[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So everyone turns into soup and is given a choice between endless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10
File: end-of-evangelion-208210.jpg (476 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
end-of-evangelion-208210.jpg
476 KB, 1920x1080
So everyone turns into soup and is given a choice between endless pleasure and life, and only Shinji and Asuka and not Misato choose life. Then Shinji nearly kills her for no reason. What sane person thinks this is a good ending
>>
>>142649410
2 deep 4 u senpai
>>
?

Now your disgustingly uninformed post is complete.
>>
File: 1452381432661.png (130 KB, 434x348) Image search: [Google]
1452381432661.png
130 KB, 434x348
>between endless pleasure and life

Except there's neither pain nor pleasure.
You either accept instrumentality and are save but never truly "happy" or you accept life and become able to feel happiness while risking to be hurt by others.
>>
>>142649722
it's still a shit ending
>>
>>142649787
You aren't in a position to judge that.
You literally didn't understand it.
>>
>>142649787
It's a tragic ending. To a tragedy. I'm with you in that I didn't enjoy it, but we're both retarded if we went into this expecting a happy ending. It was always going to end on a sad, or at least bittersweet note, and that's not a bad thing. Some people like tragedies.
>>
>>142649911
ah, the 2deep4u argument begins. That didn't take long.
>>
>>142649979
>choice between endless pleasure and life
>Shinji nearly kills her for no reason
>hur dur I understood it
>>
>>142650083
ah, the greentext cancer also begins. Let me grab some popcorn while you try to defend your shitty movie
>>
File: 1464514597856.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
1464514597856.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
This thread is going no where, and will probably be gone in an hour or so, but
Every thread, until you shave it
>>
File: EoE Yui.png (3 MB, 580x2632) Image search: [Google]
EoE Yui.png
3 MB, 580x2632
>>142650161
Anon the thing you stated in the OP were wrong and I explained that here >>142649722
How am I supposed to believe that you actually understood it.

You didn't even describe why it's a shit ending and when someone corrects the shit you say you pretend to get memed on.

Explain to me why the ending sucks, please.
We can have a proper discussion if you can do that.

>>142649931
I can see why people think it's a sad/tragic ending but I always felt like it's message is quite positive.
>>
>>142650682
The message sure. The actual events within the story delivering the message, not so much. Only a tragedy could deliver the message of "no matter how much shit sucks, or how much pain you go through, the chance at that will get better and you'll have happiness make life worth living." That's why I said it could be called bittersweet. Shit sucks, but not always. It is a good message.
>>
>>142649410
>So everyone turns into soup and is given a choice between endless pleasure and life, and only Shinji and Asuka and not Misato choose life. Then Shinji nearly kills her for no reason. What sane person thinks this is a good ending+ 0 post omitted.

No anon.

Everyone is turned to soup, and enter Instrumentality. Instrumentality is then broken, which ends the "pleasure" of having your flaws and insecurities complemented.

Everyone is floating around in limbo status until they are able to form themselves in their own mind.
>>
It was a really shitty ending. It's completely unbelievable that Shinji and Asuka would be the first of the bunch to pop out, and the strangling made no sense at all.
My personal theory on how to be regarded ‘deep’ by anime fandom, is that it involves a lot of die rolls and ass pulls.
>>
>>142652455
See >>142651424

They don't have to be the "first" that pop up.
>>
>>142652455
>involves a lot of die rolls and ass pulls
are you saying that people are generally fascinated by aleatoricism and indeterminacy? I'm not entirely sure what you're going for
>>
>endless pleasure
There's not endless pleasure actually, because in the LCL sea you don't feel anything: Notice how emotionless are Rei and Shinji faces while they're joining, or the monotony of their voices. There are no bad things, but there are no good things either. There's no sadness or pain, which is what Shinji wanted to avoid, but there's also no happiness. There's nothing. In the end is the same as being dead.
And it's the same as real life. If you don't have bad things, you probably won't be able to actually appreciate the good things. In other words, would you appreciate a good mark in a test the same way that if you had to make a huge effort to gain it, or if you only had to study the day before?
The effect of habituation also applies. We get used to have things such as a home or food, but do we do appreciate it as much as we should?
That's why Shinji rejected it. "But this is wrong". He realized such a world was not worthwile. And Asuka is probably back too because of her own fears.
We also do not know if Misato will come back later. People can come back but the thing is, do they want to?
>>
>>142649410
It's not.

