraging her to drop the "fake" her, Konosuba just straight up says that they're both her and that's fine. As Kazuma puts it, if a person gets pissed off they might do something they normally wouldn't. Does that mean they're suddenly no longer them when they're mad? Of course not.

Anyway most of her gags are her just being completely embarassed with the rest of the party. She loves them, really she does, but if she had her way they would never, ever, ever, EVER appear in anything resembling a formal event, even if the very fate of the world relied on it.

Love interest-wise, it's currently a toss-up between Megumin and Darkness. Megumin keeps shooting herself in the foot, though, and Darkness is entirely aware that Megumin's interested in Kazuma so she's pretty uneasy about trying to seriously pursue a relationship.

Meanwhile on Kazuma's part he doesn't actually like either of them that much beyond "she is a cute girl I am friends with", but he's a teenager. He will take whatever he can get, they just have to actually pull themselves together and broach the subject.

The fact that they still haven't, despite numerous lovey-dovey situations, is actually a huge source of frustration to him. He's kinda rationalized it at this point as "yeah well I didn't WANT to date someone as crazy as them anyways!!!"
>>
What Lalatina actually thinks about the rest of the party:
>“Things will become complicated, so shut up! Go over there and play with Aqua or Megumin!”

Lalatina is pretty great. Darkness on the other hand is sorta meh.
>>
>>142669541
Her role in that entire ark with Iris and trying to keep the party under control was great and It really brought her from being essentially a useless running gag to actually having some depth.
She really is the most socially nuanced and arguably most mature character in the main cast and that ark built her up nicely for the whole marriage shtick.
While the marriage ark had some pretty heavy development with her trying to reconcile her adventuring wish fulfillment and political/family responsibilities, that fucking hack writer just had her go full retard with her exclusion of her friends from her affairs.
>my dad is dying of a mysterious and seemingly incurable disease
>better not ask my friend with godlike healing powers to at least take a look
>>
>>142669962
You have to realize that nobody knows Aqua is actually a goddess.

The Dustiness family did their own research to find out what was going on, and none of the healers they could find could tell them anything. They have no reason to believe some random arch priest, no matter how strong, would be able to do what all of those other people couldn't. Hell they probably asked a few other arch priests already.

And Kazuma actually tries to offer Aqua's services anyways, but then Darkness interrupts and everything kinda goes to shit. Though considering he told Aqua about it anyways, it's kinda on Aqua for not forcing her way in and doing it herself.

...Not that she probably could, anyways.
>>
>>142669962
Part of the issue is that the Dustiness family jumped to the reasonable conclusion that their head was being poisoned, not "Alderp has a contract with a devil and he's using it to slowly suck the life away from him".

>“That’s right, old man, just where does it hurts? I have a good… Eh, an arch priest that is only good in magic in my team, she could even use resurrection. I don’t know where it hurts for you, but if I bring her here, there should be a way to help.”

>“… No, it’s futile. Healing magic can’t heal me either. And resurrection won’t work if I die from sickness. That would be a way for life to end naturally. Those who die a natural death can’t be waken from the miracle of the gods. No matter the cause of death, those whose time has come should return to the heavens, which is something we should be happy for… So, don’t make such a sad face.”

And Kazuma tried bringing Aqua up, it's just that from the perspective of an ordinary person in Fantasy Australia, an Arch Priest wouldn't be able to help.
>>
>>142669962

Max was the plot device. He was forcing Lalatina make wrong decision.
>>
>>142670884
Alderp finally having to pay the piper on that one came across as so fucking edgy.
I felt really dirty for being so satisfied with it.
>>
>>142661377
I like her because she triggers all of my fetishes at the same time.
>>
>>142661377
She is the most boring for me since the masochism got old fast. From the nobility/marriage stuff I've seen it sounds even more boring and cliche. Not to say I hate her but she doesn't interest me either. One thing though is that the seiyuu did a great job portraying the character's eccentricities so all of them were endearing.
>>
>>142662062
>Kazuma would accept the first cute girl that confessed to him.
except megumin confessed to him, as did darkness.

the problem is by the time megumin manage to stop cock blocking herself and confess, kazuma figured out that darkness liked him too and made the conscious decision to NOT accept or turn down any confession, and to aim for a HAREM

He came to the hilariously genre savy conclusion that he suddenly became popular and now was on the "harem protagonist route" and figured that the longer he strings girls along the larger his harem will become.
>>
File: NBN3x7Y.jpg (97 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
NBN3x7Y.jpg
97 KB, 1280x800
>>142671205
>>
>>142671155
That scene was the best, it revealed Alderp's entire character to be a dark mirror of Kazuma.

It's basically what made me decide that yes, I'd consider Konosuba competently written.
>>
>>142671526
Neither Megumin nor Darkness have actually confessed to him. They've /thanked/ him for putting up with them and overall improving their lives, but that's not a confession and both they and Kazuma know it.

Kazuma jokes around about the whole situation to Eris, but the reader can see his personal thoughts on the matter each "confession" scene. He is, in fact, willing to get into a serious relationship, he's just in denial that his only real options are his crazy teammates.
>>
Some jap comedies rely a lot on repetition, in that regard I think this series did it well. I always liked her masochism gag, when she's doing noble stuff it gets kind of boring. Darkness isn't always used to her full potential especially compared to the other girls.
>>
>>142671155
You don't fuck around with deals with the devil.
>>
>>142661377
>Is Lalatina more interesting in the source material?

Yes.
>>
File: 1459039907421.jpg (1 MB, 2231x1600) Image search: [Google]
1459039907421.jpg
1 MB, 2231x1600
2 best girls in 1 picture.
>>
File: 1459780374720.jpg (154 KB, 789x1024) Image search: [Google]
1459780374720.jpg
154 KB, 789x1024
>>142672568
The two girls with something weird on their heads. They can't be best.
>>
>>142671619
It's not really denial. It's more like he has absolutely zero confidance that they aren't just leading him on and he can't tell unless they tell it straight up. Doesn't really help that when he tries to get them to confess, he begins to taunt them and scare them.
>>
>>142663394
Do you or anyone else have a good source for LN's? I only have up to the fifth volume.
>>
>>142672568
Iris is so fucking cute in the latest fanfiction.

Thankfully Vol. 9 gonna be set in the capital again. Hopefully we'll see her.

Poor Yunyun though.
>>
MEGUMIN!
MEGUMIN!
WAGANA WA MEGUMIN!
>>
File: 1465444622064.png (2 MB, 1444x2046) Image search: [Google]
1465444622064.png
2 MB, 1444x2046
>>142672677
Yunyun with hair down and less brain problem would blown Megumin out of the water.
>>
>>142671619
Guy has a really low tolerance for failure, He's mostly afraid that he's just misunderstanding the situation. At least with Megumin you can see long monologues about how she's probably messing with him while she really wants the D. Wasn't that also the reason he was a hikkineet too? Something something about a childhood friend?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.