Anno eventually admitted that it was supposed to be bleak ending.
>>
>>142653882
gonna need a sauce on dat kid
>>
>>142653882
>>142654277
Yes, we really need, because in my case it's the first time I ever heard about that. Plus we have this:
>KT - I believe so. There was a time when Hideaki Anno clearly wanted to attempt a more cathartic development. It didn’t end up that way, but I don’t think we lied.
>– When you say “lie”, do you mean to suddenly conclude with something like “love saved the world”?
>KT - Exactly. And we didn’t do that with this movie. I feel no dissatisfaction at the ending. I really like it.
>– At the end of this movie, Shinji seems to have reached a sort of settlement regarding troubles of the heart.
>KT - Well, my personal view is, “Do we really need to complement these troubles of the heart?” Regardless of whether or not we are complemented, have troubles, or find our answers, interpersonal relations exist, and the world goes on. I thought the last scene meant to say that life goes on, but I could be wrong.
>– In the end, Evangelion was a story about communication – at least judging from that last scene.
>KT - That was the intent from the start of the TV series. That was what I tried to produce from episode 2 onward.
>>
>>142649931
>tragic end

You clearly missed the point of the series.

It's a happy ending, as Shinji learns to face reality instead of running away. This, combined with the fact that he is forced to reconcile with Asuka, makes him grow more mature as a person.
>>
>>142649410
He only strangled her to make sure he wasn't in a dream state
>>
File: 1463961748814.jpg (293 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463961748814.jpg
293 KB, 1920x1080
>OP makes inaccurate assessment of some aspect of NGE
>multiple anons scramble to correct him and help him understand what actually happened in the movie, then provide some widely accepted interpretations of what happened to help him on his way to appreciating the whole series more
>wow this is some 2deep4u bullshit what a shit show xD

i hate this meme
>>
>>142654723
thats why i think the last scene is a response to the first scene of the movie. its like welcome back to reality shinji, time to face the music and deal with the shit you caused.
>>
>>142655260
Shit people have shit taste, its not new
>>
>>142649410
The same kind of person who still talks about Eva after 20 years.
>>
>>142656485
What did he cause?
>>
>>142654930
He was trying to kill her like in instrumentality
>>
>>142657944
asuka's suffering
kaworu's death
toji's injury and amputation
tangification of the human species
>>
>>142658400
>toji's injury and amputation
Woah, when was this mentioned? I just remember him being in the eva/angel then never mentioned again
>>
>>142658400
He didn't cause asuka's suffering and the tangification of the human species was a good thing because he gave humans a choice.
>>
>>142658538
I think it's kind of offhandedly mentions that one of his arms and legs are prosthetics after the incident. I think in the Mange they just straight killed him off.
>>
>>142658538
>>142658729
You see him lacking an arm and a leg in his hospital bed. It's never mentioned.
>>
File: evangelion-19-d-Noticia-701294.jpg (34 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
evangelion-19-d-Noticia-701294.jpg
34 KB, 600x315
>>142658538
I think in another shot you can see he's missing his left arm as well...

He was supposed to die, but since jap censors wouldn't allow child deaths, the plot decided to maim him and drop him from the story.
>>
>>142658802
I don't think you see Kensuke after that point either.
>>
>>142658802
>He was supposed to die, but since jap censors wouldn't allow child deaths, the plot decided to maim him and drop him from the story.

Do you have a source for this?
>>
File: Chant_1404863906535.png (320 KB, 440x576) Image search: [Google]
Chant_1404863906535.png
320 KB, 440x576
Just watched Rebuild 1-3

Rebuild 1 was perfect. Excellent OST, based Ramiel and much better execution. Also didn't catch Shinji getting the stigmata the first time I watched Eva

Rebuild 2 was cool watching the story split off from Touji boarding unit 05. Good OST once again.

I don't even know what happened in Rebuild 3. 2 ends with Misato cheering Shinji on for finally following his own desires albeit triggering the third impact. Then when he shows up again doesn't explain shit to him and treats him like trash. Gendo does the same thing. Only person that cares about him is gay piano who is the only likeable character in the movie. And the movie ends exactly where we started except obelisk guys are dead all according to Gendo's keikaku. At least the opening sequence was bad ass.
>>
>>142659581
The interiew with Anno has been posted here thousands of times, check the archive
>>
>>142659581
>Anno: No, um, I made a certain promise, though I think now I should have broken it. At the very beginning, when [we] drew up the plan [for Eva], [I met] with the producer, from King Records, who told me, "I will approve the plan you submit, whatever it is, because I have faith in you. However, there will be two conditions. The first one is that you will remain with me for five years. You cannot, for example, do a film version with another [producer]. The additional condition is that you will not kill any children. The adults can die, but I don't want children dying." Because of that condition I couldn't kill [Toji].
>>
>>142660998
But killing loli Rei was somehow okay?
>>
>>142660998
anno really wants normie characters to suffer doesnt he?
>>
>>142661118
I just can guess they didn't see Rei nor Kaworu as humans.
>>
>>142659789
>Rebuild 1 was perfect
No?
>much better execution
Except all the best parts of that first 6 ep run were completely cut or compressed so much that their impact was entirely lost.

Do you honestly think Shinji's "running away" for 5 minutes of runtime only to literally tell soldiers behind him to bring him back is even on the same universe of greatness as episode 4 of the TV show?
What happened to the structure of episode 2, which was absolutely brilliant and an example of Anno being a directing prodigy?

Hell the first couple shots of the film pale in comparison to how the TV show is established.

Rebuild 1 is probably the worst of the three films because it doesn't need to exist and doesn't work as a film. The other two are utter garbage as well, but for different reasons.
>>
>>142661303
Every scene in Rebuild 1 that was in the show was done better.

Obviously a 1.5hr movie can't portray everything in the story as well as the show due to time constraints. But from a movie standpoint the movie is the BEST that it could possibly be without being hours long.
>>
>>142661303
>>142661482

I liked the second one. First one was ok. I'm really hoping all the shit that was left in the dust in 3.0 will be dealt with in 3.0+1
>>
>>142660998
>I will approve the plan you submit, whatever it is, because I have faith in you.
We need more of this shit. Just give directors freedom and see what comes out of it
>>
>>142649410
EVA was clearly made to appeal to Japanese male teenagers in the 90's.

The cultural differences make it difficult to truly experience and understand what the story was about the way they did.

To me it was less of a personal journey and more of an indirect insight into general mindfulness and problems of a particular culture during a particular time period.

Regardless of whether or not my speculation has any merit, I found EVA to be more enjoyable when I viewed it that way so the experience had value to me.
>>
>>142661482
>Every scene in Rebuild 1 that was in the show was done better.
Again, no. Your aesthetic buds are fucked up.

The film's screen literally looks worse all the time, the animation for the fights is all either reused or worse, the editing lacks the punch of the TV show (seriously go watch the ep1 intro again up until the title credits and "Angel Attack" kicks in and tell me the movie did it better), little dialogue cues that could've been inserted without adding any runtime were removed for no reason.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
Would you support a perfect 1:1 HD remake of the original series?
>>
>>142661765
The BDs already exist anon
>>
>>142661789
Fuck. You serious? I though the [2D4U] DVDs were the best around
>>
>>142661910
There were dozens of threads about them months ago, don't know how you managed to miss it.
>>
File: Ci5Sk0CXAAAcZop.jpg:orig.jpg (113 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ci5Sk0CXAAAcZop.jpg:orig.jpg
113 KB, 1440x1080
>>142661910
Nah man, they were out around October last year. Get the 2D4U release.
>>
File: Chant_1398546897128.jpg (484 KB, 918x1260) Image search: [Google]
Chant_1398546897128.jpg
484 KB, 918x1260
>>142661665
I see what you're saying, I'm probably just not patrician enough to appreciate all the minor details. Though I feel Khara did an excellent job in capturing Tokyo 3. Probably the best use of CG I've seen in at show.

The CG was pretty bad at times in Rebuild 3 though. Especially the scene in the cockpit of the Wunder where the camera pans around all the characters.
>>
>>142649410
It's the only possible "good" ending. Everything was going to go to shit, since both Nerv and Seele could not be stopped, but then surprisngly enough Shinji gets his shit together and sort of overcomes his problems, eventually creating a breach and sort of saving the day and everyone that wants to be saved.
It's really a pretty typical structure:
>hero cannot be the hero he needs to be because reasons
>shit eventually gets fucked, only hero can unfuck shit!
>hero overcomes reasons and becomes the hero that the world needs
>shit is unfucked
>>
>>142663150
Shit only got fucked because Shinji wanted to.

It's easier if we consider the entirety of EoE as a massive allegory of suicide.
>>
>>142663388
Both Gendo and Seele were going to fuck things far more than Shinji did. He still fucked shit, but he left the option for people to unfuck themselves.
>>
>>142663388
this >>142663464
If shit got fucked by Seele or nerv it would have been even worse, Shinji just went along with the shitfucking that was already happening and in the end he got it less fucked, though he could have got it even less fucked than that, but then it wouldn't have been him would it.
>>
>>142654930

close, he didn't actually realize he was out yet

he didn't believe it was real because he couldn't accept that she would be there
>>
>>142658802
He dies in the manga
>>
>>142658729
Woulda been better if he died
Don't see what reason they could have had for keeping him around
>>
>>142659789
The OST were generic final fantasy final boss music on all of them. Frankly one of the lower points of the movies compared to the original movie and the tv series.

They start with the melody, then another instrument repeats the same melody, then the choir repeat the same melody, ABABCB structure most of them.

There are good themes, sure, but all of the "epic" angel battles themes were shit. The good ones were the ones not related to fights.
>>
>>142666813
The 3.0 OST is amazing, the first two were fairly bland
>>
But isn't being dead and not feeling anything better than living on this gay earth? Life is 80% shit, 20% (small) pleasures.
>>
>>142667062
EoE posits it isn't.
>>
>>142667062
The shit makes life good though. I'm a depressed autist and I would rather live in a world of anime than become soup
>>
>>142652455
>It's completely unbelievable that Shinji and Asuka would be the first of the bunch to pop out,

Are you retarded? Just because the others aren't shown popping before doesn't mean Asuka and Shinji are the firsts and there isnt anyone else on the world at the moment of the final scene.
>>
>>142658916
He's in 22, he evacuated like Hikari when there wasn't a city anymore.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.